Australia vs night race

Public topics not directly related to NAR, for example real F1 racing.
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

Australia vs night race

Post by Flow »

Bernie said that if Melbourne was not race at night, the GP will be given to another country...

Drivers are afraid of electric light failure around the track at 300km/h while theyr are racing, security reason. It is little controvertial discussion up to now.
Last edited by Flow on 20 May 2007, 21:37, edited 1 time in total.
NAR.F1 driver
Steve

Post by Steve »

Man, he is a total power freak, isn't he? always threatening these tracks , if they don't do this or that, that he will give their date to someone else. I'll be glad when he retires !!
I may be slow, but at least I'm consistantly slow !
Dropkick

Post by Dropkick »

the guy is a fist class dick , i am ashamed that he is british!!!!
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Well, it is simple, we like the sport, he like the money that the sport brings him.
NAR.F1 driver
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Here a copy paste of more news about the night race (I also read that another GP have in the contract to convert to night race) :

May 21 (GMM) The state government in Melbourne has responded to F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone by insisting that staging a night grand prix has not been ruled out. Ecclestone suggested at the weekend that refusing to run the Albert Park race under lights in the future could result in the loss of its contract after 2010. It is believed that his comments followed his meeting in London last week with the Victorian state premier Steve Bracks.

But after denying that a formal proposal has even been made, tourism minister Tim Holding said the government would "look at" the option. "Obviously the race itself is more attractive from a television rights perspective (if staged at night), but we'll make a judgement in terms of what's in the best interests of Melbourne ... and whether it's the right look for our grand prix to have," he said.

Holding's comments follow speculation that an auditor-general's report on Wednesday will name the Australian GP as an event that is bad value for taxpayers.
NAR.F1 driver
Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

like bearnie or not, i dont know what you are on about here :)

i think a night race would be cool, and fun to watch. and they want to put it on the best air time for europa, and thats fine with me too. and in all honesty i think it is good that bearnie keeps pressure on the tracks so they keep improving, rebuilding, maintaining and so on. with this said, no i dont like bearnie. but this is not a bad thing... 8)

and come on...no way the lights will go out, they can just use 2 independent systems with own generators. no problems
[12:19:47]Dropkick: somebody tried to mug me once
[12:19:59]Dropkick: but i was so drunk i did not understand
Dropkick

Post by Dropkick »

i do not think it is quite as simple as you make out kaffe imho

i am not sure that i would want to test visability at 190mph going into a hairpin that is for sure

will we now see pit crew with miners helmets for the pit stops lol

i am sure there are other problems to be overcome too
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

some even bring up the non ecological waste of electricity to light up the track to make it bright just like if it was sunny!

Would be interesting, but it dont seem to be as easy as , just light up the track.
NAR.F1 driver