New F1 Start rule (This is not a joke!!!)

Public topics not directly related to NAR, for example real F1 racing.
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

New F1 Start rule (This is not a joke!!!)

Post by Flow »

WMCS 'white line' Shock!
No overtaking at 1st bend

More details from the recent World Motor Sport Council meeting have emerged in the last 24 hours, with the most significant, and surprising, news being a rule stipulating the use of a new 'lane' system at certain tracks in order to minimise the possibility of first corner accidents.

Beginning in Malaysia next weekend, the first corner will be divided in two by a white line 'no more than 10cm and no less than 8.5cm' wide - according to article 379c of the Sporting Regulations - that will follow the curve of the corner exactly.

The regulations go on to state "Following the extinguishing of the starting lights all cars shall proceed towards the first corner at racing speed; on reaching the corner, those on the left of the grid from the drivers point of view shall take the left hand 'lane', with drivers on the right of the grid taking the right 'lane'."

The idea is to keep the cars in two neat, orderly lines for the first corner, hence negating the possibility of any needless accidents caused by drivers attempting to make up places at such an early stage in the race.

The rule states that drivers shall "continue in their allotted lanes until a green flag is displayed further around the circuit."

This new regulation has, unsurprisingly, come as a surprise to many, and elicited the following response from Williams driver Alex Wurz:

"If it keeps DC off my head i'm all for it."

The Austrians sentiments were echoed by Britains Anthony Davidson, victim of an early race accident with Spykers Adrian Sutil in Australia:

"Excellent news" began Davidson "I may get further than a lap."

Fernando Alonso, World Champion and driving for McLaren, expressed his delight at the idea:

"If it means less of that ridiculous overtaking it is a good idea."

Updatesport will bring you further comment on the rule as the news filters through

-- Source : http://formula-1.updatesport.com/news/a ... /view.html
NAR.F1 driver
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

So now you will be able to do a bad start to slow down in back, to help your teamate on the other line? Oups!!!, i see it in my head, im shure that i will see it on track. None start at same speed, and now some will complaint of blocking on start!.

Why not just merge in 1 line and no pass untill 1st corner???? one line can be faster than the other line, this wont be fair!!!

Personaly, at 1st view, this rules is completely stupid, and not good for the Show!!!

I just hope that im wrong.
NAR.F1 driver
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by SteveB »

I agree FLOW.
Blocking will probably be a huge factor now.
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

Guys, hahahahahahahahhahaa

Ofcourse it is a joke :)

HAPPY APRIL 1st STEVEB and FLOW!!!!!!!!!!!
Seems fia read my april1 joke and decided to go a similiar way hehe
[12:19:47]Dropkick: somebody tried to mug me once
[12:19:59]Dropkick: but i was so drunk i did not understand
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

:D :D :D
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

:oops: dam forgot that we are april 1st... :oops: :oops: :oops: was the stupidest thing i could see that F1 would of done :evil:
NAR.F1 driver
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by SteveB »

OMG

How stupid for me to fall for anything like this on this day. LMAO
We've been had FLOW.

WELL DONE guys.....ROFLMAO :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN