Formula One - the next five years

Public topics not directly related to NAR, for example real F1 racing.
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

Formula One - the next five years

Post by Flow »

Bio fuel, turbos and four-race engines among future plans for the next 5 years in F1. They want to make the F1 a source of experimentation to develop some ecological technology that will be use in real car by manufacturer.

Also some new change in engine life and reduction of 50% of downforce.

Take 5 minutes to see what is comming up in F1 soon.: http://www.formula1.com/news/5393.html
08 December 2006
NAR.F1 driver
noob1234

Post by noob1234 »

I came across this yesterday.
The thought is nice to make the research useful but standardized aerodynamics would take away something from the sport. If you want standardized there are a lot of formula X with bigger numbers than one.
-"Winning is like a drug...I can't settle for second or third in no circumstances whatsoever"
(Ayrton Senna)
Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

reduction of 50 % downforce?

lol, that would make it slower than the other GP x leauges....or not as much faster at least, i think its a pity - f1 should be the fastest and most advanced, and imo definitly not go any slower than it is now!

buuuuu buuuuu buuuuuu
this will make cart cars faster than f1 cars, buuu

8) 8)
[12:19:47]Dropkick: somebody tried to mug me once
[12:19:59]Dropkick: but i was so drunk i did not understand
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Well we will see. In past all atemp to slow F1, were in final result of engeneer work that end up to be as fastest as it was before. They will have to find new way to be as fast as they are. The idea behind that is to make them have more fight on track, so more pass between them.
NAR.F1 driver
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by SteveB »

IMO they are DESTROYING F1 with all these changes year after year.
I think they should worry more on DRIVER DEVELOPMENT than what they are doing now.

Don't they think about the costs these teams are absorbing always changing things....OMG.... LEAVE IT ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree KAFF.....pretty soon we will be watching GP2 series instead.....in fact I always woke up early on race day because SPEED CHANNEL would show the GP2 race live and I LOVE IT!!!
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Well this is what the 5 motorist was worried about. Why invest many millions and more, and only for racing. Those 5 motorist wanted to do theyr own racing event, remember? Theyr goal was having more money, hehe, all is about money. But in second hand, they wanted to put money in a racing top event, but wiht the possiblity of using that money to develop technology that will be usefull to them, us. By devolping ecological, invest the lost of energy to make a more powerfull and economical engine to be able to adapt that technology to our all day usage car. Dont forget that the planet is asking to me more ecologic, and they know that one day, they will have to face it, even if the pression is already hard on them. They want to take tat F1 investment, to develop those things. That is only 1 part of it. The little of part of many other, is that they want to bring more fighting on track between driver. They cant force team to use all same car and engine, so they turn back downforce, engine and bla, bla, bla just to make them be unique, but more at same level. Note that alot of F1 fan were angry of that powerfull Ferrari domination that made a big lost of interest of F1.

Those 5 years strategy, is certainly base on the, you remember that big survey that FIA did and you probably answer few months ago? That is the conclusion of the FIA survey.

Yup, F1 will change face, but at what price? only time will say to us... :roll: Hope that it will just be better, unless they will loose me at fan of F1! :?
NAR.F1 driver