some fun in karting tonight

Public topics not directly related to NAR, for example real F1 racing.
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

some fun in karting tonight

Post by Flow »

Xzwins, Bilbo and me + 7other friends are going to do some Karting again toniht...

Wow, do you realy want to know if we will be all sweating after our 3 race of 15 minutes?

He official meteo info at 6PM (EST) :

34°C
Fair
FEELS LIKE 48°C
WIND SW 26 km/h
GUSTS 39 km/h
RELATIVE HUMIDITY 63%
DEWPOINT 25°C
PRESSURE 100.32 kPa
VISIBILITY 16 km
CEILING unlimited

Outise, not under sun, you dont move, and you fell the water pearl on your skin after few minutes. I think we will drink alot of water!!!
NAR.F1 driver
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

Yeah that will be a sweaty happening m8 :D

A month ago i was at a go track doing 2 stints in some fast karts 120km/h that was pretty exhausting about 30 laps at also a temp of around 30 degree's.

Make sure you drink enough :wink: and have fun.
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Yeah, pretty fast yours, we run public kart, a 9.9hp on a 900meter track and top speed is 70kmh, and the track have a few hairpin, nice configuration. Supose to do time around 1min05 average... some can do close to 1min. Last time we went, score board show Andrew ranger on 3rd position of fastest lap.

http://www.kartingstalphonse.com/?c=2&lang=en
NAR.F1 driver
Steve

Post by Steve »

It was 39 c here when i came home from work at 5:30 PM, thats 102 f, lol, damn, we need an alberta clipper bad !!!!
I may be slow, but at least I'm consistantly slow !
aawil

Post by aawil »

I would be really cool if we could someday get all NA drivers together for a karting event. Probably will never happen but boy it would be cool.

Flow how far is this place from montreal?
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Hooo, we were wet like hell, dam was hot. Was a fun night, i asked my father to come videotape us for fun, but he prefer stay on airconditioner at home, lol. But was great fun. Just as we seat in Kart for the 3rd last race, ran out of electricity, the outside track at 9h30PM was completely black, and 10 minutes later, were a extreme bad tunderstorm wiht big wind, lucky we were not on track, cause night is dark when theyrs rain cloud over your head.
NAR.F1 driver
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Aaron, that place is just under 1 hour or so from Montreal.

On the way back, we met with some pretty bad hailstorm, bad enough that I parked the car roadside for a couple of minutes in a spot where there were trees around to cut the worst of it. It's a times like this that you wondera bit about the wisdom of having some aluminum panels on a car... But we had a very nice show of lightning though, worth the price of admittance (I'll see if that's still true tomorrow morning when I can inspect my car in daylight for damage, although I don't think there will be any).

The racing itself was quite very cool though. I did qualify a surprising 2nd behind Flow but that was probably due to Xz getting a bad kart. For the 1st race, Flow asked to start back like 4th or 5th, handing me the pole. For about a couple of laps, I battle for the lead with Xz's friend (I think), until I made a Sato move and hit him in a hairpin, which delayed him a lot. Soon after, Flow is on me and, not surprisingly since he weighs about half what I weigh, he passes me but, nice of him to wait for me, we hang around together for about 10 laps. Unfortunately, the combination of being behind Flow and breathing his exhaust gases, a quickly eaten fast food supper and the debilitating heat all took their toll on me and when we finally met with lapped drivers (meaning no escape from exhaust gases), I couldn't take it anymore and became sick. :oops: End of race for me, although I'm quite proud to have still managed to do one of the faster race laps.

Shortly after that, the power outage happened, meaning no 2nd race for anyone. We'll have to settle that before winter comes! :twisted:
2010 NA div. Admin
killahead
NAR founder

Post by killahead »

How cool is that! Sounds like a great evning.....to bad about the thunder storm.

but you did barf in Fow's car at least, Bilbo? I mean......it was his fault.... :twisted: :D
"I saw a red light and chose to stop, someone else saw a red light and chose not to," / Kimi Räikkönen
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Nahh, I parked trackside as I started feeling bad. It came quite quickly too, everything was fine until we closed on the stragglers and then I just barely had time to park on the grass. I'll restrain from posting more details in case anybody is eating while reading this thread... :? :oops:

Despite all this, it was a very fun evening.
2010 NA div. Admin
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Hehe Aaron it would be fun, unless a nice track exist 50/50 between eatch other. Im shure some better track may exist somewhere. But on this track, you can fight with little contact and they dont even bather with you. All other place i went, a single contact, even by mistake, you get a warning and after 2, your out! :evil: Woud be fun to have a cam on helmet, lol

About thunderstorm bilbo? yeah, hehe i didnt had to stop, with my Odyssy, i can see higher than other, but i was driving around 30-40kmh max on the highway, folowing trafic. Nice lightning, they seem to never stop, at eatch second was one, and even few at same time. For about few minutes, was just like if it was so bright, almost forgetting that it was night. :wink:
NAR.F1 driver
aawil

Post by aawil »

Flow wrote:Woud be fun to have a cam on helmet, lol
Indeed. I'm thinking about getting one of these when they come out. Not sure if I would ever use it enough but a wireless cam is so cool.

http://www.samsung.com/Products/Camcord ... 5WLXAA.asp
mercury

Post by mercury »

steve? what the hell is an alberta clipper ? at the champ car race here 2 weeks ago it was 117 sitting in the stands .
Steve

Post by Steve »

hm, ok, scratch the alberta clipper, a nice spell of LESS than 100 f would be nice !! lol
I may be slow, but at least I'm consistantly slow !
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Wow, we were stop by a severe thunderstom, but here in quebec just neer us, a tornado was reported by meteocanada of F2, 24h hours after still over 200 000 people missing electricity, and 3 death... was a bad storm, but didnt knew it was that bad :shock:
NAR.F1 driver