Winter test # 1.5 2005/2006

Public topics not directly related to NAR, for example real F1 racing.
Kaali

Post by Kaali »

Even though it's the real first test since winter break started I indulge myself to call the testing starting monday next week # 1.5 because Ferrari already started testing LOOONG time ago.

Mark the new team names:

BMW-Sauber
Williams-Cosworth
Red Bull-Ferrari
Scuderia Toro Rosso-Cosworth
Honda F1
Midland F1

A total of eight teams of the F1 World Championship will start preparing the 2006 season at the Circuit de Catalunya.

I am not sure when the teams will start testing V8's. As far as I know Cosworth (engine supplier to Williams and Scuderia Toro Rosso in 06) , Toyota (engine supplier to MF1 in 06?), Honda and Ferrari (engine supplier to Red Bull in 06) have done extensive V8 testing already and other teams will start testing with a degraded V10.

I bet Bridgestone already has long-forgotten their 2005 season. Nevertheless two more teams will be supplied by Bridgestone tyres in 06 namely Toyota and Williams. Both teams will kick off their relationships with Bridgestone in Barcelona.

So it's back to duties and I look forward to see how the new regulations will affect the times and will follow F1 news closely from monday! :twisted:
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Flow »

Paul Stodar himself made the last lap of the Minardi team earlier this week. He tough he woud be less sad, he coudnt stop himself crying :cry: , i woud do some if i had to sale my F1 team, lol. Another to add to the list of Beneton, arrows, jaguar, Minardi and.... and... and..., only in memories now.
NAR.F1 driver
Kaali

Post by Kaali »

Yeah I agree with Stoddard and Flow that it's sad Mindardi doesn't exist anymore. Damn regulations! Killed Jordan and Minardi lately.

Pure speculation from my side but I wonder if Ferrari hadn't been so dominating that Prost, Arrows would have survived? Or is it other circumstances that lead to their disappearence?
Ruben Miranda
Favorite team: Ferrari

It is alway about $

Post by Ruben Miranda »

Hello Guys

Teams going out well it is more then anything but it always fall back to money. If a team is not winning or even finishing races and getting at least some points then sponcer ship goes away AKA Money and you can not servive.

Take jordan this past year the only points I think they got (That I can remember) was at Indy :shock: Sorry but If the only way you can get points and finish races is to have all other teams not show up. Then it is time to pack it up in my oppiuion. But for sure a team with this big of a problem no one in there right mind will put or continue to put money in to it.

Is it sad to see them go YES but hopefully this will make room for another team a better team that will actully be more dominet and give us something to watch.

Hitman
I might not be fast, But I am ahead of you.
Ruben Hitman Miranda
Kaali

Post by Kaali »

Wow! Toyota unveiled their '06 contender today at Catalunya track! Serious business. 8) It will be exciting to see what Mike Gascoyne (good wizard and 1 of the few real good winning factors in F1 and the man who designed Reanult's '04 and '05 contender) has done on that car. I hope it will kick ass and give Ferrari some fight in 2006! :twisted:

Williams has also unveiled their new livery. Dark colors I must say. I look forward to see the colors on T.V.