China Race thread

Public topics not directly related to NAR, for example real F1 racing.
Kaali

China Race thread

Post by Kaali »

Last race this season :cry:

I can't believe 19 races, the longest season ever, is almost over already! :shock:

We also have to say good bye to Minardi and Sauber after the Chinese race which will be sad too :( . Let's not forget that Minardi has won prestigious prizes, several for finding upcoming stars like Fisichella and Alonso and Webber.

Sauber bought state of the art wind tunnel ever built for F1 cars in 2003 and it's so good that you can have 2 1:1 F1 cars in simultaneously! I bet BMW will be glad to get that windtunnel and hopefully be able to kick some ass, not in 2006, but maybe 2007 or 8! :twisted:

Unfortunately private era in F1 will be over after this season but fortunately the number of cars won't be less, cos Minardi will be overtaken by Red Bull and Sauber by BMW. There are even rumors that say that a 11th team will be on grid next season already. Let's hope so. After team Prost and team Arrows went bankrupt I missed them.

[edit] And not to forget that the name Jordan will also disappear after this race.

After the last race it will be five months of desert walking...I hate it...
Last edited by Kaali on 14 Oct 2005, 21:18, edited 1 time in total.
Ruben Miranda
Favorite team: Ferrari

Yes

Post by Ruben Miranda »

Hello
Lat night I was watching them practice and thinking that there are so many last things at this race and this year.

Not only what you have said but also
Lots of driver changes
No more V 10 going to V 8

I hate this part of the season also not only is real F1 finishing up but so is our league. What do we have 3 races left.

And I don't know about everyone else but for me it is the last season with F1 C after the last race I will be uninstalling it forever.

Wow time flies when you are having fun.
Hitman 8)
I might not be fast, But I am ahead of you.
Ruben Hitman Miranda
Kaali

China Race thread

Post by Kaali »

Before all that new teams in 2006 stuff went out I also thought to quit watching F1 after this season. Especially when they proposed the new engine format I was so disappointed in the F1 government! V8's! Ha! "We can't go back in time" like Barrichello said about the new V8 rule.

But you follow what's going on this season and still read the news daily and I must admit that despite the new V8 engine rule, to me it's getting more and more exciting for the 2006 season. Alle the change of drivers makes it very interesting. The new teams that will compete. But I am so tired of qualify changes. For the 7th time in 5 years they change qualify format. STOP THAT! :evil:

But anyways I will give it a chance next season...
Kaali

China Race thread

Post by Kaali »

Renault will have new engine spec, the so called RS25 E spec. They will try to push McLaren HARD!

Sato will also get a completely new Honda RA005E super V10 engine which he will probably set to max revs at qualify!
meoPHOENIX

Post by meoPHOENIX »

hehe what about V12?

... have fun!

:twisted: meo :twisted:
I'll fly till I'm burned! BURN BABY BURN! lol lool loool looool loooool loool looool loooool loooooo...
don't fear - track taxis! take it to die in green hell for sure!
Kaali

Post by Kaali »

meoPHOENIX wrote:hehe what about V12
What about V12?
Steve

Post by Steve »

as long as it makes the racing closer, and the speeds don't drop dramatically, i'll still be watching, F1 is still the most technologically advanced racing series on the planet, so i'll be tuning in for every race :O)
I may be slow, but at least I'm consistantly slow !
Kaali

China Race thread

Post by Kaali »

WHOA!

It turned out that the new more powerful Renault engine spec paid out! All Renault front row. 8)

Strategy wise it will be interesting. Both Renault's might be a bit lighter than McLaren's. Montoya looked light on fuel in qualifying session as McLaren are interested in putting him as high on the grid as possible but Räikönnen looked quite heavy, oversteered a few places, especially at T1-T2. He might be on a long first stint.

It will also be exciting if Sato's Honda 1000hp V10 will last entire race!

Enjoy the race and the opportunity to experience the last race with V10's!
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by SteveB »

Of what I heard the V8's are 2 to 3 seconds slower.
I have heard that a couple of teams already have them reving @21K....WOW!!!

I hope that with V8 power they haven't slowed them down too much,don't want it to get boring, then for sure alot of people won't watch. Alot of people just may switch to watching the CART series.

As for going back in time I think they just might be on to something here.In 2008 going back to slick tires, NO electonic aids,NO altering the car via computer from the pit wall.

That is when we will see TRUE tallent (not that they don't now)last night I saw some clips from the 70's when NIKI LAUDA was driving the FERRARI and IMO there is NO driver today that can drive like that, simply AWSOME stuff....

Steve B
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Kaali

China Race thread

Post by Kaali »

Such a great circuit but what a disaster race. That's what I would call it.

What the heck was that Michael and Albers thing about? Geez... :roll:

The organizers must be very embarassed by that drain cover episode. "Made in China." That's all there is to say about it. :roll:

One man running forth and back, then a truck arrives to pick up the Jordan car and seven men just standing around to watch that car be removed... :roll:

One good thing in race was that Renault surely showed McLaren who champions are anno 2005! That Renault was capable of outrun McLaren even after long safetycar periods on cold tyres (Michael spun and went out 'cos of cold tyres!). After what I've seen I doubt McLaren had the fastest car this year (which I thought all season). Seems Renault drove conservatively rpm wise until the Chinese GP and it sure paid out.

One last thing that has nothing to do with the Chinese GP but it's a nice picture of the rookie class anno 2001. The future of F1 top stars:
Attachments
The rookie class of 2001 March 4th  Albert Park Melbourne.jpg
The rookie class of 2001 March 4th Albert Park Melbourne.jpg (54.89 KiB) Viewed 3255 times
bigmac777

Post by bigmac777 »

Hi guys
Great comments in here :D

And...well what a picture....I already knew F1 was a kid's game (so many told me that ....losers!!) :shock:
Watching these guys, who could bet on the Black sheep :?: :lol: