Crazy winter weather

Public topics not directly related to NAR, for example real F1 racing.
Steve

Crazy winter weather

Post by Steve »

Here in the St. louis area, it is warm, WAY too warm for late December. This is the result of the crazy weather. Not too far from where I live, and very close to where I work.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/metr ... mode=image
I may be slow, but at least I'm consistantly slow !
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Re: Crazy winter weather

Post by Bilbo »

Ouch, I hope everything's fine for you at least...
2010 NA div. Admin
Steve

Post by Steve »

No problems here, just some rain...
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by SteveB »

Happy to hear all is ok where you are Steve-ooooooo.
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

Yeah weather is changing due to heating up of the earth, here in Europe we are getting different air streams with as result that colder air from the north is streaming much lower over Europe then it normaly does. Last year we had a colder winter then normal and this year we have had the 2nd coldest December month since 1932 here in Holland lol,.. Earth is warming up yet we are getting more extreme weather it seems. :lol:

Glad you are fine Steve
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
Steve

Post by Steve »

Yesterday it was 65 degrees f here, today......30, lol, insane. A few years ago, we had a day where the temp drooped almost 50 degrees f in about 5 hours....
Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

dutch power wrote:Yeah weather is changing due to heating up of the earth, here in Europe we are getting different air streams with as result that colder air from the north is streaming much lower over Europe then it normaly does. Last year we had a colder winter then normal and this year we have had the 2nd coldest December month since 1932 here in Holland lol,.. Earth is warming up yet we are getting more extreme weather it seems. :lol:

Glad you are fine Steve
Bah, i get so thierd of the media spinning on about this, trying to proclaim that you can se results of a climat change over a 3 year period. Becase you simply cannot, its called extrapolation and it means guessing whats happening prior or after your test values. Now, if there are like 2 cold winters, how can you possibly plot a line decennies ahead based on soley those two values and scream climat change? :) To me, right now, its well within the standard deviation of what the weather should do and nothing weird at all - some winters need to be coldest too :P . Wether or not a climat change is happening, thats another matter...

meepmeep!
[12:19:47]Dropkick: somebody tried to mug me once
[12:19:59]Dropkick: but i was so drunk i did not understand
Scott Beck
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Scott Beck »

Global warming is a hoax. It's just the government trying to pull the wool over your eyes. If anything we're at the start of a mini ice age.
Scott Beck
Visit http://www.rothmans-racing.com for Some Classic Info
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Scott Beck wrote:If anything we're at the start of a mini ice age.
No way. We have enough winter here (Montreal, Quebec but I think most Canadians would agree with me) as it is (even if the big snow storm that hit the USA recently just missed us), I'm not having any ice age before I get to grow live palm trees around the pool in my backyard for X-mas. Global warming FTW! :P :wink:
2010 NA div. Admin
carrera

Post by carrera »

I am hoping on Bilbos theory.I hope to be growing pot trees...oops...I mean palm trees in my backyard at christmas...
carrera 8) 8) 8)
Quote"Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'NO!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer .The end""
SteveB
NAR administrator

Post by SteveB »

carrera wrote:I am hoping on Bilbos theory.I hope to be growing pot trees...oops...I mean palm trees in my backyard at christmas...
carrera 8) 8) 8)
Hehehehehehehee :lol: :lol: :lol:
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN