Official Ferrar F1 simulation software...

Public topics not directly related to NAR, for example real F1 racing.
Craig Cookson
Favorite team: NAR

Official Ferrar F1 simulation software...

Post by Craig Cookson »

http://www.ferrarivirtualacademy.com/EN/index.jsp

This news is quite unbelievable, but Ferrari are releasing simulation software featuring their current 2010 F1 car.

There are only three tracks confirmed (Fiorano, Mugello and Nurburgring) but that seems irrelevent. We are going to be able to drive a Ferrari approved simulation version of their current F1 car.

Release date is September 9th and it will cost 15 Euros for the car and Fiorano. I'm not sure how much the extra tracks will be, but i think they are laser-scanned so they should be perfect in accuracy.

Not much else to say... at least we can stop wondering whether we're driving an F1 sim that really does have the same characteristics as the real-world car it is based on.
ForthRight
Racer
NAR administrator

Re: Official Ferrar F1 simulation software...

Post by Racer »

thats good news, lets hope they give the real thing, :)

it looks promising the video, it might screw things up for Codemasters, ghehehe :) 8)
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Craig Cookson wrote:Not much else to say... at least we can stop wondering whether we're driving an F1 sim that really does have the same characteristics as the real-world car it is based on.
Please allow me to keep my doubts about that. Not that anyone other than a real Ferrari driver could judge that sim any more than any other sim for physics accuracy, no matter what they say...
2010 NA div. Admin
Craig Cookson
Favorite team: NAR

Post by Craig Cookson »

Bilbo wrote:
Craig Cookson wrote:Not much else to say... at least we can stop wondering whether we're driving an F1 sim that really does have the same characteristics as the real-world car it is based on.
Please allow me to keep my doubts about that. Not that anyone other than a real Ferrari driver could judge that sim any more than any other sim for physics accuracy, no matter what they say...
But the drivers have driven it (i think), so you have to hope they've tried to make it accurate and realistic.

Even if it's not 100% authentic i'm sure the physics will be 100% better than F1 2010.

Maybe it's Ferrari's new way of recruiting fresh talent. It'll certainly be a lot cheaper. :wink:
ForthRight
Racer
NAR administrator

Post by Racer »

Did u guys read this, there is some way to chalange others, Hotlaps, :)

Play and win

Ferrari Virtual Academy offers you an exclusive opportunity: using your PC you can have fun and practice driving the F10, comparing for the first time your performance with the fastest laps driven by numerous Ferrari fans from all over the world and the Scuderia Ferrari drivers with the same simulators. Learn about Felipe Massa's, Fernando Alonso's and Giancarlo Fisichella's secrets regarding racing line and driving techniques! But there is more: participating in the tournament you will become part of a worldwide competition, where every week the fastest drivers will be awarded official Ferrari products.

If, at the end of the Trofeo, you are part of the five fastest drivers, you will win a trip into the heart of Ferrari: to Maranello. You will walk through the gates in Fiorano and participate in the exclusive Ferrari Driver Academy course, personally headed by exceptional tutors from the Scuderia.

How it works

When you are using the simulator in the "hot lap" mode your position in the classification and your gap to the fastest lap time is shown in real-time. Thus you can verify if your performance is close to the leaders. You can drive the Ferrari F10 using the same set ups created by the race engineers and used by the Scuderia drivers to reach the reference lap times included in the simulator. Thanks to a spectacular cinematic replay function you can then watch your best performances and the laps driven by Massa, Alonso and Fisichella. After every lap you will be informed about your position in the overall standings and when you manage to get the F10 to its limit you will see that even a tenth of a second will move you up in the standings by several positions.

The Scuderia Ferrari is about to challenge you: the race tracks of Fiorano, Mugello and Nürburgring, reproduced in every single detail, are the chosen venues, where the F10, an accurate replica of the real single-seater, will be driven to its limit. The simulator has been planned to guarantee the best possible conditions so that all virtual drivers can give it their all. There is only one referee: the stopwatch!
Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

amajgad amajdag amajgad wooow woooow woow shit wowooow!
[12:19:47]Dropkick: somebody tried to mug me once
[12:19:59]Dropkick: but i was so drunk i did not understand
Racer
NAR administrator

Post by Racer »

and?????
did u guys buy and tryit already,
i did buyit and tryit, must say looking good and good driving, good setups,
only u have to now the Track to do good lap times, Fiorano track.
alot off mistakes but getting better.
i did fastest time: 1.00.xxx
hanging around place number 1000 someting gehehe where i shut be looool :) :mrgreen: :lol: :wink:

fastest time on that track til now 56.730
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

Some rumours going trough the paddock are saying this this simulator is based on netkar pro??

EDIT: Oh lol, im not even gonna try, just noticed that top3 places are currently the top drivers from FSR :mrgreen: No aspirations here :lol:

In the explanation it says that the times are compared to reference times from the Ferrari drivers, Neo do you know what those reference times are from Massa Alonso etc ???
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Neo, can you confirm the following, as reading the fine print has me confused:
1) You're buying registration for a year ONLY?
2) You're getting only the car and 1 track?
3) Depending on #2, will the other 2 advertised tracks be released for free or at extra cost?

I was already hesitant to send my credit card # to the mafia but depending on the answers above, it's likely that I will not buy it... I mean $20CAD for 1 car and 3 tracks is just okay but $20 for 1 car and 1 track for a year only (knowing I could probably only play it during the winter) would not be worth it to me.
2010 NA div. Admin
Racer
NAR administrator

Post by Racer »

dutch power wrote:Some rumours going trough the paddock are saying this this simulator is based on netkar pro??

EDIT: Oh lol, im not even gonna try, just noticed that top3 places are currently the top drivers from FSR :mrgreen: No aspirations here :lol:

In the explanation it says that the times are compared to reference times from the Ferrari drivers, Neo do you know what those reference times are from Massa Alonso etc ???
the reference time is from Massa 57.xxx
Racer
NAR administrator

Post by Racer »

Bilbo wrote:Neo, can you confirm the following, as reading the fine print has me confused:
1) You're buying registration for a year ONLY?
2) You're getting only the car and 1 track?
3) Depending on #2, will the other 2 advertised tracks be released for free or at extra cost?

I was already hesitant to send my credit card # to the mafia but depending on the answers above, it's likely that I will not buy it... I mean $20CAD for 1 car and 3 tracks is just okay but $20 for 1 car and 1 track for a year only (knowing I could probably only play it during the winter) would not be worth it to me.
well i did not read that much. there is only 1 track for now thats what they say,
if the other tracks are free i dont now, i will findt out and if i now i come back on this,
now am trying to now that damn track ghehehe
Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

I like it, massa is slo as hell he's at 57.5ish im at 57.3ish after like 3 hours driving..i tend to end up around place 30-40 only to get knocked further down when im not driving...only tried 3 times so far :P . Fred is flying as usual, its difficult to get to the limit. Im not sure its completely different to what we're driving though, it has better mechanical grip - and we have to remeber that the setups from ferrari are high downforce ones. but yeah, it feels quite different alright!

as for the tracks, yes it was only fiorano now and i suspect there might be a fee for more tracks...

its definitely worth checking out! 20e/quid/dollars isnt even enough for a dinner for two, so no harm done really
[12:19:47]Dropkick: somebody tried to mug me once
[12:19:59]Dropkick: but i was so drunk i did not understand
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

I have read in a forum somewhere (can't remember) that the other tracks will be 10 euros each but I couldn't find any kind of official confirmation as of last weekend.
2010 NA div. Admin