2011 F1 Season-Provisional

Public topics not directly related to NAR, for example real F1 racing.
rich54

2011 F1 Season-Provisional

Post by rich54 »

Here is the provisional 2011 F1 Season Schedule--
Bahrain (13 March)
Australia (27 March)
Malaysia (April 3)
China (17 April)
South Korea (24 April)
Spain (15 May)
Monaco (29 May)
Canada (12 June)
Turkey (26 June)
United Kingdom (July 10)
Germany (24 July)
Hungary (July 31)
Belgium (Aug 21)
Europe (28 August)
Italy (11 September)
Singapore (25 September)
India (9 October)
Japan (23 October)
Brazil (30 October)
Abu Dhabi (13 November)
dutch power
NAR administrator

Re: 2011 F1 Season-Provisional

Post by dutch power »

Now the question is wich European tracks will be dropped in the near future, 20 races is a lot and they want to go to Russia to and i dont see USA in the list. :? or is USA for 2012?
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
Craig Cookson
Favorite team: NAR

Post by Craig Cookson »

I'm pretty sure USA is 2012 yes.

There are 4 races in that list which could happily disappear for me. We don't need two Spanish Grand Prix, and neither provide good racing. They should scrap Valencia and fix Barcelona's penultimate corner since they unsuccessfully broke it a few years ago. Please destroy the new Bahrain sector 1... it's like the meaning of life I don't think we'll ever understand it. And while we're at it how about putting back in the gravel traps (on nearly every circuit) which over the past few years have magically transformed into tarmac run-offs the size of a supermarket car park?

On a less serious note are the German and Japan races still alternating circuits each year (Nurburgring + Hockenheim, Fuji and Suzuka)?
ForthRight
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

Not quite sure, i think Suzuka is permanent . Eventhough we have our favorites of tracks that can be left out of this list im afraid that tracks like Monza Spa Hockenheim Nurburgring gonna be on the death list for the comming year. Bernie doesnt give a shit about historic at all, look what they done with the Hockenheim and now there will be a point we not racing there anymore so first messing up a track just to leave there after a few years,... Bernie has a nice excuse though for sure he is a moneu wolve but hey he is owing the F1 circus and if a track doesnt aply with his wishes he simply says i have 10 other country's in the waiting list to host a race. THere is no single track organizer in the F1 that is making profit actualy, it all cost money mostly brought in by the goverment just so they can say we host a F1 race most of the time they just manage to play break even. Im afraid for some popular tracks to getting kicked off the calendar. :(
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
Craig Cookson
Favorite team: NAR

Post by Craig Cookson »

That's a shame about Suzuka... it is a great track of course, but I quite liked Fuji as well.

I agree with everything you say about Bernie, but if we end up with a calendar full of Tilke tracks people will get bored very quickly. They don't exactly provide good racing, unless it rains.

To be honest I think Bernie has passed his sell by date. I'm not denying that he has done a lot of good for the sport (over the years), but I think he is becoming out of touch. For example he said F1 isn't broadcast in high definition because there's "no demand for it". However in a recent official F1 poll 79% of people said they'd like to watch F1 in high definition. So I don't know who Bernie was listening to, apart from himself.
ForthRight
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

Oh i didnt ment that Suzuka is permanent off the list but on the list hehe, FUIJ have said they will not organise any more happend when Toyota pulled out i think. But yeah Bernie is doing what he thinks is best and doesnt give a shit about it. HD is booming not to speak about the upcomming 3D technologies, first 3D tv's are already out and television shows are already broadcasted in 3D.

I still dont understand why they have to go to country's like Korea and India,..... do they even know what racing is in Korea?? :? And tracks like a Silverstone is getting replaced by Donny because it doesnt aply to Bernie's wishes,..... yeah Silverstone that belongs to the tracks that is always having full grand stands,.. Just says something about Bernie that he doesnt give a shit about that. F1 is modernizing and will keep doing that whether we like it or not i guess.
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

manos1212
Favorite team: McLaren
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by manos1212 »

The only circuit I want to stay is Monaco!