Fireworks!!

Public topics not directly related to NAR, for example real F1 racing.
Steve

Fireworks!!

Post by Steve »

I decided to try shooting some fireworks photos last weekend ( our independance day weekend here in the good ole' U S A ) found a turorial on the net, and gave it a shot. Things needed: Tripod, remote or cable release, manual focus to infinity, 8 second exposure, f11. I would say it worked out well !!

And I also scored a "new" old camera on eBay, a 60s model Asahi Pentax S1a, fully manual and mechanical, no batteries or electronics at all, it rocks !!

And a few photos I shot with it on the 4th of July at my friends fathers house.

Playing washers...

Bar b q Pork Ribs, yum yum!!

Little "Old Glory"

Wiffle ball..

Brothers....

I may be slow, but at least I'm consistantly slow !
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Re: Fireworks!!

Post by Bilbo »

Wow, nice job!

Congrats on the new camera too! It's almost surprising that you can still get film for that!
2010 NA div. Admin
Steve

Post by Steve »

Film isn't hard to find, most drug stores still sell it. The cost can be a bit high to get it processed, but Target stores here will process it and scan it to a CD pretty reasonably. I had 2 rolls processed and put on a CD for about $6.50, not TOO bad. I'll still shoot mostly digital, but it's fun to go "old school" with film sometimes.
I may be slow, but at least I'm consistantly slow !
CarlMcDonald
Favorite team: Ferrari
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by CarlMcDonald »

nice sphalt :P
...When the Lamb opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature say, "Come!" I looked, and there before me was a pale horse! Its rider was named Death, and Hades was following close behind him.
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by SteveB »

Those fireworks shots are stunning. :shock: :shock:

WELL DONE!!!!
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

carrera

Post by carrera »

Wow STeve,
After seeing those barbecued ribs I had to take my wife to Boston Pizza.Damn you!!!!!!!
By the way,Great score on the camera and those pics of the fireworks are incredible.
You can post more pics anytime Please....yes I said"please"so now you have to...LOL...
I just watched Spain win the world cup.That will make fernando alonso happy after a shitty race.
Nice to see sebastein Vettel get his ass kicked to.Takes his teamates front wing and his teamate beats
him with an older wing.
Now thats Justice.Vettel is such an asshole anyway.Webber for president.....wuuuu huuuuu
carrera 8) 8) 8)
Quote"Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'NO!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer .The end""