F1 to Texas

Public topics not directly related to NAR, for example real F1 racing.
Coffeemachine

F1 to Texas

Post by Coffeemachine »

haha cool!

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/ ... 10824.html

i especially like the list where they try and bring up how good Austin is ;) !
"Voted “Least Stressful Large Metro” in the United States (Forbes)"
ooook :D

should be nice with a purpose built track, but its somewhat mixed feelings - i would have loved to have a new york race, which would have been quite accessible as well (quite easy to catch a cheap plane over there). I wouldn't dare visit texas i'm afraid :)
[12:19:47]Dropkick: somebody tried to mug me once
[12:19:59]Dropkick: but i was so drunk i did not understand
dutch power
NAR administrator

Re: F1 to Texas

Post by dutch power »

I hold my hart, what the heck has F1 to do in Texas?????? Always hot in the desert ahhh sshh ok i say nothing. I just think that Bernie was eager to have a USA race on the calendar again so tried to push it trough asap it seems. What track we race on,.. ahh ok lets guess Tilke will visit Texas to now, he was in the US anyway for a visit in New York.
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
Craig Cookson
Favorite team: NAR

Post by Craig Cookson »

Yes we don't want another Tilke track.

Is he the only human being qualified to design an F1 circuit or something? Sepang is the only decent track he came up with, and perhaps turn 8 in Istanbul.

Bahrain and China? Shove 'em up your arse Tilkeman. Especially the new Bahrain layout... what an absolute joke. I still haven't stopped laughing at that one.

We should volunteer our services for this.
ForthRight
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Actually, having visited Austin twice (about 15 years ago though, on business), it's actually quite a nice place. People were overall very friendly and most of the city is quite nice. I gotta agree that, compared to New York, yes, it was actually pretty relaxed there (or it would have been if I had not been there on business, a co-op CS student hanging out with top management people).
2010 NA div. Admin
Craig Cookson
Favorite team: NAR

Post by Craig Cookson »

http://blogs.espnf1.com/editor_blog/arc ... oredom.php

Looks like he's been given the job. Again.
ForthRight
timothy harrison

Post by timothy harrison »

I'm just happy that F1 has returned to the US! Texas is a curious choice, it has nice areas, but it is hot as hell! And occasionally has hurricanes and tornado's. I think it would have been awesome to add a grand prix to Laguna Seca. But once again, I'm just happy that the series has returned to the US. Hopefully it will stay for many years. When I was growing up television mostly televised F1 races, particularly Long Beach. These were the days prior to NASCAR being on every 20 seconds.
carrera

Post by carrera »

Hi all,
I agree with the f1 coming back to the United states.
The whole Indianapolis farce screwed everything up for diehard f1 fans in the United states which was very disappointing.
Somehow I almost think the FIA just didn't care if it was in the states or not.
As for Michelin?...Glad they are out....and the Texas track looks cool as well.
I hope they stay there for quite some time and we get back to 2 races in North America once again.
I stlll remember Ayrton Senna driving in Phoenix.Now those were the good old days.
Gone but not forgotten.
Congrats Texas...You deserve this...Now if they time it right ...they may not have a hurricane happening at the same time as the race.
Although it would be cool to watch a 120 mile and hour wind flip a f1 car...LOL.....
carrera 8) 8) 8)
Quote"Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'NO!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer .The end""
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

carrera wrote:and the Texas track looks cool as well.
I'd like to know how you can say that before the plans for the track are drawn (unless I missed some news). Are you confusing the future Austin track with the "Monticello Motor Club" track that was considered before Uncle Bernie decided to go to Austin? :wink:
2010 NA div. Admin