Wheels and pedals

Public topics not directly related to NAR, for example real F1 racing.
sirsmokealot

Wheels and pedals

Post by sirsmokealot »

:D what is the best set of wheel and pedals on market.... :?:
and if u have some links i would like to see them :P :wink: :roll:

Post by Guest »

Hi sir :D
Just seen your post
All I can tell to maybe help you is that I have Microsoft Force Feedback and some problems going with it too.
Specially with the pedals as there are two torsion springs in it which are not strong enough for my BIG feets.I have broken one and DONDON has broken two in two weeks only.
The wheel has not the precision required too for me.

Hope it could help you a little

FAIR PLAY FOR ALL
T.Karlsson

Wheel and Pedal

Post by T.Karlsson »

Hi Sir

l ll hope this will help :wink:
l think this is the best wheels and pedals

http://www.interactiveracing.com
The Use Of Brakes Is a Sign Of Fear
Lavvy

Post by Lavvy »

I use thrustmaster FFB ferrari wheel....was top of their range a year ago when i bought it....now its pretty cheap to buy...but i have used it a lot in the year and had no problems!!
Lifes a bitch, then you marry one.
Akis

Post by Akis »

Hiya sirsmokealot..

I will just put my 2 cent in it..I think that one of the best wheels nowdays..would have to be Logitech Momo Force..It's a really heavy wheel,thick enough to feel that you have a wheel holding in your hands..
Also what makes it more realistic is the butterfly shifters..they are made of aluminium..whick makes it more realistic..rather than plastic..

It has 6 buttons on the steering wheel...and one of the six buttons can be converted and be used as a shifter which gives each button another function..so you get 11(+1 shifter) buttons ON your steering wheel..and lots of things accesible without taking your hands off the steering wheel.It comes really handy in the race to adjust your brake bias,pit stop,fueling,wings..

About its pedals,they are quite good in the sense that there is a reasonable good gap in between the gas pedal and the break pedal.ALSO very important there is a foot rest next to the break pedal(I consider this very important).The pedal base is big and heavy and does't move around under your feet.

Last but not least is that the wheel is wrapped with real leather
Never wake me up while I am driving...
MJC540

Post by MJC540 »

:) Hiya Sir...
http://www.thomas-superwheel.com...see what you think...I've got a a modified with top of the line potentiometers TWS2...It's great, however, I have been having problem's with phantom shifts for some time now...from 6th to 1 or worse reverse or vic versa...I have contacted them about it, they tell me it's a short in the wiring and a worn switch, I'm sending it back tomorrow for free warranty service and they will have it back to me before weeks end...What will I do with out a wheel for 3 to 4 days?????????aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh :shock: :( lol
I have had it for over a year and a half now...very durable...
c u on track m8
8)
MJC540

Post by MJC540 »

hey...just got it back yesterday...but got in late...
well...it's awesome...they upgrated my electronics and even my desk mount under warranty!!!...turns out...it was a faulty switch and needed maintinace after many hours of pleasure over 1 1/2 yrs...anyway...they really took care of me...had it UPS'd to them Monday and back Thursday evening...i paid for express shipping or elese it would have been free...no guarantee for Friday of worse yet weekend lol
its great ...big differance in the feel in 1 1/2 yr's....I'm sure the new potentiometers really did the trick...
They may be expensive at first...but race the way we do and the cheap ones don't last....been there done that...can't beat the warranty... ;-}
aawil

Post by aawil »

I have the momo force as well. I really found that I don't like the FF in f12002 I find that interferes with me controlling the car. But it's alot more precise then my previous $40.00 wheel :)
LGL

wheel

Post by LGL »

Hi sir
just went over to TKs and tryed hes new wheel and pedals (BRD)
that stuff is the best i ever have tryed ,cost a lot thouge but i think its
worth every penny, im using momo force and im into my 2 for only
10 month
next wheel im gonna buy is BRD no question :D
Alx

Post by Alx »

Aawil...the force feedback can be set very precisely with some patches to the game. Otherwise you can do it in the textfiles in the catalog.
I changed mine when I was using the MOMO.

I have the BRD kit and the pedals are mega, personally I am not to sure about the steering wheel.
I liked the momo better. I need the FF.

Dont get me wrong the BRD wheel is very precise, but it doesnt have FF.
a little bit sideways is always quicker
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

one week ago i broke my wheel 2 days before Canada grand prix :( :(
that costet me at least 1 sec per lap now i have this baby

I must say that the braking was in the beginning hard for me but now im used to it the pedals are realy stiff and i dont think i can wrecked those pedals. Andwhat shal i say about the steer its just great feels good :twisted: see ftl europe gp to see what i did with this steer.

Greetz dp[/url]
Alx

Post by Alx »

Damn DP! I bought one of those but I had to send it back! Didnt work with my computer...the game got very jerkey when I used it. ????

Also there was not full brakes and it was very big dead zone in the steering! Ha!

Now I use the best...BRD. Or its supposed to be the best. Pedals are very good, but the steering I dont like. No Force Feedback and very poor feel. I dont recommend the steering, but I think you can hook the pedals up with any FF wheel.
a little bit sideways is always quicker
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

Nope here it works well

the brake problem i had it to but i fixed it myself its working well now.
No problems with steering.

Greetz dp