Preview of the Logitech G27

Public topics not directly related to NAR, for example real F1 racing.
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Preview of the Logitech G27

Post by Bilbo »

Logitech G27 Racing Controller
A SimHQ exclusive on the just-announced product

http://www.simhq.com/_technology2/technology_153a.html

This is probably of interest to anyone thinking about replacing their wheel in the coming weeks/months. The article goes in pretty good detail about the differences between the new Logitech G27 and the current G25.
2010 NA div. Admin
carrera

Re: Preview of the Logitech G27

Post by carrera »

Hi guys,
I have to put my 2 cents in about the G27.Number one.I don't see the point of putting those pin acuators behind the paddle shifter.Whether they put them inside the hub of the wheel hidden"and hidden from dust and crap",or they put them on the outside,well I don't think it makes any difference.6 buttons on the wheel makes me happy but losing the sequential shifter does not.I use the sequential shifter even in formula 1.push it forward and it is the neutral button.Pull back and it is launch control.I also use it for rally racing.Well.I see no real reason for going to a G27 except for maybe replacing a terminally ill G25,and the g25 is built like a tank so................
carrera 8) 8) 8)
Quote"Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'NO!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer .The end""
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Re: Preview of the Logitech G27

Post by Bilbo »

Same here, I wouldn't trade my G25 for a G27 unless I had some problems with it because it's not a big enough difference IMO. That said, for people with old wheels (I'm looking at you old MOMOs) and looking to get a new one, chances are they'd prefer the G27 over the G25 if only for the extra buttons.

I find it funny that we have the same use for the shifter (with the exception that I set mine to Neutral and Look Behind as I have LC on the keyboard because I use it only once per race). 8)
2010 NA div. Admin