Rosberg wins again! Analysis here!

Public topics not directly related to NAR, for example real F1 racing.
Dan Rasmusson

Rosberg wins again! Analysis here!

Post by Dan Rasmusson »

Practice 2 gave us some changes but Williams and Brawn GP remained consistent at the top.
The top three consisted of Rosberg followed by Barrichello and Trulli. Three different teams using the much talked about diffusers. I personally think it could be well over a second boost in the new diffusers and I hope it will remain legal since the other teams could catch up a few races later.

Mclaren looked very poor and so did Ferrari, however don't take note of Ferrari as it looked like they were doing endurance testing. We heard Hamilton complaining alot of times about the downforce and grip in the car calling it "worthless". Red Bull are looking pretty strong with 4th (Webber) and 8th (Vettel). They seem to have gotten back some of the lacking grip they needed. Vettel ran off again in testing and this time lost the last 30 minutes of testing due to running into the grass before corner 4. (which he did repeatedly)

Here's a list of the Surprises at the end of the day.

Good

Diffusers power. The diffusers seem to help Brawn GP, Toyota and Williams alot and I think it won't be many racers until the other teams will try to adapt and improve their car the same.

Force India. Force India seems alot more aggressive and willing to try different things. Their partnership with Mclaren seems to be paying off.

Even field. The field at this practice was very even with alot of new cars at the top which is positive to see.

Bad

Renault. Renault doesn't seem to be able to cut it today ending up pretty much at the bottom of both testings not counting STR, however Toro Rosso isn't a big money team and there always has to be a team on the bottom.

Mclaren. Mclaren has also not adapted very well and to quote Hamilton himself the car is "worthless". They need to do something fast if they want to be in contention for the title at the end of the year.

Sebastian Vettel. Doing the same mistake of driving out the grass BEFORE a corner three times in a row is a GP2 mistake. A huge driver error made by him and even the commentators were shocked by him continually doing the same mistake which eventually made him miss the last 30 minutes of the second practice as well. Personally I think that Yuji Ide has stolen Vettel's vest and driven for him today. =)

Best wishes,
Dan Rasmusson.
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

Re: Rosberg wins again! Analysis here!

Post by Flow »

Dan Rasmusson wrote:Personally I think that Yuji Ide has stolen Vettel's vest and driven for him today. =)
:lol: :lol: :lol:
NAR.F1 driver
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by SteveB »

WOW what a shocker this is.
It is great to see a nice mix to the top teams now but it is sad to see the big boys falling behind.

Like Dan said I am sure those teams will quickly adapt to the diffuser design within the next couple of races the only downfall is that there is no
testing allowed during the season.
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Thanks for the detailed report! 8)
2010 NA div. Admin