PLEASE, DONT DRINK & DIVE

Public topics not directly related to NAR, for example real F1 racing.
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

PLEASE, DONT DRINK & DIVE

Post by Flow »

We cant say it enough. I didnt post it sooner, cause i was not in the mood, and after i forgot about it.

Last summer, i had friends that went on road with their car, just to try the new car of another friend. But the thing is that all 3 were badly drunk. Result : 2 dead, and 1 that had alot to do to get a normal life after. You can see the picture on the PDF join here, but WATCH OUT, PICTURE MAY BE HARD FOR SOME TO WATCH. If you are used to take your car drunk, then take a look at those picture, and think twice.

I was with them 2 days before the accident, playing poker and having fun. And sudenly, you wake up and watch the news, and you cant beleive what is happening.

DONT BE STUPID! DONT DRINK & DRIVE!!!

These picture may be hard to see : http://akro.ca/nar/StPhillipe.pdf
Last edited by Flow on 12 Feb 2009, 16:09, edited 1 time in total.
NAR.F1 driver
Steve

Re: PLEASE, DONT DRINK & DIVER

Post by Steve »

Really sorry to hear that Flow, I have been guilty in the past of driving when I shouldn't have. But it has been a LONG time since I did anything like that. My brother was hit head on by a drunk driver about 15 years ago, two of his friends died, and my brother was badly hurt.
I may be slow, but at least I'm consistantly slow !
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

I lost an uncle and almost an aunt to a drunk semi-truck driver who decided red lights were not meant for him and hit them on their motorbike. My uncle just had time to see the truck not stopping from the corner of his eyes and threw my aunt off the bike at the last minute. He died the night after the accident after being amputated of both legs and my aunt is lucky to both be alive and still walking, although under permanent pain and a major limp, not counting having to undergo surgery every few years and still knowing she will end up in a wheelchair in the not very distant future unless new medical techniques or technologies come around soon to help fix her legs as every current/past surgery takes away some of the remaining "good bits" and they're running out of "material" to attach the rods and plates and everything to.

As fate would have it, the same kind of accident (same circumstances, different place) happened about a year later to a coworker of mine and her friend but they luckily both survived but she still had to undergo an almost year-long readaptation program to be able to walk again.
2010 NA div. Admin
Ruben Miranda
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by Ruben Miranda »

Hello
Truly sorry to here this Flow
It is one thing to lose Famliy or Friends under (If I may say) Illness or other.
But when it comes to to losing Friends or Famliy under just plain stupid actions make it even that much harder to accept/understand.

I like Steve in another life did the wrong thing but I/we grew up and learned by seeing what could happen.
It is sad that others even thow they know and see this everyday they continue to do it and take the lives of the innocent.

Again my Condolences for your loss
Hitman
I might not be fast, But I am ahead of you.
Ruben Hitman Miranda

Post by Avatar »

I couldn't agree more with this thread - alcohol and driving should never go together.

I'm really sorry to hear you lost friends because of this Flow.

My dad was actually banned from driving for a year because he was caught driving whilst drunk. :( Luckily he wasn't involved in any accident, but that doesn't make it okay.
dutch power
NAR administrator

Re: PLEASE, DONT DRINK & DIVE

Post by dutch power »

What a story's man, my condoleances to those who lost family and friends by these accidents.

Luckily something like this has never happend in my family or friends circle and i hope it will never happen. Something happend me to wich have had a big impact on my life though. About 10 years ago i had a stupid accident at school wich costed me visibility on my left eye for about 80% so basicily im blind on one eye (having had 3 surgeries on my eye). I still managed to get the driver license having it now for about 7 years, never had a accident and still damage free (knock it off) :) . Anyway since my accident i always think twice before i do something same with driving , from the begin i had my license i always wear seatbelts and never drink if i have to drive and i dont even think about showing off when having passengers onboard. That accident made me verry cautious, still i know that even living like this it doesn't mean that nothing can happen to me in the future.

My brother drove his car against a tree and skidded of into a ditch, well it happend at low speed so they all walked away. But you know i was verry angry at him because he was driving with 2 cars one from a nephew of me and he had his girlfriend and another passenger with him. So i let him know that he was a dickhead risking others lifes, i also told him i would never forgive him if he let something happen to him or his passengers if he had to drive. Well since that happend wich have been about 2,5 years ago he has become pretty normal when driving. I think young people easily tend they can handle everything on the road specialy when they have the license verry short.

Still i do realise that everything can change within a blink of a eye, and i hope others do so to. :!:
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)