NHL all stars 2009

Public topics not directly related to NAR, for example real F1 racing.
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

NHL all stars 2009

Post by Flow »

Any of you watching the NHL AllStars game? It is more a "fun" event.

Alex Ovechkin won the Scotiabank NHL Fan Fav Breakaway competition.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=il9lZOGp3Z0

Zdeno Chara's record 105.4-mph blast wins Cisco NHL Hardest Shot competition.
Height: 6' 9", and give 4 more inches with ice skate, Weight: 255. Now imagine you as a goaler and receving a 105mph froozen ruber puck shot at you! :?

For the tonights game, Est Vs West division. It is not same hockey as we are use to, they try to avoid injury and bad contact, cause player can scew their actual season only for a fun event...
NAR.F1 driver
Steve

Re: NHL all stars 2009

Post by Steve »

There is only 1 Saint Louis Blues player on the team, but i will probably watch it anyway, Kieth Tkachuk is our guy.... We had two players on the young stars rookie team, a guy from Sweden named Bergland, and an American named T J Oshie, both seem to be pretty good young players...
I may be slow, but at least I'm consistantly slow !
Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

thx for that :) i almost forgot.

saw someting in the papers of lidström getting a one game suspension for not showing up since he was injured and went to the other side of the atlantic instead. :P though luck!
[12:19:47]Dropkick: somebody tried to mug me once
[12:19:59]Dropkick: but i was so drunk i did not understand
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Yeah, some player dont want to play to those game afraid of beeing injured. But no physic contact, in fact, no penality up to now and the 3rd is going on. So to make shure that a player dont lie and mist the game calling him injured, he must not play the season game before or after the All Star game, to prove that he is realy injured... I think it is a fair rule, and all player are Ok with that rule. Crosby show up to the game, but didnt play, that action alowed him to not mist the game after the All Star game.
NAR.F1 driver
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Lidstrom and Datsyuk were suspended for not attending the All-star game. League rules regarding the All-star games are that you can miss it IF you miss the last game before OR the game after the all-star game. If you don't miss the last game before and you decide to not attend the all-star game, then you CAN'T play the game after that. They call it a suspension but it is only an "administrative" suspension with no other consequence than giving the player an extra day off (they still get paid and it does NOT show as a suspension in their records). There were ways around the suspension too, Sidney Crosby worked around the suspension by attending ALL off-ice events (press conferences, autograph sessions, etc.) around the all-star game to show some good will and that he probably would have played if he safely could.

The league had to do that rule to stem the wave of players that were invited to the all-star game but prefered to have a nice vacation to Florida with their family instead. Especially this season with the game in Montreal and this weekend's temperatures being around -20C (-30C with wind chill). I'd choose Florida too if I had the opportunity! :wink:
2010 NA div. Admin
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

thanks, more clear :D
NAR.F1 driver