newest changes lol

Public topics not directly related to NAR, for example real F1 racing.
Dropkick

newest changes lol

Post by Dropkick »

well more changes have ben anounced , personally i am glad tha refueling will be outlawed in 2010 , i wish they could do it this year!

http://www.itv-f1.com/news_article.aspx?id=44767
insert funny comment here please
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Re: newest changes lol

Post by Bilbo »

Well, how will Ferrari arrange their finish order now ? Oh, right, there will still be stops for tyre change... :lol: :wink:
2010 NA div. Admin
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Flow »

Renault received the autorization to change their engine. The unfrezze permission to change the engine to fits more the power of the lead team. The engine rule was causing Renault to be .5 sec slower, only cause they coundt change anythin on the engine. Hope that they wont only be faster on paper, but realy faster on track, to make race even more tighter between team.
NAR.F1 driver
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Well, this is not really related to the "newest changes" because it probably confirms some things many have suspected in the past, but I found the following interesting:
f1-live.com wrote:In The Times newspaper, Ecclestone angrily fired back that di Montezemolo should keep quiet about commercial income.

"The only thing he has not mentioned is the extra money Ferrari get above all the other teams and all the extra things Ferrari have had for years - the 'general help' they are considered to have had in Formula One," he blasted.

"Ferrari get so much more money than everyone else," Ecclestone continued. "They know exactly what they get, they are not that stupid, although they are not that bright, either. They get about $80 million more. When they win the constructors' championship, which they did this year, they got $80 million more than if McLaren had won it."

Ecclestone said the special deal with Ferrari was agreed amid the 'breakaway' threat of a few years ago.

"That's where the $80 million comes in. We 'bought' Ferrari," he explained.

"We 'bought' Ferrari's loyalty. Our deal with Ferrari was that we 'bought' them so they would not go to the others."
Original article: http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/n ... 3528.shtml

Uhh...."General help" anyone ? :roll:
2010 NA div. Admin
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

Does make sence isnt it, seems like those 8 championships in row for ferrari are all just simple bought. How in earth can you justify something like that to the other teams,.. friking 80 mil and other teams having to quite,.. wtf :? Also makes sence about all the recent decisions being taken wich you can put doubts at.

Im done with F1 and i dont realy care anymore about what they do. If race is good to watch i watch it, if it gets boring i just switch channel thats it there is more then only F1 :mrgreen:
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
Steve

Post by Steve »

I would imagine keeping Ferrari is very important to the series. If Ferrari left, you know interest would drop, what bigger name is there in international racing than Ferrari? I am not saying "paying them to stay" is right, BUT I would say it was a good financial decision..
I may be slow, but at least I'm consistantly slow !
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by SteveB »

Steve wrote:I would imagine keeping Ferrari is very important to the series. If Ferrari left, you know interest would drop, what bigger name is there in international racing than Ferrari? I am not saying "paying them to stay" is right, BUT I would say it was a good financial decision..
I agree 100%

Putting aside all your personal opinions if FERRARI ever left F1 the sport would indeed DIE...... and thats the reality.
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

I'm not so much reacting to the money side of things (although in today's context it could be seen as an increasingly unfair advantage for Ferrari) as to the "general help" that is hinted at... Money is one thing but PLEASE keep the sport itself fair!

As far as F1 dying without Ferrari, the WRC will go on without Subaru, and around here (admittedly without much WRC exposure) Subaru and WRC were almost synonymous. Sure it would not be in F1's interest (like WRC) but it would survive. There would just be much less "entertainment" around F1 because, you know, where would the flagrant team orders come from, who would be spied upon and even sabotaged, who would the FIA favor in their rule interpretations ? :wink: (yeah, I'm pushing things just a little bit here!) :P
2010 NA div. Admin
Ruben Miranda

Post by Ruben Miranda »

Hello Gents
And Marry Christmas to you all.

This is indeed intrusteen as it were.
Sounds like the other teams accepted the extra for Ferrari because they know that Ferrari brings in the big dollars to the sport.

I would hope that the others things would not be happening as to make sure Ferrari wins.
But I do see and feel that they have made decision to keep the final points and races closer and keep the intrust.
Not great from our point of view but is is pure business and money.
As it is everywhere in the world unfortunately.

I am not saying it is right
But that is just the way it is.

Hitman 8)
I might not be fast, But I am ahead of you.
Ruben Hitman Miranda
SteveB
NAR administrator

Post by SteveB »

Merry Christmas to you too Hitman and to your family also to ALL NAR brothers and their families.

Great to see you again Hitman and I agree.....of course being a FERRARI FREAK for 30+ years it does bother me that people think that F1 is focused on keeping FERRARI on top, maybe they do but IMO FERRARI'S HUGE budget that keeps them in the sport and at the level they try to maintain.

There have been many years when FERRARI SUCKED (Senna years) I didn't hear or read that FERRARI was being favoured then nor was anyone complaining, it has just been in the past couple of years since the FOTA was born that has BERNIE shaking in his million dollar boots. :)

Also IMO the added 80 million dollars given to FERRARI for winning the constructors championship is because BERNIE dam well knows that if FERRARI pulls out of F1 ALL the other teams will soon follow thus pulling the plug on BERNIE'S money making machine (not that he needs it being in the top 10 billionares of the world)and the FOTA would be in FULL force.

Face it...when FERRARI had a string of fantastic years they were on top of their game and had an extremely talented driver with Shumacher (even though I disliked him)who proved he was talented when he was with Benneton.

These are my opoinions of course :D

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL :D
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Steve B wrote:Great to see you again Hitman and I agree.....of course being a FERRARI FREAK for 30+ years it does bother me that people think that F1 is focused on keeping FERRARI on top, maybe they do but IMO FERRARI'S HUGE budget that keeps them in the sport and at the level they try to maintain.
Well, read the article I linked to. It's not just hearsay, it's straight from Uncle Bernie (now, what THAT is worth is left as an exercise to the reader :wink: ) who said they "bought" Ferrari's presence in F1. Fact, not opinion, as much as we like it or not. I don't think anybody is arguing against the fact that Ferrari have done their homework to become repeat champions. It's just that, in addition to their own effort, they had EXTERNAL forces going for them too! :P
There have been many years when FERRARI SUCKED (Senna years) I didn't hear or read that FERRARI was being favoured then nor was anyone complaining, it has just been in the past couple of years since the FOTA was born that has BERNIE shaking in his million dollar boots. :)
I couldn't comment very much on the Ferrari-sucking years because I "came" to F1 post-Senna (in the MS/JV beginnings) and Ferrari has never really sucked much since then (even when they did not actually win they were still doing well) but it's clear Ferrari sold their soul to Uncle Bernie a few years ago when the manufacturers threatened to start their own series.
Also IMO the added 80 million dollars given to FERRARI for winning the constructors championship is because BERNIE dam well knows that if FERRARI pulls out of F1 ALL the other teams will soon follow thus pulling the plug on BERNIE'S money making machine (not that he needs it being in the top 10 billionares of the world)and the FOTA would be in FULL force.
Uhhh, it's not Uncle Bernie's toy anymore since a few years ago. F1 was bought by CVC and they retained everyone's favorite Uncle Bernie as manager only (instead of big part owner as he was before he sold his soul to CVC). So, basically, he can piss everyone off and get away with it as long as he still brings money to CVC who don't care about the sport as far as I can tell, it's just an "investment vehicle" for them.
Face it...when FERRARI had a string of fantastic years they were on top of their game and had an extremely talented driver with Shumacher (even though I disliked him)who proved he was talented when he was with Benneton.
I fail to see why you bring this here as I don't think anybody will argue this point. Although (playing the devil's advocate :twisted: ) MS, with all the respect he deserves, always had very dedicated 2nd drivers helping him (with Eddie Irvine probably being the best ever at this job). Actually, it's kinda funny how the same situation with Ferrari also applies to MS: they both were on top of their game but kinda lost some respect (for lack of a better way of phrasing this) in the process for getting help they probably would not have needed anyways...
These are my opoinions of course :D
That's okay, we forgive you... :twisted: :wink:
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL :D
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU TOO AND EVERYBODY ELSE AND YOUR FAMILIES AND PETS AND ALL

And it's nice to see you around, Hitman! 8)
2010 NA div. Admin
SteveB
NAR administrator

Post by SteveB »

Well we all have our own opinions.

....FACT we don't know what actually happens behind closed doors.

They didn't buy FERRARI'S presence as from the horse's mouth they bought their loyalty, if that isn't a sign of worry than I don't know what is.

QUOTE:
"We 'bought' Ferrari's loyalty. Our deal with Ferrari was that we 'bought' them so they would not go to the others."

I fail to see why you bring this here as I don't think anybody will argue this point.
Because that's what started all this BS in the first place
Last edited by SteveB on 21 Dec 2008, 06:51, edited 1 time in total.
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Steve

Post by Steve »

I have a question for you Steverino.,...Where the hell does Ferrari get all of their money? They don't sell very many cars, maybe a few thousand a year? And i know they are expensive, but Toyota probably makes more money in a week than Ferrari does in a year..Yet Toyota has done NOTHING in F1, kinda strange, isn't it? I guess Ferrari just has better, and more dedicated engineers, mechanics, etc.. eh? By the way, I am one of the few Ferrari fans in our league, hehe, i like the fact that their cars are THEIR cars, not a compilation of parts from here and there...
I may be slow, but at least I'm consistantly slow !
SteveB
NAR administrator

Post by SteveB »

Steve wrote:I guess Ferrari just has better, and more dedicated engineers, mechanics, etc.. eh?
YOU SAID IT :)

With the budget TOYOTA has they should have been a hell of a lot better than they have been but their car has never been on pace with the top teams so what could have helped them, force the other teams go slower???
Last edited by SteveB on 21 Dec 2008, 06:59, edited 1 time in total.
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Im not a Ferrari fan, but Ferrari is in racing since more year than majority of team, they put alot of money in it since before any member of NAR was born. Good or bad, they are part of racing history.
NAR.F1 driver
Ruben Miranda

Post by Ruben Miranda »

Hello and to all Marry marry :lol:

I agree 100% on all of the above.
I might be wrong on this but is there not a spending cap now.
I mean even if you have $100.500000000000000000000 dollars you can only spend so much any way.

One thing is clear Ferrari new thru Intelligent and experience that they not only needed to spend on the car but needed the Drivers and pit crews and Engineers to be the best.
That is the reason that when they where doing bad they still did good.
I think 06 when they had a terrible year (For Ferrari standards) and had a bad car. They still had MS that brought them points almost every race. Thats what experience and all around smarts brings you.

Toyota has or had a big budget to worh with but the guys around it just don't have the experience to get it done. MHO

It is good to cu everyone it has been to long.

Hitman
I might not be fast, But I am ahead of you.
Ruben Hitman Miranda
scuderiafn

Post by scuderiafn »

They started paying Ferrari in 2003 I think, but they still won in 1999, 2000, 2001 and 2002. That shows there's more to it than money, it's about the engineering aswell. Still with the extra money, they had an awful 2005, and didn't win a championship in 2006 and nearly didn't win in 2007 either. I'm not saying it's right that they get more money, it's unfair, but to be a successful team you need more than money, like you guys said about Toyota, and even Honda for that matter.

What I want to know is if the OTHER teams were aware of the money Ferrari recieved? IF they were, why didn't they go nuts about it?
NAR Euro Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro # 5
Cue-bitzer hit Bådää into T1, causing Fart-in-Source to get by!
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

scuderiafn wrote:What I want to know is if the OTHER teams were aware of the money Ferrari recieved? IF they were, why didn't they go nuts about it?
I think that it has somthing to do with the Concorde accord? Something like that , you know when Constructor want to start the side F1 series without Bernie? Ferrari sing that accord and ask money to sign it. They got the jackpot, and then the other team folowed, and had less than others when they decide to not start a side series. Maybe someone else can be more precise about it, but in resume, i think it comes from there.
NAR.F1 driver