FIA wants 1 unique engine/transmission for all team !!!

Public topics not directly related to NAR, for example real F1 racing.
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

FIA wants 1 unique engine/transmission for all team !!!

Post by Flow »

FIA wants to find a engine and transmisison provider for all team from 2010. Just like they did with tire. Ferrari said «No way» Ferrari said they are in F1 since 1950 and the chalenge of building engine is the reason why they are in F1. If all care are equal, they dont want to participe in any race. :? Ferrari is out of F1 is FIA do that. But Ferrari is ready accept other solution to reduce cost, but not whit this rule.
NAR.F1 driver
Coffeemachine

Re: FIA wants 1 unique engine/transmission for all team !!!

Post by Coffeemachine »

:) hehe afraid to lose their advangate :)

nah seriously, im with them on this one, f1 should be about building an own car - hope they'll find other measures to reduce costs
[12:19:47]Dropkick: somebody tried to mug me once
[12:19:59]Dropkick: but i was so drunk i did not understand
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

I believe someone is forgetting the "motor" in MOTORsports. I think it's dumb to try to get the big car makers into F1 only to have them not "make" their car but maybe it's only me... :roll:

There are enough "standard-parts" series in the "lower" (for lack of a better term) racing series (even at some top ones), please leave technology alone (rule-wise) at the F1 level! I mean, if each team isn't responsible enough to spend within what it can afford, then it does deserve to "die", IMO. I'm also in favor of client engines and "customer" cars so the private teams can bring some "affordable" competition to the bigger teams. That would be better, I think, than forcing small teams to do everything on their own and have to spend relatively big amounts of $$$ only to end up running 5 seconds behind everyone, be the laughingstock of the paddocks then quitting. F1 needs as many cars on the grid, having only a dozen cars at the start of races would become even more boring than it sometimes is (well, it's been less boring this season overall than some recent seasons but it still happens).
2010 NA div. Admin
Steve

Post by Steve »

I'm with you on this one Bilbo, the MAIN reason I like F1 is because it is the pinnacle of motorsport. The fastest, and most advanced cars in racing. I don't want to watch another "all cars are the same" series. There are enough of those already....
I may be slow, but at least I'm consistantly slow !
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by SteveB »

Couldn't have said it any better Bilbo and Steve. :D :D
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Max Römer

Post by Max Römer »

If the FIA do that
want i watch the races
Max Römer
Red Bull
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

If they push it trough it will mean the end of F1 i think. I think the FIA are just dumb nuts. They think they can control the costs by introducing stock engines and such. THey forget one thing, teams have the money so they will spend it no matter what. :D It are a bunch of hypocriets, on one side they agree that cost has to be reduced but it are those same teams still spending up to 200- 300- 400 mil per year lol :? WHat do you think all the high tech computers and simulation will cost?? Money in F1 cant be controled or being reduced, teams will spend it no matter what. If they can not spend there 100 mil on developing a engine troughout a year they will spend that money even more on other things like windtunnel or simulation or whatever. At least thats how i see it.

F1 is slowly going dead :(
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
Dropkick

Post by Dropkick »

the thing that makes me laugh is the fact that they go on about saving money all the time concerning the cars/teams at the same time bernie stuffs his pockets with more and more money provided by circuits added to the schedule by government sponsored tilke tracks

surely if we want good racing then we need good exciting tracks ie the older european and north american ones for them to race on!!!!!!
insert funny comment here please
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by SteveB »

I agree DK.
Some of that money that is paid by the tracks to BERNIE MONEY BUCKS should go for team development for money deprived teams.
That should help keep those teams in F1 longer and MAYBE...just MAYBE....be more competetive.

I think BERNIE wants to be in the top 5 BILLIONAIRES club.

ASS WIPE is what he is !!!!!
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN