NO MORE F1 IN AMERICA!!!

Public topics not directly related to NAR, for example real F1 racing.
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

Re: NO MORE F1 IN AMERICA!!!

Post by Flow »

Any of you know George Gillett? He is the owner of our NHL Montreal hockey team here, owner of the Bell Center where they play. He jump in Nascar 1-2 years ago when he bought a Nascar team with a partner. He is also (unless it changes recently) half owner of the Manchester European Soccer team.

As for F1 Canada GP, he said publicly that he is interested to do is part to save the Montreal F1 GP. He have alot of money and he is spending alot in sport, for the fun of it. Lets hope that Bernie wont abuse of our Canadian good intention and discuss fairly to alow the GP tradition to continue here.
NAR.F1 driver
Max Römer

Post by Max Römer »

I found a picture how the F1 cars 2009 look

Last edited by Max Römer on 19 Oct 2008, 11:46, edited 1 time in total.
Max Römer
Red Bull
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

I found these test pircutre car of McLaren and the 1st preliminary version of Honda 09 car, will it stay like that, we dont know. The rear wing is lighter in both picture, notice the McLaren one. They seem to still have little add wing and i tought that it was no more possible to have other than a front and a back wing, all other little wing adon are not suppose to exist.
Attachments
2389105655_31c9488b4c.jpg
2389105655_31c9488b4c.jpg (113.05 KiB) Viewed 7136 times
2009-mclaren-f1.jpg
2009-mclaren-f1.jpg (21.16 KiB) Viewed 7137 times
NAR.F1 driver
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Our Provincial gouvernment said at end of week that they will help to save F1 here on the same way Bernie act with F1, business. F1 is a thing of Business, and only if Quebec citizen can take advantage of the economical profit that comes with the F1, then they will inject money to save it. The amount of money injected to save F1 needs to come back on the same amount of benefit to commercial activities around F1.

Just like in business, if you dont make profit, then why run a business...
NAR.F1 driver
Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

i read that bearnie is gonna start paying out all the sponsorship money to the teams, or rather 80% instead of 50%...a line in the cost reducing actions. And frankly i think they have too, otherwise the sport will die... imagine loosing renault and a few more! getting tough for the teams to convince the companies to spend all those millions in these financial chrisis times...
[12:19:47]Dropkick: somebody tried to mug me once
[12:19:59]Dropkick: but i was so drunk i did not understand
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

That is why bernie want twice more money for a GP, he wont loose almost nothing
NAR.F1 driver
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by SteveB »

BERNIE = A MONEY SUCKING MACHINE!!!
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by SteveB »

While watching the pre race today on TSN they said that Bernie AKA "MONEY BAGS" called the boys in Montreal saying that they will do what they can to save the Canadian GP.

I guess time will tell.
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Lol, on local news, Berni said to one that its over with Montreal, and to another he said that it was still possible. We can see is 2 faces... :lol:
NAR.F1 driver
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

I just see at the news that Guy Laliberté, the founder of «Cirque du Soleil», is interested to check how he can save the GP of Canada. Its fun to have alot of money!!!
NAR.F1 driver
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

The meeting with Bernie is schedule for Thursday, it will be in Great-Britain. Hope to have more news after the reunion. F1 Teams are even ready to help to make shure they will still be an F1 race in North America.
NAR.F1 driver
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Saving Canada GP is still possible, the decision is on Canada side now, Bernie told how mutch and what he wants. If request are not filled, then no GP. We could resume his request like this : BRING ME THE MONEY!

On his office desk, he have a bronze scupture of 2 hands shaking themselve and onther on of a pile of an American money tickets... pfff, no comments!
NAR.F1 driver
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Bernie have an offer on the table. Governments + Hotel of montreal wanted to put a 3-4% taxes that would go to the GP event.
NAR.F1 driver
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Well, it's over now for Canada. A press conference is scheduled in Montreal this afternoon to announce the bad news. :(
2010 NA div. Admin
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Seem that it is not possible to make profit of the event, so they will drop it. Cant get enough money into Bernie pocket.
NAR.F1 driver
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Bernie wants from Canada $173 500 000,00 for 5 years to hold a GP in Canada + 100% garanty from goverment or bank that will pay if the event cant bring the full money. So if the GP event woundt make money, Bernie still makes his 100% profit + FOAL wanted the profit of all Corporate seats that would gives him extra $20 000 000,00.

Our Goverment offer was $110 500 000,00 for 5 years + $10 000 000,00 in investement. But the problem is that Bernie was not negociating.

We can resume it like this : Bernie a$k, bring it or get lost.
NAR.F1 driver
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

Bernie can get lost with his own circus. Its just a matter of time till people walk away from F1 wich is happening already. Also with the new starwars cars, they look plane ugly. I hope more GPs will not extend there contract like china is planning and france has done. Mayby bernie will start to realize that he is slowly killing F1 I personaly dont realy botter anymore about it lol. I have more fun in watching old races from 80s and 90s :) the good old times. Comerce rules these days wich stinks. :evil:
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

The problem when old people like Bernie that runs business, he seem to dont realy care about after him...
NAR.F1 driver
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

O yeah just to make it worse, i just got trough some rumours that next year the driver with the most victory's will become champion because they gonna start working witha medal system. So only top3 finishers will be awarded in the driver championship. :? Not sure what to think about that though.

I think they gonne crazy now but ok. :lol:
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Yes Dutch, Bernies idea :

ECCLESTONE PROPOSES OLYMPIC-STYLE MEDAL SYSTEM
Formula One boss Bernie Ecclestone says next year's race winners will get gold medals instead of points. Ecclestone has been pushing forth a plan which would see the current points system dropped in favour of an Olympic-style gold-silver-bronze format at 2009 Formula One races. The idea is that the driver at the end of the year with the most gold medals, ie race wins, would then be crowned the world champion. If that system had been in place this season, Brazilian Felipe Massa would be celebrating his first world championship rather than Lewis Hamilton. Instead, for the eighth time in F1 history the driver with the most wins did not capture the world title.

Massa finished with six wins to Hamilton's five.

"The FIA and all the teams are behind it and it will be done," Ecclestone tells The Times. "Everybody understands gold medals and silver and bronze. Nearly all sports are done that way. "The whole point will be, when they get to Melbourne for the first race, the guys will want to leave there with a gold medal. They don't want to leave with ten, eight or six points." According to Ecclestone, anyone who finishes outside of the top three would recieve no points but their finishing position would be taken into account in their overall ranking. Points would still be awarded for the constructors' championship. In 2003, the F1 point system was changed to give the race winner 10 points and the runner-up eight instead of six. The domination of Michael Schumacher and Ferrari in the early part of this decade meant the German usually clinched the title well before the end of the season, eliminating any potential drama.

While the current point system has resulted in the season championship going down to the final race in each of the last two years, it has also seen teams and drivers take a cautious approach in scoring points rather than risking results for a win. Ecclestone says the new system will force drivers to abandon that conservative approach to scoring points. "The need for it was highlighted at the Brazilian Grand Prix at the end of this season when Hamilton only had to finish in the top five to win the title, not win," said the F1 boss. "So this will encourage overtaking." The World Motor Sport Council is set to further discuss the details of the proposal at their next meeting in December.

"The need for it was highlighted at the Brazilian Grand Prix at the end of this season when Hamilton only had to finish in the top five to win the title, not win," said the F1 boss. "So this will encourage overtaking." The World Motor Sport Council is set to further discuss the details of the proposal at their next meeting in December.
NAR.F1 driver