NO MORE F1 IN AMERICA!!!

Public topics not directly related to NAR, for example real F1 racing.
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

NO MORE F1 IN AMERICA!!!

Post by Flow »

FIA kick Montreal out of F1 Calendar starting now... so in 2009, we wont have race unless we put more money on table for Ecclestone.
NAR.F1 driver
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Re: NO MORE F1 IN AMERICA!!!

Post by Bilbo »

Exercise: find which word is not true in the following sentence: We LOVE you, uncle Bernie! :evil:
2010 NA div. Admin
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

On Tuesday Formula One racing’s governing body, the FIA, released an amended calendar for the 2009 world championship. A provisional schedule was issued in June.

The revised calendar sees the Turkish Grand Prix changing from its original August slot to a June date, while the Canadian race has been dropped. In another revision, the Italian and Belgian races have swapped positions, with the Spa event now taking place on August 30, a fortnight before the Italian Grand Prix on September 13.

The 18-race championship will reach its finale in mid November with the inaugural Abu Dhabi race.

2009 FIA Formula One World Championship:
29 March Australia
5 April Malaysia
19 April Bahrain
10 May Spain
24 May Monaco
7 June Turkey
21 June Great Britain
28 June France
12 July Germany
26 July Hungary
23 August Europe (Valencia)
30 August Belgium
13 September Italy
27 September Singapore
11 October Japan
18 October China
1 November Brazil
15 November Abu Dhabi

source : http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/ ... /8483.html
NAR.F1 driver
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Let see what will hapend if money if put in front of the nose of BArnie. Ferrari, BMW, Honda and (i dont remember who) + Canadian and Quebec government + Montreal city put money to save the GP the last time Bernie did that. He ask investment in infrastructure to save our GP, but after it was done, he still drops it.

The problem is that he knows that effort will be done again to put money will be put on table, that is what is not good. But if he stop F1 here, can you imagine the effect on F1 fans... In 2003 Montreal GP was the best place that F1 was doing profit. Seem that time have changed!
NAR.F1 driver
Ruben Miranda
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by Ruben Miranda »

Hello All
Very bad news for the Canadians and all F1 Fans.

I really Sucks they keep taking out the great tracks and putting in these new (But in my HO) not very good or down right shitty tracks.

Also and I am not protecting Bernie the frikken money man.
But also ( I think it was at Spa) Bernie said that it is not only him on the moneys and cost but the teams want more money to.
So if that statement is true not all of it is on Bernie.

Hitman 8)
I might not be fast, But I am ahead of you.
Ruben Hitman Miranda
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Yes Hitman, Bernie is not alone, but he his the puppet that represent investor, and those invester are Banks, and you know what is going on with banks these days... they need to find money somewere to save their ass. I think that Bernie is still a main investor in that group.

Bernie enjoy F1 as a business man, we enjoy F1 as Fan :cry:
NAR.F1 driver
Kaali

Post by Kaali »

I guess the asphalt farce has it consequences so Canadian GP has been axed. Not sure though if that's the cause but it sure hasn't helped. But I must say that Montreal track has so much more character than Indy track so it is of course a bit sad to lose it. Let's see if it will be completely dumped or what but I will miss Wall of Champions next year.

So far these tracks are gone:

Suzuka
Silverstone
Montreal

Come to think of it: darn those tracks are awesome. Will be odd without them next year.
It's not hard, when you know how......
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

I thought Suzuka was due for a comeback next year or the year after. I think they had agreed to alternating the Japan GP between Fuji and Suzuka (just like the German GP), with Fuji getting the exclusivity for a few years (which should now be close to its end). I certainly hope so as Suzuka is my most preferred track.
2010 NA div. Admin
Kaali

Post by Kaali »

Ooh that's right Bilbo. I almost forgot that. Suzuka will be back next year as Fuji and Suzuka will alternate. Cool cool thing.
Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

yeah they can drop valencia next year, piece of crap track..but i'd like to keep singapore!

sad to loose canada though!

and, if silverstone is dropped, where is the british gp held? i think its still there.

oh, and lets not deem abu dabi rubbish until we've seen it :)
[12:19:47]Dropkick: somebody tried to mug me once
[12:19:59]Dropkick: but i was so drunk i did not understand
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Organizers of the Grand Prix of Canada decide to retire completely of the fight to save it. It was impossible to make profit from the F1 event, and Bernie dont want to negociate a new contract, himself without notice retire from the negociation, even organiser didnt knew about it untill FIA calendar release. Bernie wants more money, and the Private organizer was not able to give him more money. The only option was to sale ticket 3x to 4x higher than actual 350$ to 700$ for standard seat. Place VIP were from few thousand to hundred a thousand for corporate section.

Only governement here can maybe do something, but with the election campain running on combine to the financial crisis, not shure they want to get in those discussion now... lol
NAR.F1 driver
Steve

Post by Steve »

Very sad. It is a shame that Champ Car had to go away, it was the closest thing to F1.
I may be slow, but at least I'm consistantly slow !
Kaali

Post by Kaali »

kaffemaskin wrote:and, if silverstone is dropped, where is the british gp held? i think its still there.
Did a little research and found out that Silverstone will be dropped in 2010 to Donington Park. So Silverstone will be there next year. I have no idea how Donington Park will be like but as far as I can understand it used to be a F1 track long time ago. Maybe in the 70'ies?
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Singapore will give something around $76M next year in royalty to Bernie (it was around half this year), and Montreal GP is only giving only $20M... so you can imagine that Berni did an easy choice. Montreal GP was the only GP that was manage by a private organizator, other place are supported by City, Country and Corporation + Sponsor. Dont forget the TV royaltee that Bernie gets in extra eatch race!
NAR.F1 driver
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

This morning, October 9th, the City of Montreal, the government of Quebec and the government of Canada are in a meeting to discuss if they will put the money on table to keep the GP. This afternoon they will hold a press conference to let public know their intention.

Will keep you informed.
NAR.F1 driver
Dropkick

Post by Dropkick »

donington has only held one gp previously the european gp in the 90s when senna blew everyone away.

they propose to build new pits and a extra loop to the existing track for the new british gp , either way it is not really going to be as good as silverstone

soon f1 will be an asian series as only those governments will put up the money for gps , the loss of any north american race and the canadian gp in particular is a sad day . next year the cars will look silly with the rediculous new rear wings (at least the pictures of the williams testing looked weird

i have been a fan of f1 for 28 years but i think i am rapidly coming to the end of my interest the whole thing is becoming a joke , i have enjoyed irl/cart far more for years now god i am even getting into nascar now , the last race at talladega was great
insert funny comment here please
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Meeting was done today with City mayor, Quebec and Canada government. They had a phone conference with Bernie, and Bernie said that it is not impossible to put back Montreal GP for 2009. But on our side, they said that they need to know how mutch is needed, they need to see contract, financial books, event administration structure before accepting to put money. The event bring $100M in local economy.

I like the Villeneuve comments, Sponsor likes to be seen. Between a race in desert with 5 000 visitors and a place of 300 000 visitors, the choice is easy. But the thing is that both will receive the same visibility on TV.

Honda, BMW, Ferrari, Toyota have a big market visibility with the Canadian race. They also have interest in racing here. They helped to save the GP last time, and maybe they still can do something again.

Chance are low, but still hope.
NAR.F1 driver
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

A meeting is set for next week with Berni.
NAR.F1 driver
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Hi, i just read that F1 teams are verry shocked that Canada was retired of the calendar. Ferrari, Honda, Toyota, BMW, Mercedez know that race helps them to sale cars at place where they race and america is a big market and they dont want to loose the place they have. Not only that, they said that North America need at least 2-3 race, at least one in Canada and one in USA. They will put this subject in priority in future Teams meeting. Honda and Toyota are the 2 manufactuer that increase their sales in the last months compare to major money lost for GM and Ford (american manufacturer)
NAR.F1 driver
Jackson

Post by Jackson »

Dropkick wrote:
soon f1 will be an asian series as only those governments will put up the money for gps , the loss of any north american race and the canadian gp in particular is a sad day . next year the cars will look silly with the rediculous new rear wings (at least the pictures of the williams testing looked weird

i have been a fan of f1 for 28 years but i think i am rapidly coming to the end of my interest the whole thing is becoming a joke
have to sign it
just with one difference, it was only 10 years ^^
i was always so interested in the technolagy, but with all these constrictions in the technicel part it goes straight into a normal series just with different names on each car
and i think this is not the sense of the good old formula one :evil: