NO MORE F1 IN AMERICA!!!

Public topics not directly related to NAR, for example real F1 racing.
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Re: NO MORE F1 IN AMERICA!!!

Post by SteveB »

I don't know about you guys but I think this is yet another STUPID idea...this isn't an Olympic sport....(I get the concept)
I think this will produce alot of dangerous situations and very agressive driving IMO
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Not to mention that the current system was last tweaked so that Schumy-style dominations don't happen too often again. Just imagine another decade of Ferrari domination where both red cars were to always bring Gold and Silver medals almost every race... How many people would still be watching F1 after that ? Silly Bernie...
2010 NA div. Admin
Steve

Post by Steve »

Hey, at least they don't have the insane points system that NASCAR does, 43rd place gets points, huh????????as long as you START a race, you will get points . sheesh... I think F1 should leave the points system just like it is, or make the winner get say, 15 points instead of 10. I am not a fan of the medal system either.
I may be slow, but at least I'm consistantly slow !
Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

ho-ho-ho
i was sceptic, but then again - what the hell, why not?
I'd love to see more action on track and this should bring it - everyone going for the win all the time. would be great. and the driver with the most wins usually wins anyway as the article pointed out
(remember it would have been 7-6 if hamilton had waited a corner or two to overtake kimi at spa...and following that 7-7 if massas engine hadn't blown in hungary......or 6-6 if kimis car hadnt broken down in france.....or 6-8 if ferrari hadnt fucked up singapore)
[12:19:47]Dropkick: somebody tried to mug me once
[12:19:59]Dropkick: but i was so drunk i did not understand
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Flow »

A group of montreal business (restaurant + hotel + business on activity street) send a request to motorist : Mercedes, Ferrari, BMW, Renault, Honda et Toyota to help to save the F1 Canada GP. They say that Honda is selling around 40% of their car in NorthAmerica, 30 for toyota and BMW, Mercedes 22% and 50% of Ferrari's are sold here. So all motorist would need to invest $3 millions eatch per year, and govenement coudl pay the other part.

Not a bad idea, but then why do it for Montreal? They could have the idea of doing it somewhere else? They could do it for USA? Im doing the devil's lawyer :twisted: But why not do a race in Montreal and 1 in USA for 6millions per constructor per year? hu?

But as for me, why try to put so easily too mutch money in Bernie pockets, he said that his request ($) for Canada GP was low... !!!
NAR.F1 driver
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Don't forget that Uncle Bernie is owned...uhhh....WORKS for an investment consortium (CVC) that currently needs a lot of money...

I doubt Bernie's tune is gonna change in the short term (and I'm optimistic when saying this!).
2010 NA div. Admin