New F1 for NA Applicant

Public topics not directly related to NAR, for example real F1 racing.
nopk

New F1 for NA Applicant

Post by nopk »

Hello,

My name is Emanuel Moshouris, and I am hoping to get into the NA league! I was told to post here so the admins could see it, and see if I could get in before the Monza race starts on sunday.

I'm currently studying Mehanical/Automotive engineering here in America, in hopes of joining an automobile manufacturer after school :)

I've been an F1 fan for over a decade, and I've been racing GTR, GTR2, rFactor, F1 rFactor mods and LFS for years now. I've only raced NPC opponents, but judging from my lap times I think I will be good enough to join the league.

I look forward to meeting and getting along with you all :)

Admins, please get in touch so that I can see if I can join mid season!

Thanks!
nopk

Re: New F1 for NA Applicant

Post by nopk »

Also, is there a unified track pack I can download? Or if not, does anyone have a link to the official Monza track that will be used?
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Flow »

I will send you a Private Message link for the track, untill furthur notice, please dont share the link and also i will give you the server weekday practice password. We use a different password for race, but only active driver have that race password. Bilbo and SteveB are NA admin, one of them will contact you, probably Bilbo, cause SteveB is busy making track for MMG.
NAR.F1 driver
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

[quote="nopk" I've only raced NPC opponents, but judging from my lap times I think I will be good enough to join the league.[/quote]

Dont need to be the fastest, just need to have the «nerves» to last a full 100% length race without crashing your car in a wall... We have fast driver and slower driver, but all are respecfull on track, mistake can occur, but we ask driver to at least not be dangerous to him or other to make shure we all have fun on track.
NAR.F1 driver
nopk

Post by nopk »

So all the cars have the exact same stats?
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

All car have equal performance. Refer to website to choose a empty seat, Please read at least once the Rules on website, this will give you alot of Info, and you can ask any questions as you need to make shure you will be fine on track.
NAR.F1 driver
nopk

Post by nopk »

I saw there were no driver aids - does that include autoclutch?
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

If you are able to join the server, you will see the setting of server and you will be able to test it. I dont know about the autoclutch, i dont use it. Server for practice is set as same as race will be, except unvunerability ON and race length at 5%. In race, unvunerability will be set OFF and lenght will 100%. The only help is Launch Control that we cant set OFF in mod, so you can use.
NAR.F1 driver
nopk

Post by nopk »

I'm getting an error when I try to load the map.

"gMotor 2" "Error opening monza.mas"

Does anyone know what this could be?
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Hi nopk, welcome to these forums!

As Flow said, there is no problem with joining the league mid-season as long as you don't mind starting with a slight(!) point handicap for the NAR driver's championship! :lol: Seriously, if you're interested, we'll have to schedule a little practice together so we can judge your behaviour on the track. You don't have to be fast but you have to be safe and be respectful of others at all times. I'll be getting in touch with you in private for the modalities.

Auto-clutch is not allowed on our server. As the name of our league is "No Aids Racing", it follows that we run the game as "lean" as we can, driving-aids-wise. We only tolerate Launch Control (LC) because it can't be easily disabled. Driving without aids is challenging (to say the least) but it is also much more rewarding!

There is no complete single-download track pack but most of the tracks we use are the MMG tracks available at f1mods.com . The tracks are made, converted and/or adapted for MMG F1-07 as the season goes along, that's why there is no complete season download yet.

For your track problem, assuming that Flow gave you the correct link for "Italy v2", make sure that you unzip the file in "<rFactor install>\Gamedata\Locations\MMG\F1\2007_Season" (you should have an "Italy" folder in there after unzipping). If you have any other track in your game named "Italy", "Monza" or something similar (even from other mods), you will probably have to delete them.
2010 NA div. Admin

Post by Guest »

hi man im happy to see new driver enjoy my friend :D
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Hi GUEST, been a while since we last saw you! :lol:
2010 NA div. Admin