Olympics 2008

Public topics not directly related to NAR, for example real F1 racing.
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

Olympics 2008

Post by Flow »

Just to let you know that one of my friend, Marilou, finished in 10th position at the Olympic in weightlifting. She is 5'3", and she weight 105lb. She did the lift of 208lb but she mist her try on 211lb; judges cancelled her lifting cause one of her elbow folded slightly.

I play often poker with her and friends, and shes not bad :) anyway, we have to let her win, unless she can kick our ass! :wink: lol, just joking, shes not a bad looser and she is realy sweet.
Attachments
20060316_MarilouDozoisPre.jpg
20060316_MarilouDozoisPre.jpg (20.1 KiB) Viewed 4018 times
netmdprevost_arr.jpg
netmdprevost_arr.jpg (44.55 KiB) Viewed 4019 times
NAR.F1 driver
Ruben Miranda
Favorite team: Ferrari

Re: Olympics 2008

Post by Ruben Miranda »

Hello All
Long time
Your Friend is hot Flow
She can bench press me LOL

The Olympics have been real good.

Did you catch the opening seromonies man they where out of this world never seen anything like it.

Anycase thought I would say hello
Hope all is well with everyone

Hitman 8)
I might not be fast, But I am ahead of you.
Ruben Hitman Miranda
Steve

Post by Steve »

Wow, a hot babe that is also strong like bull, hahaha. Very cool !!

And hey Ruben !! Long time no see man, whatcha been up to? Glad you stopped in and said hello m8...
I may be slow, but at least I'm consistantly slow !
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Post a nice girl, and Rubben is around, lol :wink: Hi Hitman, long time, hope that your family is going fine!

About the opimpic opening, impressive synchro show! Bit with a $42,000,000,000 Budget... alot is possible.
NAR.F1 driver
scuderiafn

Post by scuderiafn »

Next time you play poker, invite me in will you? :D
NAR Euro Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro # 5
Cue-bitzer hit Bådää into T1, causing Fart-in-Source to get by!
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Hitman wrote:Did you catch the opening seromonies man they where out of this world never seen anything like it. Hitman 8)
In our newspaper today, the story is that many fireworks that we seen on tv were not true, they were put in over the image in video montage. Too mutch smog, the real one were not visible... Other thing, the little girl that sing a song, she was lipsing, the original girl that was siging perfecly was not enough beautifull to represent chineese, so they her sister that look like a little manequin. The other had a face too fat and theeth were not aligned, lol. Ho well, everyone cheat, but when you get cought, you just look like more stupid.
NAR.F1 driver
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

scuderiafn wrote:Next time you play poker, invite me in will you? :D
:wink: 8)
NAR.F1 driver
Ruben Miranda
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by Ruben Miranda »

Hello Guys
The Family is all well thanks for asking

As for the opening seromonies
Yes I new they thru a lot of money at it (Although I thought it was much more.
I was more impressed with the design and the awesome structure of it all.
You know how it is you can throw a billion dollars at something do's not mean it will be any better then if you spent a hundred thousand. :)

I have not heard the story on the fire works. But I find it hard to beleave since the people who where actually there could see them to. :lol:

Yes the little girl was lip singing the host said so when she was singing
He said something about the original girl had very bad teeth or something.

One thing that was really awesome was the planet coming up and the guys running and flipping and the was it changed.
Say what we want about the Chinese but man they do have culture very impressive.

Well things are good for me Still very Busy work and all
I still Race I jioned a few guys they race on Mondays timed 45 minute races.
Not to long but long enough for this old man. :lol:
We do the 07 mod and the F188 mod the 88 mod is just a blast to run.

Ok Talk to you guys soon
Hitman 8)
I might not be fast, But I am ahead of you.
Ruben Hitman Miranda
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Yeah Hitman, as for me, so many stuff were nice to watch that i forget alot. All the people dancing or playing tamtam or whatever was impressive to watch.

About the Fireworks, here a news article that explain WHY they trick the image :

Organisers of the Beijing Olympics' opening ceremony have admitted they faked 55 seconds of a fireworks display for television coverage.
— Reuters

Giant pyrotechnic footprints that marched across the sky in the countdown to the Bejing Olympics opening ceremony were faked for video coverage. According to The Beijing Times what people inside the stadium and watching on television saw were computer graphics of the footprints inserted into coverage.

Gao Xiaolong, the head of the opening ceremony visual effects team, said it had taken almost a year to create the 55-second sequence. Actual fireworks could be seen outside the stadium but it was logistically impossible to film them by helicopter, so the decision was made to recreate the effect digitally. The last foot print was visible from inside the stadium and was captured on film.

Mr Gao said the animators had gone to the extent of getting weather information so as to recreate the night time smog conditions and camera shake was added to simulate filming from a helicopter. "Seeing how it worked out, it was still a bit too bright compared to the actual fireworks," he said. "But most of the audience thought it was filmed live - so that was mission accomplished."
NAR.F1 driver