Renault race strategy for France GP

Public topics not directly related to NAR, for example real F1 racing.
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

Renault race strategy for France GP

Post by Flow »

Renault said that they are not competing for the championship, so agressive qualification settup will be use to try to get pole (they hope for France). As they experimented in Canada, empty qualif, and try to escape in front, and fuel with getting out before middle pack may pay. Not to get the win, but to win position in front of other team. Top 3 teams are not their direct oponent, but all other teams are, theyr is the championship for race for renault.

But as we saw in Canada, Renault must finish to at least hope sroce some points :mrgreen:
Last edited by Flow on 20 Jun 2008, 15:59, edited 1 time in total.
NAR.F1 driver
Flow
Spam kingpin

Re: Renault race strategy

Post by Flow »

Friday practice : Magny-Court 2008
Luck? Empty fuel? Ferrari and McLaren just not pushing? Kubica hiding his strategy? At least Alonso lead the Friday 2nd practice session :
Fernando Alonso (ESP/Renault) 1:15.778 (moyenne: 209,554 km/h)
Felipe Massa (BRA/Ferrari) 1:15.854
Kimi Räikkönen (FIN/Ferrari) 1:15.999

From this position to Button, 14 drivers within a gap of 1 sec.
Lewis Hamilton (GBR/McLaren-Mercedes) 1:16.232 — 10 positions penality on Grid this sunday for Montreal Red Light accident
Sebastian Vettel (GER/Toro Rosso-Ferrari) 1:16.298
Robert Kubica (POL/BMW-Sauber) 1:16.317
Heikki Kovalainen (FIN/McLaren-Mercedes) 1:16.340
Nick Heidfeld (GER/BMW-Sauber) 1:16.458
Nelson Piquet Jr (BRA/Renault) 1:16.543
David Coulthard (GBR/Red Bull-Renault) 1:16.572
Nico Rosberg (GER/Williams-Toyota) 1:16.682 — 10 positions penality on Grid this sunday for Montreal Red Light accident
Jarno Trulli (ITA/Toyota) 1:16.743
Sébastien Bourdais (FRA/Toro Rosso-Ferrari) 1:16.758 — Not good for a driver at Home...
Kazuki Nakajima (JPN/Williams-Toyota) 1:17.002
Timo Glock (GER/Toyota) 1:17.092
Mark Webber (AUS/Red Bull-Renault) 1:17.106
Jenson Button (GBR/Honda) 1:17.244

Giancarlo Fisichella (ITA/Force India-Ferrari) 1:17.394
Rubens Barrichello (BRA/Honda) 1:17.591

From Alonso, 1st, 2 full sec gap between him and the last position of Friday PB lap time not bad, we have seen worst in past races.
Adrian Sutil (GER/Force India-Ferrari) 1:17.868
Last edited by Flow on 20 Jun 2008, 18:22, edited 2 times in total.
NAR.F1 driver
Flow
Spam kingpin

Re: Renault race strategy for France GP

Post by Flow »

Honda have seagull on the nose of car :mrgreen: Too bad, it was Bourdais that was sponsored by McDonald in past :wink: )
Attachments
Image 2.png
Image 2.png (290.28 KiB) Viewed 3204 times
NAR.F1 driver
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Oups, Heikki Kovalainen (McLaren), 6th in qualif will be penalized of 5 place down for disturbing Webber fast lap. Hamilton 3rd will drop to 13th, Rosberg 15th will simply start from end of grid. That put alnso 3rd and Trulli 4th, not bad! But will they save what they have? hummm... not shure.
NAR.F1 driver
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Well seem again that FIA is not folowing their rules, Kimi had a peace of car that was waving in wind and was clear that it should be removed, it was a steal metal part of exaust. At pit, they didnt event tried to remove it. Rule says that steward must call a car to pit in and remove any dangerous part that seem to detacth from car. He was lucky to loose it at end of race far from crowd and in a corner, cause imagine that part in middle track of straight. Will this bring again discussion about FIA still doing favoritism for Ferrari? :? i hope not.

I would want to be in Truly seat at end being forced to push untill the finish line. Congratulation to Trulli, his 3rd place is an lagitimate 3rd place. To see a Toyota on a podium, you have to go back in 2005.

I dont know if you had same feeling as i did when Hamilton pass Rosberg in S at begin of race, but in my head he HAD to let go back Rosberg, Hamilton passed him out of track. What is going on in Hamilton<s head? Those are simple rule to follow, race is not just pushing a car in around a track at full trottle
NAR.F1 driver
brad

Post by brad »

Flow wrote:I would want to be in Truly seat at end being forced to push untill the finish line. Congratulation to Trulli, his3rd place is an lagitimate 3rd place. To see a Toyota on a podium, you have to go back in 2005.
Hmm, I remember some kooky american guy getting some podiums last year in a Toyota! :P
Flow wrote: race is not just pushing a car in around a track at full trottle
Damnit!!! Thats what ive been doing wrong!!!! haha

yes, i wanted to have posts in all 3 forums at the same time, im a post whore like that :)
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

brad wrote:im a post whore like that :)
Watch out, Dan can give you that name (look under my name under my Avatar...) :roll:
NAR.F1 driver