Super Aguri : no money, no race!

Public topics not directly related to NAR, for example real F1 racing.
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

Super Aguri : no money, no race!

Post by Flow »

Super Aguri, up to now, is not alowed to enter Turquie GP site. They have money problem!
NAR.F1 driver
Firefly

Re: Super Aguri : no money, no race!

Post by Firefly »

They've pulled out of the whole season now.

It's a shame really. I know they were slow with having to use last years dreadful Honda F1 car, but I think it's always better to have more cars on the grid in F1. It doesn't look like anyone is in a hurry to help them.

Must be awful for the drivers too.
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

I think they were running on hope for many months, they were supose to be buy by someone, and he turn down the offer few days ago, so now they have no hope of selling the team, and no need to let them on track waisting more money they dont have... sad.
NAR.F1 driver
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Agury is actualy dicussing with the German "Weigl Group AG" automobile company. Agury said the partnership offer was "fair" and should alow them to stay on track for the end of season. Discussion need to be finished, and Honda need to aprouve the deal.
NAR.F1 driver
Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

thing is super aguri is in so much debt, so if an major sponsor where to invest in the team they'd first had to pay off those debts with their investment before they could see any effect of their money. so not a very encouraging situation for sure..
[12:19:47]Dropkick: somebody tried to mug me once
[12:19:59]Dropkick: but i was so drunk i did not understand
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Plus the car they are using is absolutely awful, as we know from last year. That can't be very attractive to any investors - knowing they'll always be at the back.
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

They were talking about 8 million Euro for the help for the end of season from the German car company.

The thing is that they are still under the top X (8 or 10?) that get points/money for championship constructor. From next year ( i think ) it wont be same, cause team (or constructor) will get back money from the new accord that team putted pressure on Bernie, they will receive touch part of Tv's $$$$ cashback, so then SuperAguri may get in less financial trouble. Im shure theyr are trying to survive untill that, but this year, they have no real chance left.
NAR.F1 driver