McLaren Mercedes — Ron Dennis is replaced

Public topics not directly related to NAR, for example real F1 racing.
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

McLaren Mercedes — Ron Dennis is replaced

Post by Flow »

I just read that Martin Whitmarsh will be the new head of McLaren Mercedes Team to replace Ron Dennis. The transfert will be done within the 2 next weeks. He seem to have a sympathic face.
NAR.F1 driver
Dropkick

Post by Dropkick »

where did you read that flow?

according to the itv f1web site there is no pressure from whitmarsh for ron to
insert funny comment here please
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

It is all over french web news here, and it comes from 'the gardian' in Uk.

http://sport.guardian.co.uk/motorsport/ ... 14,00.html

In the news few months ago, Dennis was looking to sale his part in Mclaren and was hoping to play a role in Mclaren in another way than being the boss. With this 'news' or 'rhumor', it seem that it would be just normal, but seem not comfirmed yet by anyone else. Let see in the next weeks if it was true.
NAR.F1 driver
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by SteveB »

I read this last night....IMO this puts GUILTY all over him.
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

I got even more frustating news today, the wankers gonna rebuild silverstone pit street,.. o for sure more things will change there ,... damn another track they gonna screw up.
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Steve B wrote:I read this last night....IMO this puts GUILTY all over him.
Well, i think that this is pressure comming from Mercedes to pull away a face that will always make us remind the cheating of McLaren-Mercedes. Faster you change him, and you put a better reputation face at his place, we will think that they have put behind what hapened
NAR.F1 driver
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Don't get all excited for nothing. Dennis was supposed to retire a year or two ago and get a "smaller" job in the team. Whitmarsh was entitled and trained to be his successor years ago. Dennis stayed in charge (supposedly) because it was judged that Whitmarsh could not/was not able to handle the Hamilton/Alonso "team" (that was even before TSHTF).

Even just after the end of last season, it was said that Dennis would announce a decision about his future at the Australian race. Given that he's an easy scapegoat for all things wrong in the world, he might decide to step down now. Not that I think it would actually be a good thing overall for the team but it just might have to happen if only to please sponsors or to "clean" the McLaren/Mercedes "image". I'm surprised people find it a surprise when it has been told and foretold for months. The writing has been on the wall for a long time, the surprise would probably be if it did NOT happen... :roll:
Dropkick

Post by Dropkick »

as i thought ron is going nowhere this year!

http://www.itv-f1.com/home.aspx#
insert funny comment here please