World thinnest laptop

Public topics not directly related to NAR, for example real F1 racing.
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

World thinnest laptop

Post by Flow »

http://www.apple.com/ca/macbookair/#ad :shock: :shock: :shock:

CBC news about it + online movie rental on itune next comming in few weeks:
http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/ver/251.6/ ... cl=5968166
NAR.F1 driver
Steve

Post by Steve »

geee, and only $1900, lol
I may be slow, but at least I'm consistantly slow !
carrera

Post by carrera »

Oh I'm sorry,
They would have to pay me 1900 dollars to take a mac.
carrera 8) 8) 8)
Quote"Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'NO!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer .The end""
Drago(ITA)

Post by Drago(ITA) »

Nice toy , but this time the Keynote was not so interesting like the previous one(imao , and at least for us in Italy :) ): no new iphone (and still no iphone in Italy yet), only new software for it; no new macbook pro (keyboard layout , 1.3 Mb isigth , new processors, etc ) ;
And more , that silly time capsule : how could i use time machine with my airport extreme if this feature is not available on it, but only on time capsule that is only an airport extreme+ and hard disk??

If only driving games could run on mac os ................ :wink:
carrera

Post by carrera »

Oh my god Drago.
ARe they trying to keep Italy in the dark ages or what and yes.If only they could run the good driving games on the Mac.that truly sux.I feel for ya Drago.I won't buy ipods or Iphones .Too expensive and the batteries only last a year anyway so I have been sticking with a sony walkman that charges in your usb port.It is almost 2 years old and still acts like it is new(battery wise).I just like things to last.Call me cheap...whatever...LOL...
carrera 8) 8) 8)
Quote"Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'NO!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer .The end""
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Now that i am racing rfactor on my 24inc intel imac, i wont say mutch bad about Mac, other that i make every one jalous around me :wink: I like having OsX + Xp on same computer, i can take advantage of both best of Mac and Pc.
NAR.F1 driver
carrera

Post by carrera »

OK so who is in the dark ages now?...LOL>..I didn't know you could run both on the mac at the same time..Now if they could just bring the frikkin price down a bit I would be happier and I would be MAc bound as they have plenty of power.
carrera 8) 8) 8)
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

well, up to now, i know i can run rfactor, and apple promote some other games that can be run on mac with OsX or Xp. But i tried a demo of return to wolfcastle (3) and i cant run it cause of a graphic configuration. Probably it can be solve easily, but i didnt bather.

As for rfactor, i only got 2 times in race, after 1hours of racing, some line graphic that were crossing the screen at some place around the track. I must say that i was racing online, with everything graphic at On and Full. My FPS were in the 40's. After droping a little the graphic, no problem occured, and fps were in the 90's. I was getting less fps than other like Bilbo who was in easy 100-150's, but i had to consider that my graphic card was less powerfull than his.

This could be better for you Carrera, but yeah, expensive : an MacPro Tower, Intel Xeon 8 core, 3.2Ghz : You can run up to eight 30-inch Apple Cinema HD Displays at the same time with just one Mac Pro.

For motion graphics, 3D modeling, rendering, or animation, you’ll need the greater graphics horsepower offered by the NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT with 512MB of GDDR3 memory and latest-generation NVIDIA GPU technology. Or the optional NVIDIA Quadro FX 5600 graphics card is the ultimate workstation-class graphics card available, with a massive 1.5GB of GDDR3 memory and a 3D stereo port for stereo-in-a-window applications. http://www.apple.com/ca/macpro/technology/graphics.html

But thos are expensive, start at 2 900$ with no monitor.

I use "boot camp", that alow me on start of computer to or run OsX (mac) or run Xp (Pc). This is the safest way to run them. Their is also a software (i was told less stable) that alow you to run Xp on the desktop of your OsX (i say Xp, but you can run whatever version of windows).

Price are (what you see is the computer, no tower, all in back of the screen : http://www.apple.com/ca/imac/

20 inch, 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB memory, 250GB hard drive1
8x double-layer SuperDrive, ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT with 128MB memory : $1,299.00

20 inch, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB memory, 320GB hard drive1
8x double-layer SuperDrive, ATI Radeon HD 2600 PRO with 256MB memory : $1,599.00

I have this one :
24 inch,
2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB memory, 320GB hard drive1
8x double-layer SuperDrive, ATI Radeon HD 2600 PRO with 256MB memory : $1,899.00

24 inch, 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Extreme, 2GB memory, 500GB hard drive1
8x double-layer SuperDrive, ATI Radeon HD 2600 PRO with 256MB memory : $2,449.00
Attachments
technology_graphics_displays20080108.png
technology_graphics_displays20080108.png (301.01 KiB) Viewed 4567 times
NAR.F1 driver
Drago(ITA)

Post by Drago(ITA) »

Flow , just in case u still have only 1 Gb memory , consider upgrading it with something like this:

http://www.corsair.com/products/notebook_memory.aspx

At least here in Italy they are cheap , not a robbery like at mac stores , and they works great ; and expecially on Imac is very easy to install it ;) .

PS: i finally found the way to let Time Machine recognize one of my usb Hard Disk connected to the Airport Extreme :) . After one day testing wifi backup seems to work fine now 8) .
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Thanks, il take a look at it.
NAR.F1 driver
aawil

Post by aawil »

I was hoping for a bump in the imac specs at macworld but it looks like I'm going to have to wait a little longer to get a new one.