Jerez testing, day 2

Public topics not directly related to NAR, for example real F1 racing.
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

Jerez testing, day 2

Post by Flow »

Drivers are testing their new No Aids car (Jerez — January 15th, 2008)

. Fernando Alonso (ESP/Renault) 1:19.503 (70 laps)
. Pedro de la Rosa (ESP/McLaren) 1:19.650 (111 laps)
. Kimi Räikkönen (FIN/Ferrari) 1:19.708 (90 laps)
. Nico Rosberg (GER/Williams) 1:19.755 (81 laps)
. Felipe Massa (BRA/Ferrari) 1:19.772 (85 laps)
. Heikki Kovalainen (FIN/McLaren) 1:19.780 (130 laps)
. Sebastian Vettel (GER/Toro Rosso) 1:20.305 (86 laps)
. Sébastien Bourdais (FRA/Toro Rosso) 1:20.346 (76 laps)
. Mark Webber (AUS/Red Bull) 1:20.392 (80 laps)
. Kazuki Nakajima (JPN/Williams) 1:20.525 (68 laps)
NAR.F1 driver
Steve

Post by Steve »

Cool to see Bourdais is on pace there, I hope he does well !!
I may be slow, but at least I'm consistantly slow !
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Yeah, I hope he gets a trouble-free season because he's been waiting for this opportunity for quite a long time. He couldn't have done much more than he already did in/for ChampCar anyways...
Steve

Post by Steve »

Hopefully Scott Speed can get another chance sometime, we need a U S driver in there !!
Ruben Miranda
Favorite team: Ferrari

Nice

Post by Ruben Miranda »

Hello
Really nice that all the tiles are very close.

Yes Bourdais is looking good
I hope he do's well also he will be missed in Champcar.
He had a few problems but all in all a great driver and a stand up guy.

Hitman 8)
I might not be fast, But I am ahead of you.
Ruben Hitman Miranda
Dropkick

Post by Dropkick »

i think you have more chance of seeing marco than scott in f1 in the future
insert funny comment here please
carrera

Post by carrera »

I agree ,I think Marco will be the next u.s driver in f1.
No surprise though that renault are up there with the big boys for now.Lets see how that holds out.
carrera 8) 8) 8)
Quote"Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'NO!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer .The end""
Kaali

Post by Kaali »

I'm sorry but Scott Speed had not IMHO not deserved to be in F1 at all. Think it was a mistake he started in F1. He doesn't even has the potential to be there. I mean when he first started I did not notice improvements. Kinda like he was bad all the time. But who the next american F1 driver from the states will be? I dunno man. I have no clue who is what in the states.
It's not hard, when you know how......
Steve

Post by Steve »

Kaali wrote:I'm sorry but Scott Speed had not IMHO not deserved to be in F1 at all. Think it was a mistake he started in F1. He doesn't even has the potential to be there. I mean when he first started I did not notice improvements. Kinda like he was bad all the time. But who the next american F1 driver from the states will be? I dunno man. I have no clue who is what in the states.
But he was also on a REALLY bad team, remember Liuzzi didn't exaxtly light up the F1 world either. I think on a decent team Speed could have done pretty well.
Kaali

Post by Kaali »

Steve wrote:But he was also on a REALLY bad team, remember Liuzzi didn't exaxtly light up the F1 world either. I think on a decent team Speed could have done pretty well.
Well I don't like Alonso at all but he started at Minardi and scouts could tell that he was a great driver and moved on. THE Iceman started at Sauber and look where he is now. I don't see great teams surrounding Speed that want to hire him ...
It's not hard, when you know how......
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

The only reason he was in F1 was because of redbull and the american market redbull was looking for, thats all. I doubt if he would have reached f1 at all without redbull.

And its just testing guys, alonso was even driving with the old car so a test doesnt say anything. The first race will tell it. I realy hope renault and bmw will be able to go for regular podiums. However i think that now alonso left mclaren that mclaren will be slower then ferrari this year, and renault will make a step forward to 3th team i think. And ferrari ofcourse will be the team to beat.

Wll see.
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
carrera

Post by carrera »

I'll have to agree with renault being the third team but don't count out BMW.They were strong last year and I think they will fight renault for that 3rd position.Alonzo is of course driving last years car so we have no idea if the car will end up like last years honda or if they will beat BMW.I like the looks of the BMW though except for those carbon fibre wheel covers.Those could prove to be dangerous if they come off or shard under contact with another car.I too think Ferrari will kick ass this year and so they should.
carrera 8) 8) 8)
Quote"Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'NO!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer .The end""
carrera

Post by carrera »

As for Scott Speed,
I think the politics of F1 got to him quite early.Not alot of freedom in that team.More politics than anything else.I don't think Liuzzi should be there either but that is my opinion of course.Felipe Massa.I have never liked him at all even at Sauber.All he did was make mistakes and he will always be second on the ferrari team so I just laugh when I see him whining.Especially when he put that nice doughnut on Fernandos car last year.He did that just to be a dick and then blamed it on Fernando.I think Fernando should have wiped him into the wall just to put him in his place.Did I mention I don't like Massa?.I am sure I did ...hahahahahaha ROFL
carrera 8) 8) 8)
SteveB
NAR administrator

Post by SteveB »

I have to agree with Carrera.
I too never liked MASSA....I think he is a little baby when he doesn't get his way.
Look at the interviews after a race when he didn't win....his facial expressions just made me want to jump through the TV and SLAP him.
It looked like he was going to cry.

He thinks he can be a #1 driver at FERRARI.....pfffffffffffffffffffff he doesn't have near as much talent as KIMI and it was just a matter of time that KIMI settled in with FERRARI.....now the RACE is ONNNNNN!!!!!

If FERRARI has the car for 2008 like I think they will KIMI is going to kick ass....

Of course this is my opinion.

GROW UP MASSA !!!!!!
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

sailsy

Post by sailsy »

I reckon kimi will walk it again this year!!

He started slow last year new team, but from the start this year he will fly !!
Dropkick

Post by Dropkick »

I do not think you can write mac off tbh (much as i would like to!!)
SteveB
NAR administrator

Post by SteveB »

I agree DK. :)

To be honest I hope McLaren doesn't fall off the pace this year....if they do it will be another boring F1 season.

I can hardly wait to see these guys run with NO AIDS :)
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Dropkick

Post by Dropkick »

whoever comes good this ytear i just hoe for close season with0out any politics .................but time wll tell

i just prey for some close racing whoever it is lol
SteveB
NAR administrator

Post by SteveB »

Ya I agree DK.

I think we had enough of the politics last season.
IMO if crap like that happens again this season I am sure that more fans will stop watching....lets hope all goes well. :)
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN