FIA announce dramatic cost-cutting measures

Public topics not directly related to NAR, for example real F1 racing.
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

FIA announce dramatic cost-cutting measures

Post by Flow »

The planned aerodynamic testing restrictions in full:
- Teams to use no more than one wind tunnel. ( :? garage sale for 2-3 teams - Used wind tunnel)
- Test fluid to be air at atmospheric pressure.
- Maximum test section wind speed 50m/sec.
- Maximum model scale 60 percent.
- No more than one model to be tested during a run.
- Maximum usage to be equivalent to 15 runs per eight-hour day on five days per week for team F1 purposes. Tunnel may be contracted out at other times.
- Aerodynamic testing may only take place in wind tunnels if at reduced scale or at FIA approved test tracks if full scale. Full size testing to be subject to the F1 testing agreement.
- Full scale specific aerodynamic testing is to be reduced to 5 days per year.
- Restrictions will be imposed to stop shift of resource from wind tunnel testing to CFD.
- The number of people involved in CFD development will be limited to a number to be agreed.
- CFD computer systems will be characterised in order to set hardware performance limits but growth will be allowed year-on-year to allow for hardware / software development.

More : http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/ ... /7161.html
NAR.F1 driver
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Don't forget the 10(!!!) years engine freeze! :shock:
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

The problem cant be solved anyway and with some of the restrictions they kill f1 anyway as people are loosing interest in it,.. atleast i do lol.

Anyway like i said it cant be solved , the teams find ways to spend there money somehow you know. Next year we gonna see 5 story high motorhomes from mclaren en ferrari :lol: :lol:
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Flow »

To pass off those restriction, you ask a business friend to create his company that construct a wind tunnel and develop stuff that you need, and give you the info. You pay back with sponsor. Muahaha, easy to say, complicated to do, but possible to avoid a penality, cause hard to proof, and who will know that a team is using info from a factory that use a wind tunnel in China at low cost :roll: Ok in simple word, use some else to wind tunnel test for you, nothing in rules says that?
NAR.F1 driver
Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

didnt honda recently build a new one? hehe
[12:19:47]Dropkick: somebody tried to mug me once
[12:19:59]Dropkick: but i was so drunk i did not understand