Renault summoned by FIA over ‘spying’ charges

Public topics not directly related to NAR, for example real F1 racing.
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

Renault summoned by FIA over ‘spying’ charges

Post by Flow »

Oups, Alonso is not already with Renault that is 'maybe' future team is accuse of having secret information from McLaren (about McLaren fuelling system, gear assembly, oil cooling system, hydraulic control system and a novel suspension component used by the 2006 and 2007 McLaren F1 cars), just like McLaren was having some secret from Ferrari. Again, this 'is just another brick in the wall' of F1, :wink:

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/ ... /7076.html
NAR.F1 driver
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Renault admit possession, deny use of McLaren data. All should read it, it is not same story as McLaren Vs Ferrari, Renault put theyr pants and put some action to ensure that all was clean after finding some technical stuff from a McLaren engeneer that was hired by Renault.

Here a little part :

The information was completely cleansed from the team's computer systems and a formal investigation was started. We promptly informed McLaren of the situation and immediately after the FIA. Since then we have constantly and regularly kept McLaren and the FIA informed on all relevant findings. Mr Mackereth was immediately suspended from his position. The original floppy discs were impounded and sent to our solicitors for return to McLaren.

(...)

ING Renault F1 Team have co-operated fully with McLaren and the FIA in this matter to the extent that the team has invited McLaren's independent experts to come and assess the team's computer systems and inspect the cars and the design records, to demonstrate that this unfortunate incident has not in anyway influenced the design of the cars.

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/ ... /7078.html
NAR.F1 driver
Dropkick

Post by Dropkick »

floppy dics , who uses them ? now i know they are fibbing!!!!
insert funny comment here please
Dropkick

Post by Dropkick »

the saga continues ..................yawn
Renault recently granted McLaren access to its computer systems in order to internally investigate the accusations.

One insider told The Independent newspaper: "The amount and depth of the information (found at Renault) makes 'Stepneygate' look like a walk in the park."
http://www.feedmef1.com/html/modules.ph ... e&sid=8672
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

RE-edited

McLaren document claims Renault did? or did not gain any advantage?

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/ ... /7128.html

McLaren told FIA that Renault didnt took advantage of the info.
Last edited by Flow on 25 Nov 2007, 06:14, edited 3 times in total.
NAR.F1 driver
Ruben Miranda
Favorite team: Ferrari

ohh lord

Post by Ruben Miranda »

Hello
Am I the only one that thinks this is just bull now.

For McLaren to say they gained advantage from these documents.

I don't even think or remember Renault being on the podium at all it seems to me they where lucky to be in the top 10 finish in the whole 07 season.
So where did they get a advantage.

If they did use anything they sure in the h..l did not use it right. :lol:

I wish they would move on and get ready for 08.

Hitman 8)
I might not be fast, But I am ahead of you.
Ruben Hitman Miranda
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Flow wrote:McLaren document claims Renault did gain an advantage.
Sorry Hitman, i made a mistake in typing, McLaren document claims Renault DID NOT gain any advantage.
NAR.F1 driver
Ruben Miranda
Favorite team: Ferrari

LOL

Post by Ruben Miranda »

Hello
I guess I should go and read things on the links before going off :lol:

So I retract my previous statement well not the part where I think they should just move on now.

Hitman 8)
I might not be fast, But I am ahead of you.
Ruben Hitman Miranda
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

No, Hitman, finaly dont rectract your comment, it was not bad finaly, the way of seeing it differ from who comment it.

Renault say they didnt use it, and didnt took advantage of it. But lawyer of McLaren say that Renault USE IT and DID got an advantage, and consider Renault as more in shit that McLaren was about Ferrari.

Yeah, they just want to make McLaren look less cheater than Renault, but the damage is done to McLaren. We are off season, and Renault didnt won nothing, so Renault cheat/spy will have less impact than McLaren that was fighting for the championship.

Also, How can you shit on someone that use info that yourself stolen for another? So at end, Renault was using Ferrari info by using info from McLaren, hahahaha :mrgreen:
NAR.F1 driver
Steve

Post by Steve »

a vicious circle.............
I may be slow, but at least I'm consistantly slow !
Dropkick

Post by Dropkick »

maybe the only way forward is for all teams to use a base care like in cart and irl lol!!!!!
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Finaly, McLaren said that they did a mistake when they accuse Renault of having 780 files of McLaren in their possession, but in truth, it was only 18 files.
NAR.F1 driver
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

But it still gives nearly 780 pages when printed out (hence the confusion, voluntary or not)...
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

Wuhuu, FIA does it again, they are deemed guilty but no punishment given whehehe :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bring on 2008 baby :P
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
carrera

Post by carrera »

Hmmmm,
Am I the only one that is getting sick of this shit?...LOL>...hmmm mayeb if they concentrated on developing the car more than pointing fingers they would all have faster cars.Mind you,If they all copy ferraris car they can just repaint it the color they want and drive it.Someone shoot the poor bastards that are egging this on hahahaha...I just want to see something other than the word"spying"in the news.Stepney gate water gate waste gate....I don't care as long as they drive fast in 2008.Hamilton is kicking ass already in the tests.I have a feeling he will smoke the competition this year and take that championship.
carrera 8) 8) 8)
Quote"Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'NO!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer .The end""