Alonso is free — Mutual agreement reached (official)

Public topics not directly related to NAR, for example real F1 racing.
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

Alonso is free — Mutual agreement reached (official)

Post by Flow »

Alonso is free
Mutual agreement reached

The team have issued a confirmation statement explaining that both parties have ‘agreed to move on’, adding that the arrangement had not been discussed before now as “it was felt that any such discussion could have seriously disrupted the team’s and Fernando’s 2007 Formula 1 World Championship challenge.”

Both parties, the announcement went on to say, felt that this was the right decision.

Team principal Ron Dennis had this to say:
“Everybody at Vodafone McLaren Mercedes, especially McLaren’s Spanish Partners Banco Santander and Mutua Madrileña and the team’s title partner Vodafone, want to wish Fernando all the best for the future. He is a great driver but for some reason the combination of Vodafone McLaren Mercedes and Fernando has not really worked out, and in the end we reached a stage where none of us could find a way to move forward. We all believe that our joint decision to part company is for the best, and we will now continue to focus on our 2008 World Championship challenge.”

The statement also carried the following message from Alonso:
“Since I was a boy I had always wanted to drive for McLaren, but sometimes in life things do not work out. I continue to believe that McLaren is a great team. Yes, we have had our ups and downs during the season, which has made it extra-challenging for all of us, and it is not a secret that I never really felt at home. I know there have been suggestions of favouritism within the team and people say a lot of things in the heat of battle, but in the end I was always provided with an equal opportunity to win. Today’s decision allows all of us to focus on 2008, and I wish the team, Vodafone, Banco Santander, Mutua Madrileña and all the other team Partners who I have worked closely with during the year, the best for the future.”

There had been a further two years to run on Alonso’s contract, but it has been generally accepted for some time that the ex-champion would be looking to drive elsewhere in 2008. It is heavily rumoured, although far from confirmed, that the Spaniard will be joining Ferrari in 2009, although recent paddock gossip has also linked Alonso to his former team Renault, to Williams and to Red Bull racing.

The official announcement ended by saying that Mclaren would announce ‘any additions to its existing driver line-up in due course’.

http://formula-1.updatesport.com/news/a ... /view.html
NAR.F1 driver
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

Damn sissy boy. I was already looking forward to the senna/prost batles again but Alonso decides to pull out of the war by himself.

I cant realy believe it i was convinced he would stay with mclaren as it is a top2 car also for next year lol.

I have to see what will happen now, wich other team he goes to i think almost all teams would like to have him. I personaly have such a feeling that he will go to williams and rosberg to mclaren.

Also another thing, i realy hope Max Mosley will choke in a piece of bread lol, what an arogant guy is that is he such a stupid c.nt that he doesnt see that they are destroying f1. Now he says that hamilton is bad for F1, i think mosley is bad for f1 he is doing a lot to put mclaren in a bad daylight.

I hope there will come one day that they listen to our fans.
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

dutch power wrote:Also another thing, i realy hope Max Mosley will choke in a piece of bread lol, what an arogant guy is that is he such a stupid c.nt that he doesnt see that they are destroying f1. Now he says that hamilton is bad for F1, i think mosley is bad for f1 he is doing a lot to put mclaren in a bad daylight.

I hope there will come one day that they listen to our fans.

Yes Max Mosley has become particularly annoying recently, with all this garbage coming out of his mouth. Would be nice to get rid of him.
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

You can vote on the Home page, for the fun of doing it :wink:
http://www.noaidsracing.com/index.php?o ... e&Itemid=1
NAR.F1 driver
Dropkick

Post by Dropkick »

i voted none as i could not find the "anywhere but williams" button lol

how about nascar lmao!!!!!
insert funny comment here please
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Dropkick wrote:how about nascar lmao!!!!!
Villeneuve could hire him :wink:
NAR.F1 driver
Dropkick

Post by Dropkick »

Flow wrote:
Dropkick wrote:how about nascar lmao!!!!!
Villeneuve could hire him :wink:

and maybe SEAT could supply the cars :)
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Alonso refused a gold contract with Toyota. Renault said that they are preparing a contract of 2 years that will be proposed to Alonso. BMW, Red Bull et Williams are also intered in Alonso.
NAR.F1 driver
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

I dont really blame him for turning down Toyota. I've got nothing against the team (I drive for them in the league :D )but they don't exactly seem to be getting very far when it comes to making a decent F1 car.

Plus the thought of trying to out-qualify Trulli again probably isn't great for Alonso.
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Today, Hamilton comment to press after he was ask who will replace Alonso? He said : Rosberg, Sutil, Kovalainen. He also said after his comment, that his teamate MUST have team spirit. :roll:
NAR.F1 driver
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by SteveB »

Now you will see a NEW Hamilton. One with a HUGE ego.
MMMMMMMMM I wonder if they make an XXXXL helmet size......LMAO
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Rosberg wont go to McLaren, both 2 drivers of Williams are confirmed for 2008 (Nico Rosberg + Kazuki Nakajima). This seem to close the door to Alonso to Williams.
http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/ ... /7071.html

I think that the best option for Alonso is still Renault, i feel that they are more in position to make more improvement than RedBull can do, at least, the past proof that.

And MS is testing the 2008 Ferrari soon.
http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/ ... /7068.html
NAR.F1 driver
SteveB
NAR administrator

Post by SteveB »

It will be the 07 championship winning FERRARI.
FERRARI needs MS feedback with NO ELECTRONIC aids for 08 season.

If my hopes are right this might give an advantage to FERRARI because if I am not mistaken there is only MS and Coulthard that ever drove in a NON ELECTRONIC assited F1 car.

According to FERRARI MS feedback will be invaluable. :)

We will see. :wink:
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Flow wrote:...both 2 drivers of Williams are confirmed for 2008 (Nico Rosberg + Kazuki Nakajima).
I predict an exodus among Williams' pit crew during the winter... :twisted:
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Steve B wrote:If my hopes are right this might give an advantage to FERRARI because if I am not mistaken there is only MS and Coulthard that ever drove in a NON ELECTRONIC assited F1 car.We will see. :wink:
And BMW got rid of Villeneuve that was making the best start in F1 with no aids.
NAR.F1 driver
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

The Guardian, a british news paper anounce that Alonso signed a contract of 18 500 000.00$ with renault for 2008. If its true, we will know it soon from official source. He have the possibility to leave the team after 2008 if the team dont perform.
NAR.F1 driver
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

Yeah i think end this week it will be anounced, its also heavily rumoured that piquet jr will be his team m8 and Heiki might go to Mclaren.

About the No TC thingy, i hope you guys dont forget that guys like a Rosberg Hamilton and Kovalainen have experience with it in GP2 so who knows what will happen next year. I just hope we gonna see driver errors again :twisted:
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
Dropkick

Post by Dropkick »

Bilbo wrote:
Flow wrote:...both 2 drivers of Williams are confirmed for 2008 (Nico Rosberg + Kazuki Nakajima).
I predict an exodus among Williams' pit crew during the winter... :twisted:
you mean the ones who can still walk :)!
SteveB
NAR administrator

Post by SteveB »

Indeed your right DP.
There is a horsepower difference though,but I also am hoping to see some very exciting races next season.
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Since Renault is not penalized, A french news paper said that Alonso is now a member of Renault team. The same news paper said that it will be official on next monday. We will see if the 'source' is good on next week.
NAR.F1 driver