Pit lane speed

Public topics not directly related to NAR, for example real F1 racing.
killahead
NAR founder

Pit lane speed

Post by killahead »

I was practising at Barcelona just now and noticed that I was driving 97-98km/h in the pit with the speed limiter on. Usually it is 80km/h, right?

Did I miss something? What is the reason for this, is it always like that in Barcelona?
"I saw a red light and chose to stop, someone else saw a red light and chose not to," / Kimi Räikkönen
Kaali

Post by Kaali »

Hi Killahead.

Pitlane speed differs from track to track. Some tracks use 80 kph, others 60 or 100 kph. If FIA believes it's safe to drive more than 80 kph (like they do at Sepang) pitlane speed is max 100 kph. If I remember correctly the pit entrance at Australian track was changed in 2004 to make it possible to drive 100 kph. It used to be very curved but it was straightened back in 2004. I think it's still 60 kph at the Monaco track.
It's not hard, when you know how......
killahead
NAR founder

Post by killahead »

ahhhhh.....ok, yes I knew it was 60km/h in Monaco but I thought that was the only exeption.......thx :wink:
"I saw a red light and chose to stop, someone else saw a red light and chose not to," / Kimi Räikkönen
Paul M

Post by Paul M »

I think Steve B said he increased the pitlane speed for barcelona, to make the exit a little quicker.
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Flow »

i have no problem with the speed of pit. Yes i find it faster than usual, but i felt was not realy a problem since its not same for tracks like kaaly said. The important is that the speed is same for all. I didnt test monaco, but at monaco its suppose to be the place with the slowest pit speed.
NAR.F1 driver
carrera

Post by carrera »

I say we just drop the pit speed altogether.Can you imagine just getting filled with fuel ,then pulling out and getting hit by a car doing 200 miles an hour.That would be so damn cool eh?.Unfortunately it would also end your race right there.One thing for sure though.It would make the coolest replay ever..hahahahaha...Ok..pipe dream..60kph in monaco is slow but safe.It would make no difference really if it was slower or faster as everybody would have to do that same speed.Oh and by the way.It pays to be nice.How do I know??.I just got a car given to me yesterday..yes given.A nice lady I do computer work for gave me a mint condition Audi 4000 s.Five cylinder,silver,and low miles.Now thats a prize I intend to keep.
p.s.I've driven alot of cars on the highway before but nothing comapres to this Audi.Those germans can sure build a car right.wheeeeeee
carrera 8) 8) 8)
Quote"Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'NO!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer .The end""
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Hey Carrera, in your avatar pict, is that RC yours?
NAR.F1 driver
Motorhead

Post by Motorhead »

I was just about to tell him the same question too. But it looks like you won this race Flow, congrads :P
carrera

Post by carrera »

OOps yes it is.It s a 1/8th scale mclaren and I bought it where my daughter works in the mall.I can barely keep the frikkin wheels from spinning.Made in China but built like a brick shithouse.I got it for 80% off so I couldn't resist.Thats also where I bought my pocket bike for 60% off.I am going to go and get the matching renault as well so I can race my son in the underground parking lot just a few blocks from here.Ya gotta have toys to make life fun eh?..LOL...
carrera 8) 8) 8)
Quote"Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'NO!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer .The end""
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

I raced in a Nastruck Rc league few year ago. I did it for 2 years, was just great fun. Those toys were more Adult toy. was costing 40$/month only on tire. Need battery for 3 qualif and 1 race at 80$/battery. We were driving on a Oval inside track.

I sold all those Rc stuff, but i still keep my Rc Ferrari Gilles Vilneuve...
NAR.F1 driver