Schumi too old?

Public topics not directly related to NAR, for example real F1 racing.
TheGrumble

Schumi too old?

Post by TheGrumble »

http://f1.racing-live.com/f1/en/headlin ... 5255.shtml

I have heard recent noise suggesting that Schumi is starting to show his age. I personally do not think so. The other teams have finally just caught up with Ferrari after so many years of success. I would not count ferrari out yet.

However, I am a Mclaren fan (the car ... not Ron or his people :P ).

But what do you think?
klaaz

Post by klaaz »

in 3 weeks is the next GP masters with the oldies, we can see if age really matters again :)

http://f1.racing-live.com/f1/en/headlin ... 2134.shtml
Ruben Miranda
Favorite team: Ferrari

Humm

Post by Ruben Miranda »

Hello
Well there is some truth in there and some bull IMO :lol:
Take the part where MS goes in to the Toyota garage well after hitting the wall like that your brain is going to be rattled no matter who you are.

Ferrari as you can see are still struggling
Being that as it may I still think MS is still the best out there. But with age and the fact that the car is not up to the challenge comes the fact that he is very frustrated. You can see that he want to win so much and he is pushing the car beyound what it can actully do at the moment.

I guess what I mean is that the driver is to good for the car.

Hitman 8)
I might not be fast, But I am ahead of you.
Ruben Hitman Miranda
Steve

Post by Steve »

I think he still has some good years left, he IS the best there is now, just needs a little better car, and he'll be winning again
I may be slow, but at least I'm consistantly slow !
TheGrumble

Post by TheGrumble »

I have to agree that the cars have become more significant these days than the driver. Look at Massa. He is now in a Ferrari compared to Sauber last year and is showing some speed, too much speed in some cases, but in all his game has moved to a new level. He almost took pole in Bahrain! It is all about the ride.
TheGrumble

Post by TheGrumble »

in 3 weeks is the next GP masters with the oldies, we can see if age really matters again

http://f1.racing-live.com/f1/en/headlin ... 2134.shtml
I guess we have a senior tour in racing now. As long as there are quick, senile and brave it should be fun to follow.
Craig Cookson
Favorite team: NAR

Post by Craig Cookson »

I think the Bahrain qual/race proves that he isn't too old, but even then there were signs of how the other teams have caught up. What Renault and Alonso did (coming out just in front of Michael after the final stop) - that is the type of precision strategy Ferrari were always best known for.

Imola is next and apparently Ferrari have an engine and aero upgrade for that race... plus they wont make the same mistake with tyres that they did in Melbourne (taking tyres that were too hard). On top of that Michael has always been particularly stunning at Imola so I'm really hoping to see Ferrari winning again.

Craig.
klaaz

Post by klaaz »

TheGrumble wrote: I guess we have a senior tour in racing now. As long as there are quick, senile and brave it should be fun to follow.
last year the first gpmasters was fun too watch, dont expect spectaculair crashes as the oldies raced eachother with the most respect ,almost like in NAR hahaha.

for the lovers of clean racing its a"must see" imo
Ruben Miranda
Favorite team: Ferrari

Oh yes

Post by Ruben Miranda »

Hello All

ForthRight wrote:
Imola is next and apparently Ferrari have an engine and aero upgrade for that race... plus they wont make the same mistake with tyres that they did in Melbourne (taking tyres that were too hard). On top of that Michael has always been particularly stunning at Imola so I'm really hoping to see Ferrari winning again.
Oh yes Imola
Well if the race there this year is anything like last year where Alonso and MS go at it and watching Alonso holding off MS for the win.
Yes it should be a great race.

Alot of people are still doubting Alonso Talent :shock: Yet he is 2 wins and a 2nd place this season. And the way he held off MS at Bahrain there are not to many drivers in F1 that could do that.

Hitman
I might not be fast, But I am ahead of you.
Ruben Hitman Miranda