OFFICIAL TEST DAY FEBRUARY 26

Public topics not directly related to NAR, for example real F1 racing.
killahead
NAR founder

OFFICIAL TEST DAY FEBRUARY 26

Post by killahead »

It time for the 2nd official test day. NAR Members have recieved an email about this, if you didnt get an email please send me a private message with your emailadress.

Non-NAR-members, people who want to try the mod or/and want to drive in a league using this mod, this is a good oportunity to meet NAR with their drivers on track and ask questions about joining the league etc.

We will use the same track as last sundays test wich was Suzuka. All files needed can be found in the thread "NAR server test and required files/mods" here in the Open forum.

Starting time for the test is also the same as last time:
Euro: 20:00 CET
NA: 8 pm EST

Spread the word on forums and among friends so we can have as many drivers as possible on the grid. The test will be more useful if we can have 15-20 drivers online.

Hope to see you there
/ Martin
"I saw a red light and chose to stop, someone else saw a red light and chose not to," / Kimi Räikkönen
carrera

Post by carrera »

In the process of spreading the word as I type wuuu huuuuu.
carrera 8) 8) 8)
Quote"Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'NO!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer .The end""

Post by Guest »

this time i'll be there :D
Drago(ITA)

Post by Drago(ITA) »

Sorry, i forgot to login before answer lol.
Anyway i'll be there :D

Post by Guest »

i might have a problem.
i am not sure but i think A1GP @mexico sprint or feature race will be around that time.

as i am checking... indeed

20.20-21.15 Sprintrace LIVE
21.45-23.20 Hoofdrace LIVE

so ill be early and inbetween and maybe after but defenetly not in the windows above, caus i expect to sit on da couch with towels under my armpits again ....lol
klaaz

Post by klaaz »

Drago(ITA) wrote:Sorry, i forgot to login before answer lol.
Anyway i'll be there :D
whahaha me too lol not used to posting in open forum much :)
TheGrumble

Post by TheGrumble »

NAR I would like to meet everyone but the link provided for F1_Champion mod v1.04 does not have the file any more. The yousendit.com site say the file has expired. Any chance someone can provide an alternate link for tomorrow's meet?
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

2010 NA div. Admin
TheGrumble

Post by TheGrumble »

Thanks for the link.

However, something is up with the suzuka track. The track start loading up as usual but when the green bar gets to the end it just seems to hang there. It would not go to the track even after 10 minutes. :x

What is really strange is that taskmanger shows me that rfactor is spinning at 100% of the CPU. Which is bad... I was able to load other tracks that I currently have with the new F1C mod so the mod works fine. Has anyone hit this issue before. It would suck to miss out on tomorrow.
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Flow »

the only thing i can say to help you out, i had the same problem at barhein, but only when my graphic were all full. I put them to medium and it went fine. If it may help you. If not, then someone esle will cetainly be able to help you more.

Hope to cya tonight
NAR.F1 driver
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

If you have/had another version of Suzuka, delete them all and extract this one again. Also, make sure you "preserve directories" when extracting. Once extracted, you should have something like "<rFactor>/GameData/Locations/Suzuka/Suzuka".
2010 NA div. Admin
TheGrumble

Post by TheGrumble »

Thanks guys for the help.

I was able to resolve the problem exactly as Bilbo described. So all is well. See you on the track.

I will need some pointers on using the clutch though. That is the only aid I usually have enabled but I think I can live without it.
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Hehe, if you're about to crash or stall, use your clutch button/pedal before it's too late. When things "stabilize", give a bit of gas and release the clutch button. If you happen to stall the engine and the car is not too damaged, you just put the transmission to neutral and some magical sprites will restart the engine.

For the start, push the clutch button, shift to 1st gear, give some gas and release the clutch at the green light. What happens next depends on how you use the throttle pedal...
2010 NA div. Admin
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Who is going to host tonights test? Bilbo? Just want to make shure we have one up, im not realy affraid of my connection, but not shure my computer can handle a full grid.
NAR.F1 driver
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

I have a dedicated server opne untill i will join later, we can start on mine and switch later to another computer/server.

Server : http://www.noaidsracing.tk NA
Password : (no password)
Track : Japan
NAR.F1 driver
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

SteveB is supposed to host tonight's test. I was going to be the backup server in case of problem but since I've already been 'tested', you can do it. I'll just be the last resort backup hoping it does not come to that.
2010 NA div. Admin
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

K, i change the name for 'NAR server test NA' and wait untill SteveB shows up to host his own server test.
NAR.F1 driver
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Thanks to everyone who participated in today's server tests.

We managed to get up to 19 concurrent drivers in the NA test, with the help of what I would now call (despite some tensions when we switched servers) our VenezuelaF1 friends. A big thank you to all of them and to SirStillSmokingALot (I believe) for referring them to us.

The server tests have been quite useful in providing a few things to be careful about when setupping a server and showing that with rFactor, the bottleneck is now the driver's (client) PC, not the server. Looks like not everybody's PC can handle having so many cars around at race start (in particular), even with low details. Let's hope Limpy's new lower-res textures can help those a bit...
2010 NA div. Admin
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

I must agree, was a blast. my low PC show me that i cant host more than 10 driver, up of that, ping are getting bad. In bilbo "bomb" server computer, its was nice, no lag, no problem for me.

I solve my wheel lag problem by change my video card, and tonight i was driving with low graphic, but texture to medium and shadow off, set the max visible driver to 6, just to be shure. on start my fps was 35, what was way enough.

Was realy fun.
NAR.F1 driver
carrera

Post by carrera »

I saw no visible lag tonite on Bilbos kickass server.My monitor went out of sync range and I had to reboot.I could not get back in because the race was being restarted constantly.Still was fun even though there were a few collisions and such.Many races going on in the race itself.I got rammed off the road at the very start by one venezuelan guy and he got mad at someone else for hitting him in first corner.Flow reminded us all that this was a test and there was no real trophy up for grabs for the winner..awwww...The rest of the races went pretty damn good after that.I was paying more attention to how good the cars looked than driving..LOL....pings were reasonable too.I felt kinda bad for Steve b as he had formation lap on and full flags.ALot of negative feedback on that.Hope he didn't take that to heart as it was no big deal.All in all a good test and yes it seems the lowend machines can cause lag with low framerate.that sux.Everyone upgrade quick..LMAO....
carrera 8) 8) 8)
Quote"Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'NO!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer .The end""