BMW release theyr new car today

Public topics not directly related to NAR, for example real F1 racing.
carrera

Post by carrera »

WHoa MEO,
I hope this is just smoke from another fire or someone in your life just pissing you off.I sincerely apologize if I did anything to offend you.Your comments are always noted and welcome here in NAR.Any negative comments usually stem from problems in real life.You have already proven you can design some kickass cars in rfactor from the start.We all accept that you want to do the rfactor thing the right way without cheating.Very noble on your part.Since we are not all from the same areas our opinions differ alot.Killa is right though.It would suck if you were not here...that is the truth.
carrera 8) 8) 8)
Quote"Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'NO!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer .The end""
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Flow »

Vilneuve said he was realy proud of his new BMW-Sauber car. Up to now, hes the fastest guy on test track with a V8, compare to other V8. Only 2 V10 was faster than Vilneuve. Yes its too soon to make final conclusion, but its looking pretty good.

Schumy is fatster on the V8 compare to Massa on the V10, hehe... experience!

M. Schumacher V8 1:18.958
F. Massa sur V10 - 1:19.059

Official testing time:

Ref. week of Jan 16, 06 Jerez
Button 1 :18.795
Trulli 1 :18.657
Dela Rosa 1.18.850

second week
Ref. week of Jan 23, 06
Villeneuve 1 :17.242 only one under 1 :18
Paffett 1 :18.006
De la Rosa 1 :18.247
Heidfeld 1 :18.471
Etc...
NAR.F1 driver
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

It's great news but you gotta take those test times with a grain of salt...

Many of the teams are doing "tyre development" and most are just trying to get real-life data to adjust their simulations (or judge them) and make better setups during the season. And I'm sure the top teams are going "restricted" so as not to show their competitors just how good (or not) they are.
2010 NA div. Admin
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

How yes, i forgot to finish my post saying, its only testing, i wish it was a qualification session. I will keep those time noted, cause i cant say that il be able to post again that Vilneuve is fast, :wink: , will see...
NAR.F1 driver
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

2010 NA div. Admin
Kaali

Post by Kaali »

Looking at those times f1racing posted Ferrari looks very strong but they used a F2004M chassis which has the old diffuser that produces to a great degree more downforce and the chassis hasn't been modified much (adapted to new gear box and new engine). You might also give some credit to the Bridgestone tyres who inevitable must have improved alot. On top of that Ferrari's engine should be very strong. Pedro de la Rosa has told newspapers that he followed Schumacher around at Jerez track using a V10 while Schumacher was using the V8 engine and Pedro was really impressed by the Ferrari's potential.
So Ferrari tested the v8 i a 2004M chassis but nevertheless Alonso has said that Michelin must act up if Ferrari should not dominate 2006 season.

[edit]
Underlined by todays Barca test.
Tuesday times from Barcelona (24th jan '06)

1. GENE Ferrari 1m16.582s
2. VILLENEUVE BMW 1m17.615s
3. MONTOYA McLaren 1m17.636s
4. PAFFETT McLaren 1m17.797s
5. HEIDFELD BMW 1m18.405s
6. DOORNBOS Red Bull 1m19.104s
source: http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=34906

Autosport.com writes today that the new Ferrari will be tested along with the other teams for two days this week @ Barca. 8) Will be exciting to see how fast it will be in a clean 2006 config.
It's not hard, when you know how......
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Go on : http://www.bmw-sauber-f1.com/en/index.html and click on the right on : Roll out of the BMW Sauber F1.06, its a video of the 1st time out on track (for the Press)

Nice sound
NAR.F1 driver
meoPHOENIX

Post by meoPHOENIX »

https://shop.bmwgroup.com/is-bin/INTERS ... yName=LIFE

darlings ... I start to believe that it will not be that wrong what I am going to do ;)

... have a nice day! ... have fun! I DO!!!

:twisted: meo :twisted:
I'll fly till I'm burned! BURN BABY BURN! lol lool loool looool loooool loool looool loooool loooooo...
don't fear - track taxis! take it to die in green hell for sure!
Kaali

Post by Kaali »

Wednesday jan 25th @ Barca.

1. Felipe Massa (Ferrari) B 1'15.664
2. Fernando Alonso (Renault) M 1'16.200
3. Jenson Button (Honda) M 1'16.642
4. Giancarlo Fisichella (Renault) M 1'16.728
5. Nick Heidfeld (BMW) M 1'17.046
6. Jarno Trulli (Toyota) B 1'17.068
7. Oliver Panis (Toyota) B 1'17.422
8. Juan Pablo Montoya (McLaren) M 1'17.481
9. Rubens Barrichello (Honda) M 1'17.560
10. Scott Speed (ToroRosso) M 1'18.092
11. Gary Paffett (McLaren) M 1'18.247
12. David Coulthard (Red Bull) M 1'19.460
13. Robert Kubica (BMW) M 1'20.441

Stop using that car Ferrari :!: :evil: :roll: :lol: :wink:

Looking good for the rest of '06 spec cars 8) .
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

I just read tha Massa was on the new ferrari, but didnt have the new wing regulation set on his car. So hes 06 car, but 05 wings.
NAR.F1 driver
Kaali

Post by Kaali »

Hhmm, you better check your sources Flow. Massa used F2004(M?) today with V8.
Old Ferrari fastest as new Honda breaks cover

Felipe Massa set the pace in a 2004 Ferrari fitted with a V8 engine today while Renault and Honda were the fastest of the 2006 cars on the third day of teting this week at the Circuit de Catalunya near Barcelona.
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Well yes its the V8, but not with the 06 rules of aérodynamic.

«Le Brésilien pilotait cependant une F2004 dont l'aérodynamique n'a pas subi les modifications imposées par la FIA, ce qui constituait un avantage.» http://www.rds.ca/f1/chroniques/196509.html (french:roll: )

Il translated the best i can:
"The Brezilian was driving a F2004 that the areodynamic was not adapt to the modification set by the FIA, what was an advantage." They also noted that McLaren (Montoya) was not even close to the leaders time...

I dont think they will be that slower with new wing rules, they are still consider to be fast.
NAR.F1 driver
Kaali

Post by Kaali »

Flow wrote:I dont think they will be that slower with new wing rules, they are still consider to be fast.
As a hardcore Ferrari fan I really wish they will find their true pace again for this season.

I am pretty confident that you will see a drop time-wise when they begin to use 248 F1. Rivals and FIA have done pretty much to get Ferrari and Bridgestone down with all sorts of regulations;

2003:
New points system introduced: Points for top eight finishers instead of top six finishers.

Parc fermé introduced.

3rd car rule introduced.

I have to admit that 2003 was a exciting year. Drivers Championship won in the very last race. Damn cool!

2004:
1 lap qualification introduced.

The number of tyres limited.

In 2004 all sorts of new regulations were also introduced but that was not to get Ferrari and B-stone. It was more a general thing to limit the never ending expenses and a try to slow down speed in F1:

Each engine must last for two complete Events.

Automatic Gearboxes and Launch Control banned but Traction Control allowed.

Pit to Car telemetry banned but Car to Pit telemetry allowed.

2005:
One set of tyres must complete qualifying and the race.

Bodywork Changes to the bodywork (aerodynamics) to raise the front wing, bring the rear wing forward, reduce the diffuser height and cut back the bodywork in front of the rear wheels. That is why F2004 is faster Flow :wink:

That is what I can cough up atm. I am pretty sure I have forgotten something. Summa summarum it's great that we didn't experience a 15 out of 16 races win like Ferrari did in 2002 (9 1-2 wins), 15 out of 18 races win in 2004 (8 1-2 wins). Gets too boring when they domintate like that. Last season Toyota nearly became 3rd in Constructors if it wasn't for the farce race at Indy but instead Ferrari claimed that 3rd place and the only win for the red team...and what a "win"!

Even though it was good for the F1 sport not to have a Ferrari dominance last season and others became champions I would love to see Ferrari win some races again in 2006 season. :D
killahead
NAR founder

Post by killahead »

Wow....we have a mysterious "Guest" poster...... :shock: :wink:

who are you, friend?
"I saw a red light and chose to stop, someone else saw a red light and chose not to," / Kimi Räikkönen