rF2 update

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
Bilbo
NAR administrator

rF2 update

Post by Bilbo »

For those interested, rFactor2 beta Build 85 is now available as Torrent files (HTTP and auto-update are supposed to be up tomorrow). If you had a full Build 69 installation, you need to update the game itself and 3 of the car mods. There is also a new car series mod available (Formula ISI Masters).

Get it all HERE! (the changelog is just lower down that same thread)

My rF2 server (down right now) should be updated and running in a couple of hours or so after this post. I'll try to set my rF1 server up for the mod Neo posted at the same time (sorry for the delay).
2010 NA div. Admin
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Re: rF2 update

Post by Bilbo »

A new update is available for rF2, build 90 (Torrents only as I write this). 1960's F1s mod is also updated (adds Brabham BT20). Same link as above.

The "NAR Practice" server is up with the new version (still running the Formula ISI mod).
2010 NA div. Admin
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

For those interested, build 101 for rF2 is now available (Torrents only for now). The Renault Clio mod has also been released some time ago.

My server should be up with the Clios a few hours after this post (gotta do something else right now).
2010 NA div. Admin
Scott Beck
Favorite team: Ferrari
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Scott Beck »

Already have 101 installed. RF2 just keeps getting better and better. I really love that 88 Senna mod. It just needs more cars now.
Scott Beck
Visit http://www.rothmans-racing.com for Some Classic Info
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

RF2 Build 107 has just been released. Only the core game is updated, nothing new or updated in the car or track packages.

The NAR Practice server will be up with the new version a few minutes after this post.
2010 NA div. Admin
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

New official series available for rF2: FIA Formula Two Williams JPH1B. Download from the usual place.

The "NAR Practice" server will be running those F2s later tonight, as soon as I find time to install...
2010 NA div. Admin
Steve

Post by Steve »

It's a fun car to drive, my only problem with it is the FFB in turns, too "light" But, other than that, a really cool car...
I may be slow, but at least I'm consistantly slow !
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

rF2 build 118 has been released and is installed on the "NAR Practice" server.

Sorry for the delay, I was away from home for the last few days for a corporate event.
2010 NA div. Admin
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

rF2 build 125 has been released, along with the Skip Barber Formula 2000 series and Lime Rock Park track.

It's being installed on the "NAR Practice" server as I write this (so give it a few minutes! :wink: )
2010 NA div. Admin
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

I'm a couple of days late about it but rF2 build 134 has been released and is installed on the NAR Practice server. No new cars or tracks this time.
2010 NA div. Admin
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

You should put up the F2 cars, to be honest the Skip Barber cars are a bit lame .... read to slow for us F1 addicts.

I have been doing some F2 the last few days and actualy ran into roadrunner (old member here) and was realy cool to do some laps togheter. Also spended some time on the NAR server before with the skippys but didnt see anyone of you haha.... anyway it would be cool to get togheter on track again and have some fun togheter right.

Actualy i think rF2 is gonna take a flight in 2013 they released some good updates lately and with some new updates upcomming, and once the community starts to spit out more content people will start to use it more to now. From what i have seen so far rF2 is finaly getting at the point that it can be used for league racing. Only negative downpart is that it stays an fps hog though.

Hope to cu you guys on track soon. :wink:
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Yeah, I saw you in the server logs some weeks ago and today but you're on when I'm either at work or sleeping... :P Not that I'm racing much these days anyways (certainly not as much as I'd like).

I generally put the last released cars/tracks on the server in the hope of keeping the NAR name alive or at least known in as many minds as possible. Judging from the hits on the NAR server only, the F2s were probably the biggest hit of the recent cars, if you figure both the number of concurrent drivers (often >10 at a time, dozens in total per day) and the number of days there were a lot of drivers. The skippies had a lot of drivers in the first days but it fell flat with the last rF2 update, although that could also be the holidays effect...

I might put the F2s back in until something new gets released. Thanks for sharing your opinion and hopefully we'll meet again on the track!
2010 NA div. Admin
Steve

Post by Steve »

The Formula Renault 3.5 cars are good too, MUCH better after a few updates, the only thing lacking in them to ME is the internal sounds, hopefully they will fix those in an update soon. At first, they were like driving on ice, but now they have the grip you'd expect from a car like this. Still challenging, but not insanely slippery like they were at first.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Corvette C6-R GT2 car available now http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/rf2dl/chevro ... ette-c6-r/
Steve

Post by Steve »

A few screens of the new Corvette at Malaysia...

Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Thanks Steve, looks good!

I'll have to look at making a vmod to use this car component on my server. Any suggestions on appropriate stock tracks to use for this beast ?
2010 NA div. Admin
Steve

Post by Steve »

Limerock is fun with it, and Mid Ohio by Virtua LM. someone converted Orchard Lake to RF2, and I did a race there, was a good fit too..
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

Cant wait to burn down some rubber with this beast. :mrgreen:

Atm im just waiting on my new wheel. T500 with a modded addon ferrari wheel. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
And im rebuilding my rig, once done ill make some pictures. :wink:

Little teaser. >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-Dl01SY ... r_embedded
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
Steve BB
Favorite team: Ferrari
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Steve BB »

I had found one online and it was a perfect replica of the 2010 Ferrari steering wheel. I sent the maker of this wheel an email asking how much he was selling them for and he replied $650.00 Canadian plus shipping I replied Thank you... but.... No Thank you!!!

It was a beautiful wheel with ALL fully functional buttons and dials on the steering wheel.
aawil

Post by aawil »

dutch power wrote:Cant wait to burn down some rubber with this beast. :mrgreen:

Atm im just waiting on my new wheel. T500 with a modded addon ferrari wheel. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
And im rebuilding my rig, once done ill make some pictures. :wink:

Little teaser. >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-Dl01SY ... r_embedded

That wheel is pretty awesome.