rF2 update

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Re: rF2 update

Post by Bilbo »

rF2 build 156 was released today. No other new content. I have reactivated my server (NAR Practice) tonight as I had taken it down due to excessive crashing (every few hours) with the previous build. Hopefully whatever was wrong with the dedi server in build 146 has been fixed in build 156!

It's running the Formula2 right now but I'll set up a vmod with the 'Vette this weekend.
2010 NA div. Admin
Steve

Post by Steve »

http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/rf2dl/maruss ... orth-mr01/ <----- Marussia F1 2012 released

Also, f1ligue has released a 2013 F1 mod, but you have to buy it, it cost $2.36 for me ( 2 euros ) Pretty nice mod if you ask me..

http://www.f1ligue.fr/product/f1l013rf2
I may be slow, but at least I'm consistantly slow !
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Woohoo, thanks for the info Steve. I was sick last week and only checked the rF2 site on Friday and nothing was out yet...

I'm gonna set the NAR server up with the Marussia in a few minutes after this post.

If you guys want to run a few fun events (or even a mini-season), just let me know and I'll set things up!
2010 NA div. Admin
Steve BB
Favorite team: Ferrari
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Steve BB »

Hi Guys,

I haven't bought rFactor 2 yet.

If and when I buy it will I have to do all these downloads or do you think they will be all rolled into 1 new download??
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Steve BB wrote:If and when I buy it will I have to do all these downloads or do you think they will be all rolled into 1 new download??
If you buy it right now, you'll have a small download for the main game and will have to download the extra cars/series/tracks separately. ISI are currently working on "repackaging" their stuff so that it will be easier to just download the cars and tracks you want (if you don't want it all in one go or have to get a car series to get a particular track as is currently the case) and they will also make a "full installer" for peopple like you who want it all together (that is rumored to be around ~2GB). All this has been announced within the last couple of weeks or so and has been promised to be available "soon".

The official Silverstone track is also said to be close to release. 8)

With the release of modern F1 cars (official and mods), rF2 is getting much more interesting IMHO. I just wish I had more time to actually play with it!
2010 NA div. Admin
Steve

Post by Steve »

One of the game developers tweeted that they had two builds they were working on, one was almost 2 gb, and the other was around 300 MB, so I am thinking maybe they were thinking of including all of their content in one download. But as it is right now, you install the main client, then ALL cars and tracks ( or series ) are separate downloads. Once you get the hang of it, it isn't hard to install content, but one all inclusive DL would be more convenient in my opinion.
Steve BB

Post by Steve BB »

Thanks for the info guys.

I have been looking online and trying to teach myself on how to get tracks into rF2 but it is a very long process and would take at least 1 year to get them all in at my pace. It definately would be a FULL time job IMO to get them in sooner.

I found one tutorial and it started out to look cut and dry but then he started working on all the reflctions and added textures etc. and I thought ........mmmmmmm.......maybe not!!

I'll see if I feel adventurous in the coming months.

Miss you guys, hope all is well :D :D
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

In the past days, ISI have released updates to the Malaysia (Sepang) and Lime Rock tracks along with updated Renault Clio cars. All these are now individual "components", meaning you don't have to download tracks to get the cars and vice versa.

The "NAR Practice" server has just been updated to use the new Malaysia (v1.4) with the recently-released Marussia MR01 F1 cars (v1.0).
2010 NA div. Admin
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

RF2 build 198 was released today as an auto-update. Also, new "core" (no mod included) and "sampler" installers were released, the latter including the Corvette C6R, Marussia F1, Renault Clio, Lime Rock Park and Malaysia GP track. It's not a demo though as it clearly says that "Purchase still required"...

The NAR server has been updated.
2010 NA div. Admin
Steve BB

Post by Steve BB »

I read on another sim website that in this update that rain was enabled. I thought that was already done with the release of rF2. :oops:
Steve

Post by Steve »

Rain has been in since the first build, this build has rain SPRAY, but, it is NOT finalized, it looks pretty weak right now, but they were very clear about it NOT being finished..

Here is a video showing rain spray. http://youtu.be/gs34ggEOsh4
Steve BB

Post by Steve BB »

Thanks for that Steve-ooooooooo :D

It looks pretty bad unless it was just the vid.

I am surprised it is taking this long for them to complete rF2 and codemasters came out with a complete game and looks much nicer and has a lot more options already in (as I was told)
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Keep in mind that the guys working on rF2 are a pretty small team of about a dozen or so and ISI have to work on other projects (rF Pro, etc.) to keep the money coming in, they're not only working on rF2...
2010 NA div. Admin
Steve BB

Post by Steve BB »

I did not know that Bilbo.
I thought that they were like codemaster and just working on F1 sims :oops: :oops:
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

FYI, both the Corvettte C6R and the Marussia F1 were stealthily updated as part of the "sampler" installer. Links to the updated version components (standalone) have now been posted in the rF2 download sections.

The NAR server will be down until tomorrow night (NA time) and will then be up with the updated components.
2010 NA div. Admin
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Just to let you know that the "NAR Practice" rF2 server was updated to build 218 yesterday. I ended up going with a "Lite Installation" over the old one and cleaning up in the ModManager as I got tired of waiting for an "auto-update" that was not clear if it would ever happen...
2010 NA div. Admin
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

The NAR Practice server has just been (auto-)updated to rF2 build 228.
2010 NA div. Admin
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

There have been a few things released by ISI in the last few days, notably build 240 of rF2, Silverstone track(!!!!), the Skip Barber F2000 cars (updated and now in "component" format) and updates to the Corvette C6R and Lime Rock Park circuit.

The "NAR Practice" server is now set to run the Marussia F1 at Silverstone.
2010 NA div. Admin
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

RF2 Build 300 was released today (just after build 298 came out). Since the previous update, a new track (Autodromo di Mores) and car (Chevrolet Camaro GT3) have been released.

The "NAR Practice" server is updated to build 300 and online with the Marussia F1 and Silverstone . If anyone would like to run something else, let me know!
2010 NA div. Admin