Hello..hello.....hellooooo

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
Steve

Hello..hello.....hellooooo

Post by Steve »

Is anybody home? haha, wow, I can't remember a time when the forum was this dead, what a shame !!
I may be slow, but at least I'm consistantly slow !
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Re: Hello..hello.....hellooooo

Post by Bilbo »

I'm always here, just very busy...

If you guys wanna race something, just say what. I'm not driving much myself these days but I'll be happy to set my server up for (almost) anything and try my best to race with you. I have rF1 and rF2 installed and ready, the server is currently set for the rF2 Nissan cars (370Z +GT-R and compatible ISI tracks).
2010 NA div. Admin
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by SteveB »

Steve wrote:Is anybody home? haha, wow, I can't remember a time when the forum was this dead, what a shame !!
I agree Steve-ooooooooooooooooo this is a shame.
I come in here a lot and this is the first post I've seen in a looooooong time.
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Scott Beck
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Scott Beck »

I also check here at least once a day, it is very quiet. I have moved over to iRacing along with a bunch of my guys. We couldn't get enough drivers to continue with our Rothmans Club Racing using RF1 and RF2 just isn't good enough in my opinion for any kind of league racing yet, so iRacing it is. There is always somewhere to race and plenty of drivers to race with. I always said I would never pay to play, but now that I have iRacing, it is well worth the money. I'm happy I made the switch.
Scott Beck
Visit http://www.rothmans-racing.com for Some Classic Info
Racer
NAR administrator

Post by Racer »

Scott Beck wrote:I also check here at least once a day, it is very quiet. I have moved over to iRacing along with a bunch of my guys. We couldn't get enough drivers to continue with our Rothmans Club Racing using RF1 and RF2 just isn't good enough in my opinion for any kind of league racing yet, so iRacing it is. There is always somewhere to race and plenty of drivers to race with. I always said I would never pay to play, but now that I have iRacing, it is well worth the money. I'm happy I made the switch.
aah nice to see peeps is coming to check, i am also always cheking for some news,ghehe.
can u tel more about iracing, i heard alot but how is it,
physics like rfactor,
what u have to pay,
can u drive F1 also,
how is the chat or comunication with other drivers,
can u get setups from others,
is the cars easy to setup or u have need technician to setup car
what is it that i hear about paying for tracks??
is there leagues or u will be on ure own?
owke enough for now,
sorry for the intorogation ghehheh
tnx cuu
Scott Beck
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Scott Beck »

Well lets see.

I like it. The graphics are great. Cars look really cool plus you can paint them within IR. Tracks look fantastic.
The physics are different than RF, but very good once you get used to them.
IR has a few different plans. Right now they have a 3 month for $12 special going on. I paid $99 less a $25 credit for joining for a year, so $74 in the end. So far I've paid about $250 for what I have now. One other good thing is when an update is released, it's all automatic. You just click a button and everything is installed. No more installing anything manually. Same for cars and tracks you buy. Just pay and go. Very easy.
IR has one F1 car right now. The Williams FW31. I think more F1 cars are on the way.
Chat is pretty good. They have two ways to communicate with other drivers. Text and a voice chat in game. We use TS though because if you use the voice chat while on track everyone on that server can hear you.
Yes you can get setups from others and IR also has basic setups you can use.
The cars are pretty hard to setup. What I mean is they are a lot different than RF. I'm still learning everyday how to setup my cars. I have 17 different cars so far.
You get a few tracks when you join, but yeah you do have to pay for tracks. They are like $15 each. I know, it does add up but I still say it's worth it.
You have to pay for every car you want. You do get a few when you join though, but none of the "good" cars lol. Cars are like $12.
I just read that they are working on leagues. Not sure how that will work yet.

We have about 10 of us from my Club Racing that all have IR now. When a few of us are online, we decide where we want to drive and all join that session.

The one thing I'm not to crazy about is the rating system. They have a drivers rating system for road and oval. You have to have a certain rating to drive certain cars. You can raise your rating by either doing Time Trials or Races. The problem is, it takes a long time and many Time Trials to raise your rating. Another thing is if you crash or go off track in a Time Trial you lose points. So in Time Trials you must stay on track. The other bad thing is if you are in a race and you crash you lose points. You can also lose points if someone else crashes into you. I think that is really unfair, but as long as you know about it and drive IR it's just something you have to live with.

Another thing you can do is host practices and races on the IR servers. It costs $1 for 2 hours or $2 for 4 hours. The servers are great. I've never had any lag at all so far. You can setup races that way if you want. It can either be open to anyone that has the car and track you choose or you can set it up with a password so only people you invite can join.

All in all I'm happy I bought IR. It's fun to drive. You can practice alone or join practice servers any time of the day or night. Right now as I write this post there are 1,629 racers online.

If you have any other questions, I'll try and answer them.
Scott Beck
Visit http://www.rothmans-racing.com for Some Classic Info
Racer
NAR administrator

Post by Racer »

yoo tnx for the info, looking good i must say.
only thing i see is that it wil get a bit expensive, but it sound like worth to try,
ill look into it maybe ill join,
tnx cuu
Last edited by Racer on 17 May 2012, 13:42, edited 1 time in total.
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

I looked into IR myself last holidays, looking in getting maybe a 3 month package with a few road tracks but other than the cost, I realized that, even in my "vacations", I did not race enough anymore to make it worth the investment. Even with rF2 (or any other), I've driven on average 1 hour/month since we last had the last NAR GT events. I remember when I first joined NAR, I was practicing 1h/day on average (and also averaging 1 crash per 5-10 laps but that's another story!).

I'd be happy to set up little events in rF1 or rF2 like we had last summer, even if it's just for fun and meeting you guys again on the track. Just post if you have interest and what you'd like to race. If we're enough (5-6 or more), I'll set it up. My server is pretty much idling right now...
2010 NA div. Admin
Racer
NAR administrator

Post by Racer »

i have a Race Mod, we can try to see if all like it,
Race day same day on saturday,
if there is any changes or ideas we will let now,
i hope u guys like it.

MOD TOURING CAR: ftp://188.165.194.35/MODS%20RFACTOR/TURISMOS/

TRACK PACK TEMPORADA 2012: ftp://188.165.194.35/CIRCUITOS/TRACK%20 ... RISMOS.exe

Race Mod: F1Mallorca Touring Car

Race Day: Saturday

Qualy Time: 22:00 Europe time
Race Time: 22:30
22 CET (10PM) = 16 EDT (4 PM) = 13 PDT (1PM)
That's practically the best we can do for joined-division racing

Duration:
Fuel use: 5X
Tyre use: 4x

Qualy----First: 3 point
Qualy Second: 2 point
Qualy---Third: 1 point

Race Points:
01 - 30 points
02 - 25
03 - 20
04 - 18
05 - 16
06 - 13
07 - 11
08 - 09
09 - 07
10 - 06
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Thanks Neo, getting it right now (slow download). I'll try to set this up sometime tomorrow.
2010 NA div. Admin
aawil

Post by aawil »

No season here this year? Didn't see that coming, I hope all is well.
carrera

Post by carrera »

Hi all,
just to inform you all that I am now running a 100mb down and 10mb upload connection.
basically waiting for rf2 to come out so i can run a server.
check back when i can fellow racers.
carrera 8) 8) 8)
Quote"Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'NO!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer .The end""
Steve

Post by Steve »

Not as good as Carreras, but I FINALLY have true broadband, yippee !!!!!
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Hopefully that speed will propagate to your race car... :P :wink:
2010 NA div. Admin
Steve

Post by Steve »

Haha, not a chance Bilbo, you know me, the NAR "snail"!!! :mrgreen: