Summer Event Driver OnTrack Testing

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
Peter Sojda

Re: Summer Event Driver OnTrack Testing

Post by Peter Sojda »

First try on Brands Hatch long- 1:23.2 (race setup+100% fuel)
SCUDERIA FERRARI F1 TEAM
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

High 22 PB for me after a single practice session (most laps in the 23-24s though, when not stuck in the sand :oops: ). This should be interesting if we don't visit the sand too often...
2010 NA div. Admin
carrera

Post by carrera »

Yep with race fuel in the 23's and 24's as well.
This track doesn't suit my setup like,last track.
Still should be fun driving a totally loose car and maybe i'll be smart and find out where the pit entrance is '''unlike last time
"....How embarassing is that eh? Dohhhhh
carrera 8) 8) 8)
Quote"Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'NO!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer .The end""
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

I will have to miss the race again due to having visitors at home for supper tomorrow. :cry:
2010 NA div. Admin
MrT
Favorite team: Red Bull
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by MrT »

Hope you all have a Happy Laborday weekend .

I will try my best to be there tomorrow .
Racer
NAR administrator

Post by Racer »

We was not enough Drivers for Racing on BrandsHatch, there was alot testing for this track,
so we decide to pospone this Race on brands till next week.
hope to see more drivers on track, :)
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Sorry for not being able to be there today, my visitors just left (it's almost midnight here). I'll be an unknown quantity next week too as I'll be replacing 50 feet of fence in the backyard (a whole side of it) with a neighbor next weekend (if the weather allows) so I'll certainly be racing if it's raining here but most likely not otherwise. :?
2010 NA div. Admin
carrera

Post by carrera »

sorry guys.was out of town and didnt get back in time for race.
will make itnext week though.
carrera 8) 8) 8)
Quote"Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'NO!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer .The end""
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Don't wait for me for the Brands Hatch rerun. The weather here will be just ideal tomorrow for doing fence work (sunny but under 20C) so, as I mentioned earlier, I will have to miss this race. I really hope to be there for the next race though!

Good luck for tomorrow!
2010 NA div. Admin
Racer
NAR administrator

Post by Racer »

looks like the server is not online, we can only hope Bilbo do a chekup on the server, :)
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

You're lucky that I happened to check the forums while taking a break from work outside the house. The server had crashed and has been restarted. Hopefully everything will be fine now. Good luck!
2010 NA div. Admin
Racer
NAR administrator

Post by Racer »

tnx Bilbo, :)
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

What kind of times are you guys doing at the A1-Ring? I've just burned a tank of fuel there and did high 29s-low 30s on good laps, with the feeling I could improve the car since 7th gear was a bit long (I went with my Curitiba set). Are these decent times or not?
2010 NA div. Admin
MrT

Post by MrT »

:mrgreen:
Bilbo wrote:What kind of times are you guys doing at the A1-Ring? I've just burned a tank of fuel there and did high 29s-low 30s on good laps, with the feeling I could improve the car since 7th gear was a bit long (I went with my Curitiba set). Are these decent times or not?

Yes 1:29s ,30s are good , is where I am at . I remember this track from SCGT . :oops:

And do you guys use the Advanced setup guide = (Racer AlexF1 setup guide) or ?
Im thankful for any replys
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Thanks for the feedback.
MrT wrote:And do you guys use the Advanced setup guide = (Racer AlexF1 setup guide) or ?
I read it years ago but I'm not really "using" anything right now as my practice time is not anything near what it used to be and I just evolve/adapt/screw up a "base" set for whatever car I'm driving for whatever track I'm driving it on these days.

I "grew up" in my early no aids F1 racing days with ForthRight's (Craig Cookson) F1 Driving Guide, which I found (and still find) great for not going into too much of the little details and mostly teaching you the "why" rather than the "how".

I'm generally more interested in improving my driving technique than improving the car, that's probably why I often have unoptimized setups but can often bring them to the end of races even with (reasonable) damage...

For real books about driving technique, I can't recommend ENOUGH the first couple of books in the Speed Secrets series by Ross Bentley (~15$ each @ amazon) or, for a more "textbook" approach, Going Faster! by Carl Lopez (which is actually a textbook for the Skip Barber racing school).
Last edited by Bilbo on 17 Sep 2011, 00:15, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: ooops: ... can't recommend ENOUGH ...
2010 NA div. Admin
MrT

Post by MrT »

:mrgreen:
Thanks Bilbo and know what you mean ! I almost always try to adjust ,react , overcompensate and crash :roll:

The default sets are really the best in my little opinion . But some tracks they dont seem to suit my bad driving and equipment . .... hehehe.

Speed Geezers Guide to GTR and Rfactor is pretty good as well . Practice on the track with other cars is the best . When
we all have the time . Which is short supply these days ...
Bye gotta run 4 now
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Bilbo wrote:For real books about driving technique, I can't recommend ENOUGH the first couple of books in the Speed Secrets series by Ross Bentley
Re-reading myself, I realize that I forgot to put the "ENOUGH" in the above sentence of my previous post, which changes the meaning quite drastically! :oops: The Speed Secrets series (at least the first couple of books, I haven't read the others yet) is really a great and easy read! 8)
2010 NA div. Admin
Peter Sojda

Post by Peter Sojda »

Maybe we can try for next race weekend endurance series mod : http://www.enduracers.com/downloads_es.html
It's more popular mod than Xtreme FIA GT, so maybe we can find more drivers ?

You can download it from this http://www.ausgamers.com/files/details/html/56063
SCUDERIA FERRARI F1 TEAM
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

You guys try it and if there's agreement around the mod THEN I'll set it up on the server. Thanks for your comprehension.
2010 NA div. Admin
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

No comments? So I guess nobody likes that mod? At this point, I think we may be better to have this weekend's race on the old mod and contemplate the mod change (if people actually want it) for the next race after? What do you guys think?

I'm just not looking into switching mods on the server every other week so that's why I'm gauging interest before doing any mod switch...
2010 NA div. Admin