NAR administrator

Re: Nar Summer Events

Post by Racer »

sorry guys, i fall asleep, :( :(
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Reminder: the Donington race is tomorrow (Saturday, Oct. 15th).
2010 NA div. Admin
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

The server replay and results files for summer event #7 - Donington - can be downloaded here:

Qual results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... n_Qual.xml
Race results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... n_Race.xml
Replays: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... ington.zip (7.4MB, contains race and qual. replays)
Web-stats: Click here for stats!

Congrats to Carrera for the win and thanks all who participated! See you at Zandvoort on Oct. 29th! 8)
2010 NA div. Admin
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Here is the fix for the Zandvoort track included in the track pack. Extract and replace the existing file with this one. It should be in "<rFactor>\GameData\Locations\ZandvoortDTM\ZandvoortDTM\".
Attachments
ZandvoortDTM.zip
(1.57 KiB) Downloaded 900 times
2010 NA div. Admin
carrera

Post by carrera »

Good race.
After turning into Bilbo at the hairpin(didnt see you in time).
The hit made my car faster in a straight line.I was just flyin down those straights after that.
Peter wasnt letting me go either..LOL...so I was very nervous.
At the end of the race steve spun in front of me and I t-boned him.
Steering was fine but now my car was even faster in a straight line yet again.
I think we should all just turn left and hit the wall then back up and start.
We'd be way faster...:-)
carrera 8) 8) 8)
Quote"Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'NO!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer .The end""
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

carrera wrote:After turning into Bilbo at the hairpin(didnt see you in time).
No worries, it is me who should apologize. I wasn't trying to pass you, I was just trying not to crash into you in the braking zone. Despite my trying to be safe and starting to brake earlier than you, you managed to lose speed faster than me and I had to evade rear-ending you but it ended up Liuzzi-style in the grass (@Monza 2011). I wasn't sure who I hit before I watched the replay, so sorry for not apologizing before.

My race was decent except for the first few laps and the last few laps where I made many mistakes, the biggest near the end when I spun out of the very last turn and was sent crashing in the pits. Not only did I hit the wall there, I got a stop-go penalty for going over the pit speed limit. To add insult to injury, I had changed my gearing a bit before the race and was going to be a couple of liters short of being able to complete my last lap so I had to stop again for a splash and go at the very end of the race.

Still had some nice moments with Steve, Neo and Erick Czakoi who was pretty clean with drivers around.
2010 NA div. Admin
Steve

Post by Steve »

Yeah, I managed to keep you behind me for a few laps Bilbo, but your speed eventually got the better of me, haha, and Carrera, that last turn incident was totally my fault, sorry m8, I'm just glad you suffered no terminal damage.
I may be slow, but at least I'm consistantly slow !
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by SteveB »

Hi Guys,
Sounds like you guys are having a lot of fun with the mod and the races.
I wish I could join you but I am having some ugly computer issues and I would rather wait for
a few months and just do the upgrade that I want to do for next season......I hope there is one!!!

GOOD LUCK to all !!!!
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

carrera

Post by carrera »

Also racers .I just read that rft 2011 final will be realeased in 64 days.
Hopefully it will be a good mod.
carrera 8) 8) 8)
Quote"Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'NO!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer .The end""
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by SteveB »

FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

I'll be away from home with no internet for the next couple of days so if the practice server crashes, I won't be around to fix it. I will be back on Saturday a few hours before the race so the server will be ready for this weekend's event at Zandvoort in time, don't worry.

I'm not sure yet if I'll be able to participate in this event or not though... :?
2010 NA div. Admin
Mr G

Post by Mr G »

Sorry guys will miss race tonight not feeling to good :(
NAR Vodafone McLaren Mercedes

Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

The server is ready for today's race.

I will most likely miss the race too unless I can free myself at the last minute. Don't wait for me if I'm not there at race time.
2010 NA div. Admin
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

The Event at Zandvoort has been postponed to next week, Saturday November 5th, by agreement among the drivers at the track today.

I'm likely to be there next week.
2010 NA div. Admin
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

The practice server is now back after being down most of the day. I had a little scare when it refused to boot up after a little power outage this morning, before I realized it was just the BIOS battery needing replacement (this being a ~10 years old computer) and the BIOS settings needing to be redone. whew!

All is fine now until the next power outage (at which time I'll put in the replacement battery).
2010 NA div. Admin
carrera

Post by carrera »

yo bilbo......i have been there and done that.its a good idea to reaquainte yourself with the old bios,s anyway.
my computers average about 8 years on the battery before bios reset.
carrera 8) 8) 8)
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

There have been some more issues with the server since yesterday that I'll try to work out tonight. Stay tuned...
2010 NA div. Admin
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Well, it looks like the race server, after being good to us for so long, is finally not going to recover as the problems are increasingly pointing to a damaged motherboard (not just the battery which has been replaced already)... :(

As I'm out of leftover PCs at this time, unless someone else wants to host, I will try to host this Saturday's event on the same PC that I will play on, as in the good old F1C days. We'll see how it goes (should be fine)...

I will build myself a new gaming PC in the coming weeks (I had planned to do it for early next year for rf2 so I'll just try to hurry things up) and my current PC could become the new server after that but we may have to go through a few (possibly) sub-optimal events in the meantime.
2010 NA div. Admin
carrera

Post by carrera »

i have 3 extra gamers in the basement with extra ram.
my speed is 25 mbs down and 2 up.
soon to be 50 down.hopefully within 2 weeks....
i will set it up tonite to see if its fast enough.
carrera 8) 8) 8)
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Your connection is more than fast enough for rF. I'm on a 8/1 connection myself. rF2 will be different though, if the preliminary bandwidth numbers are to be trusted...
2010 NA div. Admin