Nar Summer Events

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
carrera

Re: Nar Summer Events

Post by carrera »

yes,steve and i turned it into practise.
just a quick note...i will be running the new rft in 22 days or so when it is released.
i will still run the fia extreme as well.
i will be in kamloops next weekend so i will leave the server up with whichever track.
carrera 8) 8) 8)
Quote"Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'NO!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer .The end""
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Well, if you have practiced that much and are not fed up with the track already, I think we can run it again this weekend, Dec. 3rd. I should be there, hopefully with a new video card.
2010 NA div. Admin
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Me and Steve were there today, so I think we'll postpone to next Saturday, Dec. 10th...

Should we then take a break for the holidays ? I don't expect much drivers around on X-mas and new year's eve...
2010 NA div. Admin
carrera

Post by carrera »

sounds good.noone will be around during the holidays anyway.
i am invancouver till tomorow.
sorry i couldnt be there.
will be there next week though.
carrera 8) 8) 8)
Quote"Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'NO!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer .The end""
Mr G

Post by Mr G »

Sorry guys been really busy just lately was out visiting family :(

Im busy up till christmas so will probley miss races until after hoildays sorry :(
NAR Vodafone McLaren Mercedes

carrera

Post by carrera »

a quick note.
F1RFT 2011 final will be out december 19th.
The 25 megabit server will be open for testing the next day.
Until then the mod we are racing now will be the priority.
It will take a bit to get used to the KERS and DRS systems.
I will start recruiting as soon as it is up.
carrera 8) 8) 8)
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Thanks Carrera! 8)
2010 NA div. Admin
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by SteveB »

Thank you Carrera :)
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Well, the Estoril race has been cancelled as we were only 2 drivers again.

We'll have a break until next year, January 7th 2012 at least (to be confirmed, feel free to pitch in), unless someone wants to organize something during the holdidays but it could be hard to get people given that the actual holidays occur in the weekend this year...

Thanks to Carrera for the server in the last weeks! 8)
2010 NA div. Admin
Racer
NAR administrator

Post by Racer »

Are u guys folowing the rFactor2 news,
they started to upload content for downloading for an open Beta, only needed the rFactor2 exe
we can do some small Championships, while we testing the rFactor2. hopefully they upload the exe soon.
http://www.virtualr.net/rfactor-2-conte ... on-started
http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/1396-Downloads
http://www.virtualr.net/rfactor-2-new-q ... of-details
Peter Sojda

Post by Peter Sojda »

"Factor 2 comes with an online account system providing matchmaking & updates. It’s free for the first 12 months after purchase and a paid service after that" - I don't like it :( Just like iRacing
SCUDERIA FERRARI F1 TEAM
Racer
NAR administrator

Post by Racer »

Peter Sojda wrote:"Factor 2 comes with an online account system providing matchmaking & updates. It’s free for the first 12 months after purchase and a paid service after that" - I don't like it :( Just like iRacing
well we can tryit and see how it go, maybe there is a way around it,
i think if u dont paid for the service after the 12 month u stil can get updates and things, only u have to search for them ureself,
but we will see, :)
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

No MP for you if you don't pay (not even LAN). SP will still be usable after expiration but not sure about updates though. Given how they have added stuff for a while after releasing rF1 (cars, tracks) and how they plan to do the same with rF2, a semi-subscription model is not that bad an idea ("semi-" because if you let your subscription expire, you can still continue to use what you have in SP, unlike a "pure" subscription model)...

I don't remember where I saw that but I think renewals are supposed to be much cheaper than iRacing, in the order of 1-2$/month. To put things in perspective, an extra year's worth of rF2 MP racing + updates is pretty much what Ferrari Virtual Academy used to charge for a single extra track after it came out (speaking of which, they have released an "Adrenaline pack" that includes the 2011 F1 150 Italia and 458 Challenge for 10 Euros) and, as of today, they still only have 3 tracks available...

While I also don't like subscription models in principle, I don't really mind if they're cheap enough and you get to keep "something" when you stop subscribing. Not to mention it should help "sanitizing" the public server environments from wreckers/griefers because after a perma-ban, someone won't be able to just change his name and/or IP address and come back after (which is one of the goals of the centralized system).
2010 NA div. Admin
Steve

Post by Steve »

Peter Sojda wrote:"Factor 2 comes with an online account system providing matchmaking & updates. It’s free for the first 12 months after purchase and a paid service after that" - I don't like it :( Just like iRacing
It is NOT just like iRacing. iRacing you pay every month, right? AND for new tracks and cars? rFactor 2 is just $13 every YEAR for online play....That is ALL you pay for after you buy the game.
I may be slow, but at least I'm consistantly slow !