Qualifying. 12 laps or 3 laps (=1 hotlap)

Public topics, anyone can read/write.

12 or 3 lap qualifying

Poll ended at 26 Jan 2003, 13:12

12 laps
67%
3 laps (ONE hotlap)
33%

Total votes: 15

killahead
NAR founder

Qualifying. 12 laps or 3 laps (=1 hotlap)

Post by killahead »

Here is some interesting reading:
"The FIA Formula One Commission met in London today (October 28th, 2002) and decided on the following regulation changes:

Qualifying
- There will be two qualifying sessions - Friday and Saturday, both 13.00 - 14.00;
- qualifying to be one (only) flying lap for each car, cars to run one at a time;
- running order on Friday to follow Championship (previous year at first race), with Championship leader going out first, 2nd in Championship running second, and so on;
- running order on Saturday will be determined by the Friday times (which do not count for the grid), so that the fastest on Friday runs last on Saturday, the second fastest second last, and so on. "

If we are doing this we will only have ONE try, not two. Two tries would take forever to complete so the question is. Should we do this or keep our 12 lap qualifying.

I would like to know what you guys think about this, my first thought would that we should have only ONE try, but people I have talked to dont like the idea. Vote in the poll and post thoughts...
"I saw a red light and chose to stop, someone else saw a red light and chose not to," / Kimi Räikkönen
Lavvy

Post by Lavvy »

- There will be two qualifying sessions - Friday and Saturday, both 13.00 - 14.00;
- qualifying to be one (only) flying lap for each car, cars to run one at a time;

what if the car just abandoned a hot lap pitted then went back out....is that possible....??
Lifes a bitch, then you marry one.
tackman

Post by tackman »

Would be funnier to have just one try,should mix it up from time to time and maybe a little more causous qual lap(and looked on from all of us,no cutting curves)and REALLY putting pressure on the drivers(FUN)

Tackman