Public topics, anyone can read/write.
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Euro 2011 Australian GP race reports

Post by Bilbo »

The server replay and results files can be downloaded here:

Qual results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... a_Qual.xml
Race results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... a_Race.xml
Replays: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... tralia.zip (8.2MB, contains race and qual. replays)
Web-stats: Click here for stats!

Congrats to Craig for the win and thanks to all who participated!
2010 NA div. Admin
Coffeemachine

Re: Euro 2011 Australian GP race reports

Post by Coffeemachine »

First and foremost:

S O R R R R R Y MURAT!

i dont know what i was thinking, you where so fast on the straights i felt my only chanse was to get a good exit from t1... i went for the inside in the acceleration zone and realised too late that i was understeering into you...which was just silly cause there was no way i would be able to go through that gap at that angle and speed. sorry again, i hoped it would just be a pitstop for you but something else happened i noticed when watching the replay. was it a front wing stuck under the car or what the *** happened?

as for the race, well i tried to do a 30 lap stint..the tyres lasted 25 laps a bit difficult to drive with half a red dot... it failed with 3 laps left while i was entering the pits so i just parked it since i wouldnt have time to do a lap anyway.
[12:19:47]Dropkick: somebody tried to mug me once
[12:19:59]Dropkick: but i was so drunk i did not understand
Mr G

Post by Mr G »

Rubbish race I was suffering from graphic slow down in places on track been fine up till race :(
Qualy I did 1.33.5 ish but in practice i was doing 1.31 8 ish dooh !!

Anyhoo made terrible start then was pushing to catch peter when I went past coffee in the wall with a front wing missing which I hit and got punch had to pit with team mate waiting behind me :) then did what coffee did filled up and was pushing but pushed to much and hit the wall race over :( :roll:

Congrats to Craig and Peter for there finish :D
NAR Vodafone McLaren Mercedes

Craig Cookson
Favorite team: NAR

Post by Craig Cookson »

I made one of my trademark manual starts and went from first to last by the time i exited turn one. After this i just had to focus on trying to catch the people in front of me.

It was actually a lot of fun as there was quite a bit of action going on ahead, with drivers battling for places and even a few 'incidents'. :wink: Luckily I managed to stay out of trouble and made up some places quite quickly - till i only had Peter left in front of me. He was quite tough to pass but i managed to get by eventually and then i started to pull away. Coffee had good pace so i kept an eye on his placing and gap to me, but i think he had some problems and then he went for a very long final stint.

Once i had built up a decent lead I decided to back off a bit and just take it easy for the rest of the race, it was quite boring though. I was hoping we would stop at half distance as there were only 3 or 4 of us left, but i didn't want to be the one to press ESC and ask using chat in case everyone else was sticking with 100%.

The first 10 or 15 laps were a lot of fun, but i think maybe we should look at cutting it to 50% distance if we only have 5 or 6 drivers - it's normal for one or two to go out on the first lap (just seems to happen a lot), and then we have a full race to get through with only 3 or 4 cars. :( The chances of having close racing with someone when there are so few cars is obviously a lot less.

I do wish i could help to recruit some new drivers but it seems very difficult. My brother has a wheel and likes driving games but he only likes arcade stuff - i've made him try rfactor a few times and he struggles to get around a corner, nevermind a whole lap. :? So i guess we just have to hope some new blood will turn up wanting to drive soon, or some old faces will come back again. :)

See you in Sepang.
ForthRight