Euro Race Report Baghrein

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
Racer
NAR administrator

Euro Race Report Baghrein

Post by Racer »

Soooo.... yeaaa,
first race off the Season, let now how it was for ya, 8)
Peter Sojda

Re: Euro Race Report Baghrein

Post by Peter Sojda »

First race first podium :) Not too much drivers..... only 5 , but this was good race. Fight with Mr.G to last corner. On last lap i make many mistakes, to fast brake, and we have contact on last corner ;p Last 20 laps we have gap about 0,1-1,5s HOT!!!!!! :D
SCUDERIA FERRARI F1 TEAM
Dan Rasmusson

Post by Dan Rasmusson »

I decided not to qualify and play it safe from P5. I got off the line really well, and managed to take P2 behind my teammate Murat at the start. :) Craig missed T2 and went outside the track which was the main reason I took him on the following straight and managed to stay ahead of him. I didn't think he was going to attack into T4 because he was outside of the track in previous corner but he did anyway, something my front right suspension didn't like. :(
Anyway, tried to carry on from P3 but the car was abit out of control after that. I lost two more positions at the first hairpin after suspension reminding me it's broken so I had to go down to 1st gear after moving up to 2nd, making me lose 2 more positions... I tried to keep going but after 7 laps I spun and it was over.

WIth only one day's worth of practice I did fairly well, too bad I couldn't help my teammate more by keeping Craig behind me for a few more laps. =)

I managed to fix the synchronizing problems a little bit, it has to do with CPU and Speed of computer. My new computer is too good for rFactor lol. :)
Last edited by Dan Rasmusson on 13 Mar 2011, 22:07, edited 1 time in total.
Mr G

Post by Mr G »

Only 5 drivers but what a race Peter !!!!

Sry for contact on last corner on the last lap of race Idid brake same as always I think !! :D

Anyhoo Great race :mrgreen:

congrats to Craig for win

thanks to drivers who took part :D
NAR Vodafone McLaren Mercedes

Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

The server replay and results files can be downloaded here:

Qual results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... n_Qual.xml
Race results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... n_Race.xml
Replays: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... ahrain.zip (8.4MB, contains race and qual. replays)
Web-stats: Click here for stats!

Congrats to Craig for the win and thanks to all who participated!
2010 NA div. Admin
Craig Cookson
Favorite team: NAR

Post by Craig Cookson »

Dan Rasmusson wrote:Craig missed T2 and went outside the track which was the main reason I took him on the following straight and managed to stay ahead of him. I didn't think he was going to attack into T4 because he was outside of the track in previous corner but he did anyway, something my front right suspension didn't like. :(
Anyway, tried to carry on from P3 but the car was abit out of control after that. I lost two more positions at the first hairpin after suspension reminding me it's broken so I had to go down to 1st gear after moving up to 2nd, making me lose 2 more positions... I tried to keep going but after 7 laps I spun and it was over.

WIth only one day's worth of practice I did fairly well, too bad I couldn't help my teammate more by keeping Craig behind me for a few more laps. =)
I didn't know about any of this. :(

Your car was lagging very badly, to the point where it was disappearing and then reappearing a few seconds later. At the corner you mentioned i had no idea where you were, but when you appeared behind me on the exit i just assumed you had ran wide or something. I didn't have any damage on my car because from my games' point of view i hadn't touched anything. I'm sorry you got hit though. My replay will have recorded how much i couldn't see your car.
EDIT: If you look at the Incidents page of the Web Stats it doesn't report any contact between us.

My race was pretty boring overall. Made a decent manual start but still lost some places, then i just worked on catching Murat as he was in the lead. Once i got ahead of him i tried to control my pace until the end, but my lap times were still very up and down.

I'm happy with the win, but we really need more drivers. Five is extremely low for the first race of a new season. :( I know 3 or 4 said they wouldn't be driving Bahrain but they'll be back for the next race so that's a positive, but it's still not as many as you'd expect at the start of the season.
ForthRight
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by SteveB »

Congrats to Craig for the win and thanks to all who participated!

That is odd for the EURO division to start out like this, maybe it
is a good sign for the rest of the season. :)
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Dan Rasmusson

Post by Dan Rasmusson »

Craig Cookson wrote: Your car was lagging very badly, to the point where it was disappearing and then reappearing a few seconds later. At the corner you mentioned i had no idea where you were, but when you appeared behind me on the exit i just assumed you had ran wide or something. I didn't have any damage on my car because from my games' point of view i hadn't touched anything. I'm sorry you got hit though. My replay will have recorded how much i couldn't see your car.
EDIT: If you look at the Incidents page of the Web Stats it doesn't report any contact between us.
Aha, I see. I didn't have this problem so I understand that you hit me now. I had a synchronization problem since I just installed the game the day before. No problem mate, hopefully my issue will be resolved and we can get some clean racing in Australia. =) I wish I had finished the race though.
Racer
NAR administrator

Post by Racer »

Dan Rasmusson wrote:
Craig Cookson wrote: Your car was lagging very badly, to the point where it was disappearing and then reappearing a few seconds later. At the corner you mentioned i had no idea where you were, but when you appeared behind me on the exit i just assumed you had ran wide or something. I didn't have any damage on my car because from my games' point of view i hadn't touched anything. I'm sorry you got hit though. My replay will have recorded how much i couldn't see your car.
Aha, I see. I didn't have this problem so I understand that you hit me now. I had a synchronization problem since I just installed the game the day before. No problem mate, hopefully my issue will be resolved and we can get some clean racing in Australia. =) I wish I had finished the race though.
well Dan i hope the issue wil be resolved, cause with a problem like that u cannot be on the server.
it is clear that all Europe Drivers have a ping betwean or around 100 to 200, on the Server from Bilbo, due the distance.
but above that it show clearly that we get problem.
so u must see at ure PC that the overclocking is not tu high, put it to standard or litle bit higher,
i had in the past also that problem with my PC. maybe its the same with ure PC
goodluck