NAR 2011 Season - Discussion

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
Erick Davis
Favorite team: McLaren
Are you a spam bot?: No

Re: NAR 2011 Season - Discussion

Post by Erick Davis »

markymen wrote:Was having a great fun race then I lost it coming out of the last turn Lap 27. Erick and Iwere neck and neck but after the first Pit stop he was gone. My PC crashed for some reason sorry hope it didn't disturb you guys too much.
Yes that was some good racing there for the first stint.

I say you kind of disappear and then you were in the pits. Bummer about the PC lockup.

I did not notice any ripples in the server. It was rock solid for me, but then again it is only 500k away.
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by SteveB »

markymen wrote:Was having a great fun race then I lost it coming out of the last turn Lap 27. Erick and Iwere neck and neck but after the first Pit stop he was gone. My PC crashed for some reason sorry hope it didn't disturb you guys too much.
Not at all Mark. :)
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

markymen
Favorite team: Lotus

Post by markymen »

Hi Guys! Just tried to connect to the server to get a little practice and see what times everyone was running but no dice. Using the same IP that hasn't changed has it?
markymen
Favorite team: Lotus

Post by markymen »

I found it. Searched by game and found NAR practice. :)
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

markymen wrote:Hi Guys! Just tried to connect to the server to get a little practice and see what times everyone was running but no dice. Using the same IP that hasn't changed has it?
You may want to bookmark THIS THREAD (which is stickied in the Private forum). I try to keep it up to date as much as I can.

And YES, the IP address now changes every few days, unfortunately. The server is on my home connection which always had a dynamic but stable-for-years IP address but in the last weeks it has really become dynamic for no particular reason.
2010 NA div. Admin
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

For those who don't know how to use LC (Launch Control), HERE is an old post with an explanation about how to set it up and use it. There are some other interesting tricks in that thread too...
2010 NA div. Admin
carrera

Post by carrera »

Ok NA ADministration.

Can you please put up a post for the NA Division drivers seats 2011.
This is kinda ridiculous.No drivers seats for 2011 posted anywhere except in the 2010 seat discussion.
How can any of the older members look to see if they can get a seat when there is no post for it.
I still can't connect to noaidsracing.com which is ok but I still have no idea who drives what where.
I know I will be driving a renault but thats about it.
This is not a good way to get or keep members.
carrera 8) 8) 8)
Quote"Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'NO!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer .The end""
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

carrera wrote:Can you please put up a post for the NA Division drivers seats 2011.
This is kinda ridiculous.No drivers seats for 2011 posted anywhere except in the 2010 seat discussion.
How can any of the older members look to see if they can get a seat when there is no post for it.
I hope that's not the only thing holding them all from coming back as they could have asked anywhere in this forum, as almost all older members have done in the past even when there was a proper place to ask. The seat posts were usually outdated compared to the website which was always updated at least every race. It's quite evident after race #1 and the "2011 confirmation" thread that there are lots of seats available right now...
I still can't connect to noaidsracing.com which is ok but I still have no idea who drives what where.
You do have a point with the website down (see below). Unfortunately, we must rely on external help to fix the website or it would have been fixed much quicker.
I know I will be driving a renault but thats about it.
Indeed you do, unless you ask for a change. Boon still has a Sauber seat to his name too (for now) if he still wants to race with us.
This is not a good way to get or keep members.
If only you had waited after today's race, full league stats would have been posted here in the forum, which includes who drives what. They were not posted after race #1 because, well, standings and stats are not very useful after just one race. If only we had known that you cared so much about seats other than your own, they would have been posted then.
2010 NA div. Admin
carrera

Post by carrera »

Alright.
I am sorry for the outburst.
Perhaps it should be more of a group effort for recruiting members as well.
carrera 8) 8) 8)
Quote"Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'NO!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer .The end""
SteveB
NAR administrator

Post by SteveB »

The start of this season is much different than the past for me because there were only 5 or 6 drivers
at the first race which is unusual, so even we don't know who is in what seat.
We are hoping to see more cars on track tonight. :D

Just my opinion :D :D

Again this season the admins do what we can to get new drivers but we run out of ideas if any of you guys could help
out with getting some new drivers that would be great.
A good friend of mine who joined but couldn't race this season brought 2 or 3 new guys.
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Steve B wrote:The start of this season is much different than the past for me because there were only 5 or 6 drivers
at the first race which is unusual, so even we don't know who is in what seat.
Actually, we know what seat, we just don't know "who" (as always, returning drivers keep their seats and they're still theirs right now until we can put new drivers in them). In the past, many drivers did not post or say anything but showed up for the races so we carry most of the "regular" drivers' seats from one season to the next. It looks like the driver migration has not returned much so far (missing most of the drivers from F1QC in NA div, hopefully they come back when their winter season is over).

Also, it's no secret that the website going down has hurt us a big lot as, particularly at this time, there is a constant influx of new people interested enough in the league to ask for info from the contact page of the website and, of course, that's been dead along with the site. :(
Again this season the admins do what we can to get new drivers but we run out of ideas if any of you guys could help
out with getting some new drivers that would be great.
A good friend of mine who joined but couldn't race this season brought 2 or 3 new guys.
Word of mouth is always the best publicity!
2010 NA div. Admin
Steve

Post by Steve »

I put a post in either rfactor central, or ISIs forums about our league the other day, hopefully some folks will check us out...
I may be slow, but at least I'm consistantly slow !
Jackson

Post by Jackson »

hey guys whats up?
just wanted to say hi :) and maybe join the league for some great driving
Racer
NAR administrator

Post by Racer »

Jackson wrote:hey guys whats up?
Hi M8, :)
nice to see u yu,
and u always welcome. 8)
Mr G

Post by Mr G »

Jackson wrote:hey guys whats up?

Hi Jackson good too hear from you again :D

Cya on track soon :D
NAR Vodafone McLaren Mercedes

Steve

Post by Steve »

A sad day....season cancelled. Let's hope next year we can recruit plenty of drivers. I think we need to maybe relax some of the rules, maybe allow a FEW aids, and shorten the races. Maybe we can ask for feedback at RF central, No Grip, and ISI forums.
I may be slow, but at least I'm consistantly slow !
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Yeah, there will most likely be a lot of discussions before next season so all suggestions are welcome.
2010 NA div. Admin
Scott Beck

Post by Scott Beck »

Relax rules, don't think that's the problem. Add a few aids, that might help. Shorten the races, definitely. I race over at RaceDepartment using the F1 1992 mod and we do 2 20 minutes races with quali for both. I'm not saying NAR should do that, but we had 28 drivers for race 1 Sunday and 24 for race 2. I race every Sunday and have never had more fun racing in my life. I think full race distance sometimes turns people off except for the really hard core drivers. Maybe something like a 45 minute race with a 1 stop rule would be good.

I used to race with SimCar, but they have suffered the same fate as NAR. No drivers and missing Admins. Not that the NAR Admin have gone missing, but the no drivers, yes. As of now, SimCar is on a "break". Personally I'm not sure they will ever get going again. They say they are waiting for RF2, but who really knows when that will be out.

Hopefully the NAR Admin will think about different ideas to try and draw people back. Maybe my comments above will help.
Scott Beck
Visit http://www.rothmans-racing.com for Some Classic Info
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Admins are here, listening and taking notes...
2010 NA div. Admin
SteveB
NAR administrator

Post by SteveB »

Bilbo wrote:Admins are here, listening and taking notes...
INDEED!! :D :D
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN