Pedals

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
Steve

Pedals

Post by Steve »

Well, my Act Labs pedals finally broke, the brake pedal broke off INSIDE the housing...so I am in the market for a new set of pedals. What is everyone using here? I want to keep the price reasonable, say under $200....
I may be slow, but at least I'm consistantly slow !
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Re: Pedals

Post by Bilbo »

I have 2 sets of what used to be known as Act Labs Performance Pedals (the plastic ones, not the later metal "A1" ones) but that they now list under "Retro Gear" on their website. If you can tell me or give me a picture of the broken part, I can send you the piece (maybe even a couple of them) as I don't use them anymore (got tired of replacing springs even with the "newer" spring models and the wheel itself (ForceRS) was beginning to fall apart after 8 years of abuse). That's assuming you want to fix the pedals...

If you're looking for a replacement, I was VERY happy to switch to a Logitech G25 for both the wheel and pedals. About the pedals, in the first minutes, I thought the G25 ones did have slightly less "travel" compared to the ActLabs but they were more "linear" in effect and I quickly found that this gave me more precise control, making it actually easier to properly modulate the throttle and brakes. I have never really used the clutch on either set (mapped to a wheel button for quicker access in emergency situations) so I can't compare that.

YMMV but I improved my (then) PB time at Interlagos (which we had just raced on at the time, end of '08 season) by close to a second in the first night that I got the G25. While the ActLabs wheels and Performance pedals gave me great service for a long time (at the cost of regular maintenance), I wouldn't go back. After two years (2 complete NAR seasons), I have yet to do anything to my G25 (no broken springs or anything).
2010 NA div. Admin
Steve

Post by Steve »

I need the whole brake pedal assembly. It broke off inside, haha, but I know there were 2 versions of the Performance pedals, I have the later ones, and have NEVER had to replace a spring. Thanks for the offer Bilbo !!!
aawil

Post by aawil »

Does anyone have the ferrari 430 wheel? Thinking about buying a new wheel in the next month or so.
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by SteveB »

GREAT to see you Aaron. :) are you racing with us this season??

G25 here and for me it is a pain in the ass!!!!
When I start my PC it doesn't calibrate properly and I have restart my PC
2 or 3 times before it is right.....Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

carrera

Post by carrera »

Yo Steve B.
I only had that problem with windows xp.Haven't had that problem in windows 7 yet.
Make sure you do not have it plugged in when you start your machine.
That fixed my problem in xp...not sure why...even with the software it did the same thing.
Windows 7 seems to have fixed that...
Aaron....nice to see you old friend....the ferrari 430 I believe also works on the newer xbox 360 whereas the g25 won't.
carrera 8) 8) 8)
Quote"Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'NO!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer .The end""
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

No problem at all with my G25 and XP but I only power it just before launching rF so Carrera may be on to something. I just "manually" (footily?) push down all the way once on each pedal before exiting my garage the first time, the wheel itself has always calibrated itself properly at power-up time.

Since my power outlet is badly located under my desk, I just disconnect the cable coming from the wall at the little rectangular box (transformer) when the wheel is not in use. Out of habit from previous non-self calibrating wheels, I always leave the wheel centered (or close to centered) when I'm done with it so it is already mostly centered when its starts its powerup calibration. I'm not sure if that helps but I figure that it can't hurt (at worst, it should help keep internal wheel wear more even in both directions).

Oh, and nice to see you around Aaron! 8)
2010 NA div. Admin
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by SteveB »

I've done the same thing Bilbo and didn't seem to help.
I might try uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling them.
When I first got the wheel everything was fine it wasn't till mid season that
this started happening.
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

aawil

Post by aawil »

Nice to see you guys again, I am considering coming back, not sure how much time I'll have to dedicate to it at this point though. Given my lack of participation last year I'm guessing I've lost my ferrari seat, what's the plan with mods and all?
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

aawil wrote:what's the plan with mods and all?
http://forumserver.zapto.org/NAR/viewto ... 783#p40783
2010 NA div. Admin
Steve

Post by Steve »

Well, my accelerator pedal just stopped working, pffft !!! Hopefully I can get this resolved soon....