Winter Schedule

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Re: Winter Schedule

Post by Bilbo »

Reminder: Event #3 is (almost) today, Jan 2nd, at 2PM EST/8PM CET. 60 minutes race @ Philips Island. The server is ready.

I should be there but most likely not for long after the green flag due to not practicing this track yet. :oops:
2010 NA div. Admin
Mr G

Post by Mr G »

I dont think I will make this race but I will try too :( havent even practiced yet :mrgreen:
NAR Vodafone McLaren Mercedes

Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

The server replay and results files for Winter Event #3 (Phillip Island) can be downloaded here:

Qual results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... d_Qual.xml (we skipped qualy)
Race results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... d_Race.xml
Replays: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... Island.zip (1.4MB, contains race replay only)
Web-stats: Click here for stats!

We skipped qualifications and went straight to a 10-laps race due to lack of participation.

Congrats to Mr.G for the win and thanks to Coffeemachine and (non-member) Vyacheslav Vichilenko for participating.
2010 NA div. Admin
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

I have updated the first post with links to the tracks needed for the next two events (Monaco and Spa-Francorchamps).

The tracks are EXACTLY the same as they were in the NAR 2010 Trackpack so you do NOT have to get them again if you have the pack already installed.
2010 NA div. Admin
Steve

Post by Steve »

I need help from you PC gurus. Today I bought a new 1 TB hard drive, and Win 7 home premium. Got it installed, all is well with Win 7, BUT, now I get no "boot" screen where i can choose XP or Win 7, it just goes straight to Win 7. I had the RC of Win 7 installed before , and I DID get that screen. Any ideas what might have went wrong?
I may be slow, but at least I'm consistantly slow !
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

I believe THIS LINK has an answer to your problem.
Note:
If you are only booting into Windows 7 and do not have XP listed in the Windows Boot Manager, then you can install EasyBCD (step 8 Method Two below) to add XP (or Windows 7) while started in Windows 7 the same way to the boot list.
2010 NA div. Admin
Steve

Post by Steve »

I wonder if this applies to a system where each OS is on a seperate drive?

I tried using the F12 key on startup to choose boot device, chose the drive where XP is installed, and got a message "NTLDR is missing" Apparently when I installed Win 7, it erased some files on the other hard drive. Is there any hope of repairing? or am I looking at a reformat of the XP drive?
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Sorry, I couldn't help you more than that as the only Win7 I have is at work and it came on a new PC (RC2, later upgraded to "Offical Release" version). From past experience though, if I wanted to install on a totally separate drive, I'd have unplugged the original drive (XP), if only for safety, as some past versions of Windows were quite "voracious" when looking for previous installations to overwrite/upgrade/screw up (choose two). I don't know about Win7's behaviour but I wouldn't even give a chance to one of Bill's (or Steve Ballmer's now) child to even *think* about touching the existing installation...

You can maybe check the link I posted above, there's a 100+ pages discussion at the end...
2010 NA div. Admin
Steve

Post by Steve »

Thanks Bilbo, I'm asking in all of the Windows forums I can find, haha, if necessary, I'll just reinstall XP I guess, or, if all of my programs will work on Win 7, I'll just format that drive, and use it for storage...
carrera

Post by carrera »

I've always put 2 operating systems on one drive and had another drive for storage so I'm not sure Steve.
One important thing tough steve.For your older games to work(if they aren't)make sure you download the latest direct x for windows XP and install it in windows 7.
Yes...it will go in and any old games that require dirx9 will work like a charm.This basically puts XP mode in win7 all the time thereby eliminating buying win7 pro for its"XP"mode.
I only use win7 home premium and modify it with dirx 9 and it kicks ass.don't spend the money on win7 pro if you don't need it.
You will have to use a boot program probably steve as they are free anyway if yu have seperate drives.
wish I had more info on that.I am about to by 2 sata3 tb drives for the new machine but I have no reason to use XP with win7 modified with dirx 9.EVen my oldhitman 47 game from 10 years ago runs perfect.Good luck STeve.Hope this helps as i have no need to run xp anymore .
carrera 8) 8) 8)
Quote"Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'NO!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer .The end""
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

carrera wrote:This basically puts XP mode in win7 all the time thereby eliminating buying win7 pro for its"XP"mode.
Win7's "XP mode" is mostly useless for gaming as it's a virtual machine that emulates a very low-end, non-3D accelerated graphic card (Intel?). It's really meant for business applications (but it's great for that, if you absolutely need it).
2010 NA div. Admin
carrera

Post by carrera »

Oh...and by the way.I was on my computer 15 minutes before the race and installed Phillip Island.Raced it many times in motogp3 so I knew it already.
Unfortunately I erased my xp drive to put win7 in on my new machine .I have rfactor but realized it did not have the porsche mod....
I redownloaded it again but it was already late so next time I will be there.I lost all my setups too in that installation of Rfactor so I gotta figure it out again.
next time
Carrera 8) 8) 8)
Quote"Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'NO!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer .The end""
Steve

Post by Steve »

Bilbo wrote:I believe THIS LINK has an answer to your problem.
Note:
If you are only booting into Windows 7 and do not have XP listed in the Windows Boot Manager, then you can install EasyBCD (step 8 Method Two below) to add XP (or Windows 7) while started in Windows 7 the same way to the boot list.

Bilbo, you are a GENIUS !!! Worked like a charm m8, thanks for the link!!!! ( On XP now :D , Now, let me see if I can get into Win 7,lol ) Also, rFactor works fine on Win 7, so all is well !!
Ruben Miranda
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by Ruben Miranda »

Hello Gent's
Sorry I really wanted to get back on track with all of you once again.
And with that in mind I helped to put this winter thing together.
But no matter what I do Sundays just don't work for me there is always something going on.

Even the next 3 Sundays there is Something on the Calender to Scared to look more in to the future.

So with that :oops:
I have to bail out on the racing at least on Sundays.

Again my Apologizes to all of you

Ruben Miranda :(
I might not be fast, But I am ahead of you.
Ruben Hitman Miranda
Scott Beck
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Scott Beck »

Aren't the F1 season races on Sundays?
Scott Beck
Visit http://www.rothmans-racing.com for Some Classic Info
Steve

Post by Steve »

Scott Beck wrote:Aren't the F1 season races on Sundays?
Yep !!
Ruben Miranda

Post by Ruben Miranda »

Hello

Scott Wrote:
Yes that are that is why I made a whole what 1 race last season.
And this year is not looking any better for me. :(

Ruben M.
I might not be fast, But I am ahead of you.
Ruben Hitman Miranda
SteveB
NAR administrator

Post by SteveB »

Ruben Miranda wrote:Hello

Scott Wrote:

Ruben M.

:( :( :(
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Ruben Miranda wrote:Hello

Scott Wrote:

Ruben M.
:( indeed...

In any case, thanks for organizing our winter events and I hope you get lucky and can sneak in for a few races with us...
2010 NA div. Admin
carrera

Post by carrera »

Right on STEve,
We already knew Bilbo was a Genius though.Thats why he is admin with Steve B the exceptional track builder...
I did 2 laps of Monaco andcrashed 57 times so will practise alittle more....LOL....
carrera 8) 8) 8)