Racer
NAR administrator

Euro Race report abudabi

Post by Racer »

say the words, :)
Peter Sojda

Re: Euro Race report abudabi

Post by Peter Sojda »

I know it :( My setup was to much overster, I lost control when brake and finished on wall :) Sorry Mr.G that I damage your race :oops:
SCUDERIA FERRARI F1 TEAM
Mr G

Post by Mr G »

Peter Sojda wrote:I know it :( My setup was to much overster, I lost control when brake and finished on wall :) Sorry Mr.G that I damage your race :oops:

No worries M8 I wasn't happy on this track.

It happened in slow motion for me your spin I just followed the red then Bang ! :D
Then got stop and go when pit for damage then pushing to hard and hit wall :(

nevermind congrats to winner and finishers
NAR Vodafone McLaren Mercedes

dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

Well Craig, i asume you finished the race wich means you will be champion.

Before the race i was already not realy in the mood to race here, i knew i had to finish this race and i had to finish it in front of Craig in the hope to stay alive for the championship title. I had to take in mind that Craig still has to take part in the rerun for Japan, and i cant take part in that race as i crashed out in the first lap way before the server crash lol. Anyway 3 points ahead and my goal was to finish in front of craig.

But then came qualy and he putted in a staggering 40,4 laptim and i was like wtf because in practise session my fastes with fuell was only 41,5 lol so i was already not keen on racing and this pretty much putted me on a downside. Anyway i decided to make some tweaks on setup last minute wich was little more wings in the hope this would bring me some. Then first q atempt i quited, 2nd atempt was 41,3 if im not mistake still almost a second down to craig and for my feeling the changes where not realy helping. Then in warmup you can still a couple of changes after parc ferme and thats front wing, i decided to take some more front wing for the race in the hope this would work, in warmup i actualy did a laptime of 40,7 so i figured that my chances where better with more wing.

Anyway race start, got a good start of the line from 2nd into 1st and pretty much led the first 7 laps, tried to make a gap to Craig but i guess i was risking to much. Then i got caught on the first corner, went to much over a curb and my rear end got loose spun the car into the barriers and that was it. Repaired the car went on, but later on in the race with 15 laps to go or something i crashed the car again and decided to call it a day, Craig was going to finish most likely anyway and i was just tired of this track. Anyway i can live with Craig taking this championship, he only made one mistake last race costing him valuable points and all the other points loss was due to conection woes :mrgreen: He was pretty much flawless all season long so yes deserved champion well done m8. :wink:
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
Murat Ozsarac
Favorite team: McLaren
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Murat Ozsarac »

I don't remember a worse race in my online racing career. After great fights in Brazil, i was wondering if we can do the same here as well, but no luck, no fight for 55 bloody hell laps, no nothing. Like MrG said we were all bad. At the end of the race, all I wanted was Craig to overlap me for the second time just to save me from a 1 more lap of disaster, but no luck again. I would be the happiest man if i saw some blue flags swinging around.

After all, congrats Craig for the victory and well deserved title.

Thank you all for the season and fair races. Will be looking forward to race u again.
Born to race, race to die
Craig Cookson
Favorite team: NAR

Post by Craig Cookson »

This turned out to be the most boring race of the season, although it certainly didn't start that way.

I got pole with a good clean lap and when Mark commented on my time I thought (or hoped) I might've actually had a pace advantage here. Unfortunately I lost the lead at the start and on his first full speed lap Mark matched my qualifying time. That's when i realised it was going to be a very difficult race, especially as he had a good 8 or 9 mph top speed advantage over me. I was pushing hard to try and close the gap but on lap 8 Mark spun on the exit of turn 1. I didn't know how much damage he had but it obviously allowed me to open up a big lead when he pitted for repairs and I hoped at that point just to be able to pace myself until the end.

That's how it worked out, but the race was super boring and the laps seemed to be taking forever to go over... it doesn't help when it's probably the least fun track to drive on. lol

At the end there was only myself and Murat left - I know it was equally boring for him but i think we both just wanted to finish for the points.

I'm still pleased with the win, and if these points mean I take the championship then that is brilliant! :P It certainly hasn't been an easy season, and it's nice to have had so much close racing with other clean drivers.

Now let's just make sure Abu Dhabi is banned in 2011... :twisted:
ForthRight
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by SteveB »

Craig Cookson wrote:That's how it worked out, but the race was super boring and the laps seemed to be taking forever to go over... it doesn't help when it's probably the least fun track to drive on. lol

HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: !
I told you this race was LOOOOONGGGGGG and BORRRRRRRRRRINGGGGGGGG!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you don't keep your concentration here your in the wall for sure.

CONGRATS for the win and the Championship Craig WELL DONE !!!!!

Congrats to Murat for second.

I would like to CONGRADULATE ALL the EURO drivers for another FANTASTIC season.
I also like to thank NEO and "G" for the EXCELLENT job they did as admins for the 2010 season.

We hope to see you all back in March for the NAR 2011 F1 Season.
Last edited by SteveB on 07 Nov 2010, 23:43, edited 1 time in total.
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Craig Cookson

Post by Craig Cookson »

dutch power wrote:Anyway i can live with Craig taking this championship, he only made one mistake last race costing him valuable points and all the other points loss was due to conection woes :mrgreen: He was pretty much flawless all season long so yes deserved champion well done m8. :wink:
Thank you very much. :)

The last few races have been particularly tough. I think we've been on very similar pace since around Spa, so it was difficult for either of us to comfortably beat the other... and most races have been very close. Brazil stands out as a really good one even though i crashed out of it before the end (stupid pit lane barrier).

It's been a lot of fun racing with you this season - hopefully i'll see you in the Race of Champions.
ForthRight
Craig Cookson

Post by Craig Cookson »

Steve B wrote:
Craig Cookson wrote:That's how it worked out, but the race was super boring and the laps seemed to be taking forever to go over... it doesn't help when it's probably the least fun track to drive on. lol

HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: !
I told you this race was LOOOOONGGGGGG and BORRRRRRRRRRINGGGGGGGG!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you don't keep your concentration here your in the wall for sure.

CONGRATS for the win and the Championship Craig WELL DONE !!!!!
Thank you! :)

You certainly weren't wrong about this race - it was awful, and it seems everyone feels the same.
ForthRight
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

I'd just like to remind everyone that there's still the rerun of the Euro div. Japan race left next week and then the RoC the week after. The RoC is technically supposed to be for the top 10 of each div. but, historically, given that not all of those who should be there are actually there, usually all drivers who are available are welcome until the grid is full...

Congrats Craig for your championship! 8)
2010 NA div. Admin
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

The server replay and results files can be downloaded here:

Qual results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... i_Qual.xml
Race results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... i_Race.xml
Replays: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... uDhabi.zip (8.0MB, contains race and qual. replays)
League stats: Click here for the NAR stats
Web-stats: Click here for stats!
2010 NA div. Admin
SteveB
NAR administrator

Post by SteveB »

Well in light of Bilbo reminding us that you guys have 1 more official race to run then
Craig hasn't won it yet, Mark still has a shot at it mathematically.

Sorry Craig :(
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Craig Cookson

Post by Craig Cookson »

Steve B wrote:Well in light of Bilbo reminding us that you guys have 1 more official race to run then
Craig hasn't won it yet, Mark still has a shot at it mathematically.

Sorry Craig :(
We have the Suzuka restart yes, but I don't think Mark is taking part as he retired from the original race.

Anyway, I'd just like to congratulate you on your Championship win Steve! Great consistency you've had throughout the season, and it's nice that it went down to the final race of the season with three drivers still capable of winning the title.

Well done! :P
ForthRight
SteveB
NAR administrator

Post by SteveB »

Thank you Craig it was a FANTASTIC season.
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

@ Steve, Craig has won the championship already, i cant take part in the re run because i crashed out in first lap that race so was already out of the race at time when the server crashed.

@ Craig, well if i put in some normal practise atleast more then i have done this year (i just dont have time to practise much for this) then i think i should be able to match pace on most tracks, although on the higher downforce tracks i lack some pace though. But for this year for most of the races i didnt done much more then 2 hours practise per track i guess so there is room for me to improve pace wise.
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
Mr G

Post by Mr G »

dutch power wrote:@ Steve, Craig has won the championship already, i cant take part in the re run because i crashed out in first lap that race so was already out of the race at time when the server crashed.
You can race but you will start at the back of the grid as I understood it.
NAR Vodafone McLaren Mercedes

dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

Im not racing, thats whats been told to me last time. If i had knew i could take part i would have taken a much different aproach these last races. :?
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

Racer
NAR administrator

Post by Racer »

dutch power wrote:Im not racing, thats whats been told to me last time. If i had knew i could take part i would have taken a much different aproach these last races. :?
dont no who says that Dutch, but what i now i say we all do the Race over,
we will start in the order Drivers crashed or finish, when server crash.
so get in the Torroroso, 8) :)
Craig Cookson

Post by Craig Cookson »

dutch power wrote:@ Craig, well if i put in some normal practise atleast more then i have done this year (i just dont have time to practise much for this) then i think i should be able to match pace on most tracks, although on the higher downforce tracks i lack some pace though. But for this year for most of the races i didnt done much more then 2 hours practise per track i guess so there is room for me to improve pace wise.
That's quite a scary thought. :shock: I normally did quite a lot of laps to prepare for each race, but then I do often need more laps than others to get 'up to speed'.

By the way - I have absolutely no problem with you racing in the Suzuka re-run, i thought i should mention that since there seems to be some confusion about who is or isn't taking part. It's fine with me. :)
ForthRight