Abu Dhabi

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
Craig Cookson
Favorite team: NAR

Abu Dhabi

Post by Craig Cookson »

This is a new track for me, i'm not sure if you raced it last season (?) but i have to say it is probably the worst track i've ever driven on - 90% of the corners are super tight fiddly trash.

I don't know what Herman was on when he came up with this thing, but it doesn't seem to have anything to do with F1.

It's just awful to drive. I thought the Valencia layout was bad but this is even worse.

There's just no fun in these kind of corners.

/rant over
ForthRight
carrera

Re: Abu Dhabi

Post by carrera »

Well I'll have to say one thing to add to Craigs comments.
This is the first time I have driven this track as well and it truly sucks.
I can handle Valencia to a certain point but this is trailer trash to me.
I have been practising on this track for 2 days and still haven't figured it out.
I'll get it sooner or later but I will definitely RACE it although I am still shaking my head at the layout.
carrera 8) 8) 8)
Quote"Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'NO!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer .The end""
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

Hold youre breath, in the next few years there will be another 3 Tilke tracks done so my advise is get used to it :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Given that they have lots of money, don't expect this track to go away before the few remaining interesting tracks...
2010 NA div. Admin
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by SteveB »

it is a LOOOOOOONG and BORRRRRRRRRRING race I can tell you that.
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Craig Cookson

Post by Craig Cookson »

Steve B wrote:it is a LOOOOOOONG and BORRRRRRRRRRING race I can tell you that.
lol... I'll look forward to it.

I should add that the track is actually very challenging - as carrera says it takes a while to figure it out, but it is challenging for all the wrong reasons.

I can use 1st gear for 90% of the corners with my setup, and it's the standard understeer on entry (because the corners are so tight and often lead straight into another super tight corner) followed by snap oversteer on exit when you're turning with nearly full lock and trying to apply power so you don't lose time.

It is not meant to be this way in F1.

Plus this new tread for slow corners that actually tighten on exit... i don't have any words.
ForthRight
Craig Cookson

Post by Craig Cookson »

dutch power wrote:Hold youre breath, in the next few years there will be another 3 Tilke tracks done so my advise is get used to it :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I saw a circuit plan for the Austin track on planetf1 and it actually looked quite good - i think they might actually get it right with that one.

Sepang is a great track, and apparently Tilke also did the old A1 Ring (another one i quite liked), so he does know how to design fun tracks, but recently it has well and truly gone to hell.
ForthRight
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

Nah first see then believe Craig, i have heard this to much past years. It always looks fantastic at first sight until you hit the track and try it out. :mrgreen:
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by SteveB »

Hi Guys,

I didn't want to start a new thread so I will post here.
I know you guys like the codemaster's Korean Circuit but I don't think
there is an easy FPS fix here.

There are 4 .mas files which contain about 4000 files which is more than triple to an rFactor circuit.
I only get about 90 to 100 FPS at best here, now I know why they limited the online play to 12 cars, there is NO WAY
you can have any more than that.

I will keep trying but doesn't look good and then IMO would be a majority rule for which KOREAN version to use for the ROC.
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

Id suggest to pick a complete different track, there is a nice Mid Ohio track out with decent fps or mayby a track like Elkhart Lake (road america) to name 2 tracks would be nice to race them.

Infact im actualy done with this f1 mod lol, id prefer to do the roc a complete different way then we normaly did, pick 2 mods or something F3 openwheeler and a tintop mod do some short races with it fixxed setup mayby and combine the results.
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

dutch power wrote:Id suggest to pick a complete different track, there is a nice Mid Ohio track out with decent fps or mayby a track like Elkhart Lake (road america) to name 2 tracks would be nice to race them.

Infact im actualy done with this f1 mod lol, id prefer to do the roc a complete different way then we normaly did, pick 2 mods or something F3 openwheeler and a tintop mod do some short races with it fixxed setup mayby and combine the results.
i'd like that too- although i find the korea track quite entertaining :)
[12:19:47]Dropkick: somebody tried to mug me once
[12:19:59]Dropkick: but i was so drunk i did not understand
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

dutch power wrote:Infact im actualy done with this f1 mod lol, id prefer to do the roc a complete different way then we normaly did, pick 2 mods or something F3 openwheeler and a tintop mod do some short races with it fixxed setup mayby and combine the results.
I think you're referring to a format closer to the real-life Race of Champions. Although that would make a nice winter event, that's not the goal of the NAR RoC. Our RoC is meant to close the NAR FORMULA ONE season (hopefully) on a high with a combined division race (which is something we're regularly asked about) and (hopefully) a bigger grid than the last few races of the season. We usually use the occasion to run (usually) well-liked F1 tracks that got axed by Uncle Bernie and were not run on in the season (Suzuka, Spa, A1-Ring, etc., depending on the years) although this time we're kinda doing the opposite by using a track that should have been part of the season but that we did not know if we would actually have it.

If you or someone else would like to organize a "truer"(?) RoC in the winter break, I'd be happy to help.
2010 NA div. Admin
Racer
NAR administrator

Post by Racer »

who now where i can download the F1RFT trackpack 2010, was looking for it without luck.
want to test the Mod that Steve B put on forum, but most Server have F1RFt 2010 tracks on,

cheers, 8) :)
rich54

Post by rich54 »

Neo wrote:who now where i can download the F1RFT trackpack 2010, was looking for it without luck.
want to test the Mod that Steve B put on forum, but most Server have F1RFt 2010 tracks on,

Here is the link:

http://maszosz.hu/page.php?2061
Racer
NAR administrator

Post by Racer »

rich54 wrote:
Neo wrote:who now where i can download the F1RFT trackpack 2010, was looking for it without luck.

Here is the link:

http://maszosz.hu/page.php?2061

aah tnx m8, great, :)