Public topics, anyone can read/write.
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Euro Brazil Race report

Post by Bilbo »

The server replay and results files can be downloaded here:

Qual results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... l_Qual.xml
Race results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... l_Race.xml
Replays: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... Brazil.zip (11.7MB, contains race and qual. replays)
League stats: Click here for the NAR stats
Web-stats: Click here for stats!
2010 NA div. Admin
Craig Cookson
Favorite team: NAR

Re: Euro Brazil Race report

Post by Craig Cookson »

I crashed on the way out of the pitlane after my second stop. Too busy checking if i had put enough fuel in as the consumption was different to practice for some reason.

Grats to the winner and everyone else who didn't crash. :roll:
ForthRight
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

Shame, would have loved to battle it out in the final stint.

Well about the race itself, i messed up my quali a bit not realy focused i think with a 3th place as result. Race went ok got a ok start but stayed in 3th after some laps i managed to get past Eleanor and then it was chasing down Craig, the whole first stint we where matching pace realy and with 1 tent per lap i was closing in slowly until the end of the stint when i was pretty close with 2 secons i think. Lost little bit with pit entry to slow but whole 2nd stint i was realy on it, good pace and faster then Craig not by much but enough to put him under some pressure. Whole 2nd stint we where within 1 second i think and a couple of times wheel to wheel, trying to get past him and trying to let him make a error but he didnt made a big one so i was left in the hope to get past him by making a faster pitstop then him. After my 2nd stop i was realy putting in some hot times and i was hoping this would make him nervous because till then he still dindn't made a mistake.

Then after 4 laps came his 2nd pitstop and when i came past the first corner i was suddenly 1st and he DNF'ed wich was realy a suprise, but at the same i realised that this was the best possible result for me as it brought back the championship tittle alive again as for the rerun in Japan i cant take part, so this points will equal the Japan race and there are still chances left.

Anyway whole 2nd stint was a joy, pressuring Craig as much as i could getting wheel to wheel a few times all fair racing with no contact was realy nice and putted a big smile on my face, this time the race was not boring apart from the final 20 laps then. :mrgreen:
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

I have posted the links to the replay and stats above. The rF reports website appears to not be working at this time (even for old reports), that is unfortunately outside our control.

Congrats to Mark for the win and new championship lead.
2010 NA div. Admin
Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

Oh no, i totally forgot about the race. sorry!
[12:19:47]Dropkick: somebody tried to mug me once
[12:19:59]Dropkick: but i was so drunk i did not understand
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by SteveB »

CONGRATS Mark for your win and the lead in the championship.
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Craig Cookson
Favorite team: NAR

Post by Craig Cookson »

dutch power wrote:Shame, would have loved to battle it out in the final stint.

Well about the race itself, i messed up my quali a bit not realy focused i think with a 3th place as result. Race went ok got a ok start but stayed in 3th after some laps i managed to get past Eleanor and then it was chasing down Craig, the whole first stint we where matching pace realy and with 1 tent per lap i was closing in slowly until the end of the stint when i was pretty close with 2 secons i think. Lost little bit with pit entry to slow but whole 2nd stint i was realy on it, good pace and faster then Craig not by much but enough to put him under some pressure. Whole 2nd stint we where within 1 second i think and a couple of times wheel to wheel, trying to get past him and trying to let him make a error but he didnt made a big one so i was left in the hope to get past him by making a faster pitstop then him. After my 2nd stop i was realy putting in some hot times and i was hoping this would make him nervous because till then he still dindn't made a mistake.

Then after 4 laps came his 2nd pitstop and when i came past the first corner i was suddenly 1st and he DNF'ed wich was realy a suprise, but at the same i realised that this was the best possible result for me as it brought back the championship tittle alive again as for the rerun in Japan i cant take part, so this points will equal the Japan race and there are still chances left.

Anyway whole 2nd stint was a joy, pressuring Craig as much as i could getting wheel to wheel a few times all fair racing with no contact was realy nice and putted a big smile on my face, this time the race was not boring apart from the final 20 laps then. :mrgreen:
It was really fun with the constant close racing. I was actually worried that you'd have a top speed of around 200mph here and then i don't think i could've kept you behind. Luckily for me i think we were quite close on wing levels (mine was 22-20).

I'm still annoyed at my crash, really silly mistake in the end there... I was looking forward to racing you in the final stint as well. :(

Is Abu Dhabi the final race for the championship (apart from the Suzuka restart)? I know we have Korea but that is down as the Race of Champions and I don't think it includes championship points, but i'm not sure.

Grats on the win Mark, and well done to Eleanor and Murat for getting on the podium! :)
ForthRight
Peter Sojda

Post by Peter Sojda »

That was the best 12 laps in my simracing carrer :lol: Unluckly I hit in wall on T1 and lose 1 lap :(
SCUDERIA FERRARI F1 TEAM
Murat Ozsarac
Favorite team: McLaren
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Murat Ozsarac »

Just the 6 drivers but u can't expect a better race even with full grid. 3 drivers fighting for the victory in front and others doing the same at the back, all wheel to wheel with no contact. Grats Mark with the victory and fastest lap, thanks Peter and G for the great battles and thanks Craig for proving us ur a human-being, weird to c u making mistakes like us :mrgreen:
Born to race, race to die
Mr G

Post by Mr G »

Amazing Race thanks Murat and Peter great fun shame I went off just before my pits to which put me 20 seconds back from you Murat but we had a another nice fight near 2nd lots of pitstops :D

Sorry for you Peter was great fun :D

Congrats to Mark and all finshers :D
NAR Vodafone McLaren Mercedes

dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

About ROC thats a sepperate race , as for season i think we should count the last 2 races there is a Korea version out if im not mistaken so i think we should run it. :)

@ Craig, yes i was having 24/20 wing 2ndly my 7th gear was to short so it was realy though to get a proper tow on you, let alone getting out of the slipstream for a pass. If i had used lower wing i propably would have passed you, but i think i would have been strugling in S2 because of lower wings. :)
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

The RoC does not count towards the championship, it's just for fun and bragging rights. Euro div has Abu Dhabi and Japan (rerun) left as official championship races, while NA div only has Abu Dhabi left.

Korea was planned for the RoC from the start, conditional to availability. Given the number of drivers participating in the races at this time of year (not that bad compared to some past seasons but not great either), there's not much incentive in adding an extra race at the last minute to an already long season (are you listening uncle Bernie?), but that's just my opinion... Might as well just run the track at the RoC with both divs together and (hopefully) have more fun with a (hopefully) decently-sized grid to cap the season on a (hopefully) good note (I'm a hopeful guy). 8)
2010 NA div. Admin